Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Need help upgrading ti HO altinator

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:58 AM

Need help upgrading ti HO altinator

Ok. my OEM alternator is out. I have a 220A alternator am gonna try to put in. I also want to replace the battery terminals, and all wires to 1/0 AWG (grounds and connectors.)

I wanted to save this for when i wa ready to put all my "junk" in the car...
anyway
I don't have anything but stock equipment in the car right now, and the battery is about 4 days old.

So my qesutions are, can i just pick up a $3 or $4 set of terminals for the battery for now from a autoparts store,

do they have to read the same guage as the wire? Like i saw some regually terminals with two bolts for the wiring, no wire reading, can i use that for the next two months?

The directions say nothing about the engine block wire being chaged, should i upgrade that too?

help a brudda out!! pleze

I have to drive my girls civic for now. SO i just want it up and running , but becasue i'm using a altinator thats rated double the power of the OEM, i want to know whats the best way to go here...
Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

honestly... your best bet would be to bring it to a car audio shop, mainly because i read your thread about wrapping a wire around the spark plug for a tach signal, and personally I dont think you or your friends should be near a car.

No do not buy $3 terminals from a car part store your best bet, is to either go through Don (pearlmax) or online some where, im sure he has some pictures of terminals he has instock.

List
Battery Terminals
0 AWG WIRE /Crimp Terminals
Optima red top/yellow top

I have a 210 amp stock alternater from nissan, and my lights barely dim with the big 3 upgrade, if done properly it should be a very effective tool. But like i said i dont suggest letting you or your friends do it.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:43 AM
maxima985spd

hahaha LOL @ Rob