Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

What do I do? Bose stereo whoas...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 02:55 PM

What do I do? Bose stereo whoas...

I enjoy good audio. I like lots of bass. The bose highs sound fine to me at this time, and I don't really have the cash to upgrade all of them. I have my sub in the trunk but it doesnt sound good. The way it is set up now is I have an RCA spliced into a rear channel with a line driver pushing the sub. Its not loud and theres a lot of interference. I've used a LOC from where the amp connects to the stock sub, didn't go so well. I have a 15in eclipse titanium hooked up right now. The way I see it, my options are:

Get a new head unit and all the adapters, and just run rcas to give signal to the subs.

I could try my 10's to see if it improves anything at all...

I could try the LOC at the stock sub point and use the line driver this time (first time with no line driver, there was little signal strength)

I could do this will 10s or the 15. I'm really not sure what to try.

How do bose speakers sound with a different head unit? Some one advise me, I have so many ideas on what to try and no idea where to start. This is a rough post so please lmk what needs to be clarified. Thanks all.

Brandon
Old 07-09-2006, 04:27 PM

1. Yes, its a very rough post, and at first read, I had no idea what you were trying to do.
2. Hate to be brutally honest, but if the Bose highs sound fine to you, you DO NOT enjoy good audio.
3. Best solution is gonna be to get a new deck and run RCA's straight to the sub amp from the deck. You could then eliminate the line driver and LOC.

The Bose speakers sound better off an aftermarket deck than a stock deck, but still get **** on by aftermarket. I dunno about you, but the Bose 0.5" tweeter doesnt do it for me.

For options as to wiring an aftermarket deck into stock Bose, see my post in the Car Audio FAQ sticky, page 2.

Good luck.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Pull all the bose stuff out, the eclipse titanium isnt a bad sub & can sound damn good in a decently built enclosure. Get an aftermarket set of components & a new headunit along with a set of amps to match. Apply a whole lot of sound deadener to the front doors & trunk area.

If you dont have that $ to uprade them all atm, then wait til you do.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:05 PM

Yeah i had a 4x100 watt amp in my 4th gen with infinity kappa perfects all the way around with the eclipse on a 1000 watt rockford 1000bd. Pioneer 9600mp head unit. And I know the bose is no where close to aftermarket, I was just saying its fine for me for right now, all I'm trying to do is get some bass with my bose, maybe upgrade the tweeters until I get the bank roll to rip it all out, put a comparable head unit to my pioneer in, a 4 channel amp, and build a false floor for this car. I think I want to go with polk or memphis...maybe mb quarts this round.....just trying to get to that point. Thanks for any suggestions...

I swapped the 10s in for the 15 and it made a great deal of improvement.