Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Wiring issues with Kenwood HU

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:12 PM

Wiring issues with Kenwood HU

I have a 99 Max SE with the Factory Bose, and it just recently died. I bought a Kenwood headunit and the Scosche factory adapter so I could keep the factory speakers and save some money. My problem is this, The radio plays great, the cd player and the aux in for an ipod both act like they are playing, but nothing is sent to the speakers. Is the problem thatthe factory amp isn't getting the signal that it should be on, and if so, why is it getting through the radio, but not the other 2 sources. I think this is a pretty common adapter that alot of you have, hopefully someone has run acorss this before.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you have the remote turn on wire hooked up to the power antenna or vice versa hook up the remote turn on wire from the aftermarket radio harness to the factory one, problem solved.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:36 PM

Also make sure you have the right harness if you have the bose system and you run headunit power to it you will overdrive system and not get any sound also.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Let me guess.....

You might connect HU's "Antenna Remote On" signal to speakers' "amp on". This is the only way to explain why the signals went through only at radio mode.

Check if your HU has "remote amp on" signal. Hook it up to factory harness's "amp on" signal.