Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

I30KRAB reveals super secret discounter

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I30KRAB reveals super secret discounter

http://www.ikesound.com/
http://stores.ebay.com/IKE-SOUND
Old 05-18-2006, 07:48 PM

Just say no to Ike...
Old 05-18-2006, 07:59 PM

Just say no to ebay car audio!!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:05 PM

their warehouse used to be about 5 min from me but I see they moved it to Hallendale.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by slickrick
their warehouse used to be about 5 min from me but I see they moved it to Hallendale.
"Just say no to Ike..."
"Just say no to ebay car audio!!"

While you are repeating this mantra can you say goodbye to your hard earned money while paying retail!!!

Old 05-18-2006, 11:33 PM

Thats not it, the problem is if 1 of those items you bought takes a crap on you. Then when? You cant exactly contact the manufacturer, they wont warranty it. Leaving you at a loss. 1 of those, pay more now or a whole lot later things.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:58 PM

guaranteed warranty > those sites.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by HitManSE
Thats not it, the problem is if 1 of those items you bought takes a crap on you. Then when? You cant exactly contact the manufacturer, they wont warranty it. Leaving you at a loss. 1 of those, pay more now or a whole lot later things.
No disrespect but you've been brainwashed! You are drinking the retailers lemonade.
Reminds me of the real estate agents. They tell you selling a house by owner (FISBO) is foolish and dangerous! Yeah sure, they want their thousands of dollars of commissions. As you get older you'll see the truth.
By the way, wer're not talking houses here just speakers costing less than $100.00. So, if they go bad down the road, big deal I'll just replace them. No harm done!
I'm sure I'm much older than you and in a different financial situation. This is why discussing prices and quality of a boy's toy is meaningless unless you are in identical financial and educational situations and then maybe!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:50 AM

Its all good no offense taken, im not going to argue with you

Chk your PMs
Old 05-19-2006, 05:01 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally Posted by i30krab
No disrespect but you've been brainwashed! You are drinking the retailers lemonade.
Reminds me of the real estate agents. They tell you selling a house by owner (FISBO) is foolish and dangerous! Yeah sure, they want their thousands of dollars of commissions. As you get older you'll see the truth.
By the way, wer're not talking houses here just speakers costing less than $100.00. So, if they go bad down the road, big deal I'll just replace them. No harm done!
I'm sure I'm much older than you and in a different financial situation. This is why discussing prices and quality of a boy's toy is meaningless unless you are in identical financial and educational situations and then maybe!

So Im guessing in your world of theory its also ok to purchase knockoffs as well? Just provided their cheap in price.Sorry my friend your logic is flawed, these arent house, your right. Theyre components of your car that can easily go bad. No warranty leads to a long term headache.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:00 AM

[QUOTE=Pearl96Max ]So Im guessing in your world of theory its also ok to purchase knockoffs as well? Just provided their cheap in price.Sorry my friend your logic is flawed, these arent house, your right. Theyre components of your car that can easily go bad. No warranty leads to a long term headache.[/QUOTE

You're putting words in my mouth, I never mentioned "knockoffs" or "cheap" products. I'm merely saying be smart with your money.
So these components can easily go bad, you show me how many shops are going to trouble shoot your stereo system down the line and fix it free. BS, if you're lucky they'll get to you after all their paying installs are done and then they won't spend more than a few minutes until they want to charge you. You personally may be more upstanding with your customers but most car audio shops are like auto repair shops, buyer beware!!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:21 AM

they are not authorized...if they were thats fine. I bought a jbl 600.1 from them and the girl on the phone was a *****. she wanted 2 charge me $25 shipping to literaly ship it about 3 miles because I could not come pick it up. they lie on their website about what they have in stock to get people to buy SOMETHING...the good ole bait and switch tactic.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:33 AM

they are not authorized...if they were thats fine. I bought a jbl 600.1 from them and the girl on the phone was a *****. she wanted 2 charge me $25 shipping to literaly ship it about 3 miles because I could not come pick it up. they lie on their website about what they have in stock to get people to buy SOMETHING...the good ole bait and switch tactic.
Surprise, surprise they tried to take advantage of you! Be a smart consumer if you don't like their tactics go elsewhere. Life in general is a battle to get what you want or need. If your personal level of frustration is high under these types of circumstances find retailers that make you more comfortable.
If you want to save money shopping wisely you'll get your share of BS. Saving money as a consumer or making it on the job is generally not easy, it requires work!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:43 AM

Surprise surprise two can be smartasses on the org...I paid them about $6 in shipping not the 25 they asked for. I bought this amp about 4 years ago and from the posts I read on car forums the CS has not improved very much. I know how to shop, but you don't have to scam the scammers to get a good price. Plus, for my audio needs they do not sell anything of sufficient quality. On a side note, I do not mind buying wires online, but for pretty much anything else car audio I try to go legit.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:53 AM

Surprise surprise two can be smartasses on the org...I paid them about $6 in shipping not the 25 they asked for. I bought this amp about 4 years ago and from the posts I read on car forums the CS has not improved very much. I know how to shop, but you don't have to scam the scammers to get a good price. Plus, for my audio needs they do not sell anything of sufficient quality. On a side note, I do not mind buying wires online, but for pretty much anything else car audio I try to go legit.
Huh??????..............
Old 05-19-2006, 09:56 AM

cliffs notes: ^^^ shipping costs=BS=scamming in my book="their tactics" in your book.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:17 AM

Don't worry guys, we will all be the ones laughing when he buys fake speakers or a fake 791xv and it goes bad in a month. Not to mention the horror stories from a ton of people on CA about Ike sending the completely wrong amp, wrong internals, or the right amp but used and completely scratched and beaten to ****. You have fun dealing with that. Yes you think you are saving money...but Id rather know my money is being spent well, and on what I want, then being thrown down the drain.

/thread.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:32 AM
I need a truck

Ebay is the cheap way out. My dad always says "You get what you pay for." I'm a firm believer in buying from the store so that if there's a problem, then you can take it back to them. Which is why I always bought from Don (not saying I had any problems), but I could always ask him a question if I had a concern. Thanks Don
Old 05-19-2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Conrad283
Ebay is the cheap way out. My dad always says "You get what you pay for." I'm a firm believer in buying from the store so that if there's a problem, then you can take it back to them. Which is why I always bought from Don (not saying I had any problems), but I could always ask him a question if I had a concern. Thanks Don
As I said, you feel comfortable dealing with Dan and that's fine! I'm sure he's an honorable guy.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:27 AM

Even without egay and Ike, who pays retail at all these days? I may pay an extra $20-$40 bucks for my components above the egay price to get a warranty, and am failing to see how I am throwing my money away. I got burned very badly by them in the past. To the tune of $790. They didn't send the product I ordered, I emailed PayPal, then they sent the product after I asked for a refund. BTW, it had been 6 weeks from the order date before they shipped. I waited 5 days and refused the order, this is what PayPal told me to do, and the company refunded my money 3 days later less their shipping costs both ways for a product I ordered almost 7 weeks ago and said not to send. If it wasn't for PayPal and them having copies of my requests and date of payment, I would be SOL. Fuhck Ike. Not only can I get my equipement faster and with better customer service, it only cost me a few extra bucks. I wish you luck in dealing with these crooked e-dealers.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Likes them corn fed

[QUOTE=filtor1]Even without egay and Ike, who pays retail at all these days? I may pay an extra $20-$40 bucks for my components above the egay price to get a warranty, and am failing to see how I am throwing my money away.QUOTE]

nice point.. no store charges retail or even M.a.p anymore.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:57 PM

I for one want to know that what I am buying is the real thing.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:43 PM

I feel both sides to this debate. I bought half of my equipment on ebay and haven't gotten screwed yet. I just got a 25-50% discount off retail. I bought my sub amp here on the .org. That isn't any safer than getting something off ebay really.
Now, if I were to buy an eclipe h/u, I would definitely go through an authorized dealer. Why??? Because you get lifetime theft protection. Maybe brick and mortar stores are going to have to offer more things like this to compete with ebay?
Old 05-19-2006, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by KCMaxima98
I feel both sides to this debate. I bought half of my equipment on ebay and haven't gotten screwed yet. I just got a 25-50% discount off retail. I bought my sub amp here on the .org. That isn't any safer than getting something off ebay really.
Now, if I were to buy an eclipe h/u, I would definitely go through an authorized dealer. Why??? Because you get lifetime theft protection. Maybe brick and mortar stores are going to have to offer more things like this to compete with ebay?

Everyone has their war stories!
Walk carefully through the mine fields!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:25 PM

Who told you that you would get lifetime theft coverage? They need to be corrected.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:43 PM

I vaguely recall a looooooooooong time ago (10+ years) where Eclipse said their decks were "theft-proof" or something (they wouldn't work if removed improperly), but I don't recall how far that went on a guarantee.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bollwerk
I vaguely recall a looooooooooong time ago (10+ years) where Eclipse said their decks were "theft-proof" or something (they wouldn't work if removed improperly), but I don't recall how far that went on a guarantee.

Its called ESN and a key CD is required (if activated) to make the unit work if power is disconnected. They will also replace your HU if stolen but ONLY for the first year and if bought and installed by a Dealer.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Who told you that you would get lifetime theft coverage? They need to be corrected.
At least at the local shop they offer some sort of lifetime warranty on the thing if you let them do the install. Maybe it was a warranty on the unit and not theft....I don't remember for sure. Its possible it is a promotion run just by them too although they made it sound like eclipse was backing it.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:57 PM

At least at the local shop they offer some sort of lifetime warranty on the thing if you let them do the install. Maybe it was a warranty on the unit and not theft....I don't remember for sure. Its possible it is a promotion run just by them too although they made it sound like eclipse was backing it.

Alot of shops nowadays offer lifetime warranty on Labor. To offer a lifetime warranty on a product that doesnt back it would be senseless and wouldnt profit any money for the business, making it simply not survive.

For the record, Eclipses warranty WAS 3 years if dealer installed, 1 year if dealer purchased, but not installed. ESN for the first year if dealer installed, no coverage if not. Current status is..1 year dealer purchased of both warranty and ESN coverage. Nothing more if installed.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:56 PM

Still, once the ESN is activated if stolen, that HU is about as good as a paper weight at most. I belive it works off how many tracks a CD has, and how long each track has. Thus making it a long code, however if the key CD used to activate the ESN was a burned CD. No one would be able to create that exact CD in the exact order of the tracks. Combinations are almost limitless, very cool feature IMO.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by HitManSE
Still, once the ESN is activated if stolen, that HU is about as good as a paper weight at most. I belive it works off how many tracks a CD has, and how long each track has. Thus making it a long code, however if the key CD used to activate the ESN was a burned CD. No one would be able to create that exact CD in the exact order of the tracks. Combinations are almost limitless, very cool feature IMO.

Very true, hence why most thieves wont bother with an Eclipse HU. Although it is Highly recommended not to use a burnt CD. Even from your own computer is has to be copied Exactly the same. Not meaning tracks/titles/etc. If anything is a hair off it wont work.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:02 AM

If someone were to steal my HU, it is nice to know that they wont be using for its original purpose.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
If someone were to steal my HU, it is nice to know that they wont be using for its original purpose.
Hey,
You guys are hijacking my thread!
Go directly to jail, do not pass goal, do not collect $200.00.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:35 PM

I just got back from a Southern Style chicken place. They had a bunch of Monopoly type games there . Some of them were NBA-opoly, Motown-opoly, and a quite a few others. By the way, the chicken was very good, they even served Kool-Aid there as one of the drinks. I need to take a nap now.....
Old 05-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Back from Hibernation

Ummm we all have our opinions on whether or not shopping online is cool. There's been numerous threads/arguments all aobut the same thing. Thats fine and all, I'm just wondering why nobody (OK I'll admit I stopped reading after a while...seen all this before) has called this out as spam yet.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:41 PM

cuz this guy has been registered for years and not to mention I DOUBT anyone on here will buy from Ike after reading this thread. plus his location in relation to FL makes me wonder why this thread even started.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:35 PM

cuz this guy has been registered for years and not to mention I DOUBT anyone on here will buy from Ike after reading this thread. plus his location in relation to FL makes me wonder why this thread even started.
slickrick
...needs to please stop post whoring.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
I just got back from a Southern Style chicken place. They had a bunch of Monopoly type games there . Some of them were NBA-opoly, Motown-opoly, and a quite a few others. By the way, the chicken was very good, they even served Kool-Aid there as one of the drinks. I need to take a nap now.....

mmmm chicken and kool aid.

That's the most relevent and informative information I can add to this thread.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
mmmm chicken and kool aid.

That's the most relevent and informative information I can add to this thread.
kool aid. I think you've been drinking too much of this stuff!!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by i30krab
Hey,
You guys are hijacking my thread!
Go directly to jail, do not pass goal, do not collect $200.00.

Do you guys use 10w 30 oil or 40 for the summer?

Quick Reply: I30KRAB reveals super secret discounter