Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

problems..help

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 11:19 AM
rageuser

i recently installed an infinty basslink amplified sub and a fosgate 400.4 punch amp. Everything was working ok, but there was some engine noise so i decided to change and shorten the ground and fool with the rcas. now the sub doesn't work, the power light is on though, and only the rear speakers play, softly. i've fooled with everything, different ground points, changed gain, fader, balance. what's wrong???

Old 07-23-2001, 02:48 PM
rageuser

I fooled around with cables and I suspect a faulty RCA jack. I plugged in the right cable and i hear sound, but when I plug in the left cable the sound goes away. I can only get sound out of the front speaker or the rear speakers, never both at the same time, but the subwoofer never works. Is this a good assumption or is there any easier solution? Either way, this sucks.

Old 07-25-2001, 09:31 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

take it to a stereo shop you know and get a professional opinion on how to correct it. The Infinity bass link might be defective. You never know.

Maximadave