Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Stupid speaker grills!!! Help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 09:06 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

My door speaker grills have started to rattle. Anyone know a good way to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2001, 12:40 PM
Disco Biscuit

Well, are they loose? Or could the whole dor panel be rattling?
Old 08-21-2001, 12:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

when i first had the car, i had the same exact problem. After my sound deadening project, no more rattles

anyway, the best way to find out where the rattling is, is to remove the door paneling, and play some music. Use your ears to locate where the rattling is coming from, and use acoustic sheets to dampen that area. Hope that helps.

Hi Jonathan! hehe
Old 08-21-2001, 01:38 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

When I press on the grills they stop rattling. I hate pulling the door panels, I can never seem to get them back on right. Does anyone know how the grills are attached? They look like they are just glued on there...
Old 08-21-2001, 04:20 PM
Disco Biscuit

well, bad news. they are held on by 4 screws that can only be accessed by pulling the door panel. It sounds like they've worked themselves lose.

TERD!!!!!!!!1 I see you're posting gain. How did you fix the problem? Any pics of yur system yet?
Old 08-22-2001, 12:20 AM

hey jonathan, I'm becoming more and more an insomniac.

Let me find what I posted on maxima.org a few days ago, it's the whole explanation.

LOVE maxima.org, and it's a TOTAL MIRICLE that I found a way to get myself posting again.

I used my old username, Ch12i5, but the problems of having to always login began.

So I created this one not too long ago, but eventually, the same thing happened.

I was just playing around with the computer settings and IE settings, and I double-clicked the tiny icon on the bottom right corner of the browser that says "Internet" with a globe beside it.

All I did was type "forums.maxima.org" as a trusted site, and wow!!! it worked!!

I have no idea why this started 3 months ago, but I'm just glad I fixed it. I can finally make myself known in this community!

(I'd hate to jinx myself though, so lets just hope this lasts)

Thanks for all of your support
Redmax, I just wish it was that simple...

A long time ago, I tried to put my security settings at the lowest setting, so it would accept ALL cookies. Not too good for the computer, but I really wanted to get onto maxima.org again.

I'm starting to think that the problem was what Jambo suggested...I have to go to the main forums list to be able to be cookied. Then I thought, "for over 6 months, I never had to that...I just had favorites saved for the 4th Gen board and General forums."

So I took a look at my favorties' URLs...and all I could remember was noticing a very LONG URL....with weird characters near the end. So I think that URL was outdated a LONG time ago, when the vBulletin was revamped. So all I did was delete those VERY old favoties I made probably in November 2000, and I made new favorties with a clean URL such as -http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=1-.

anyway, yeah, that's my tortuous story...hehe.
well i hope you had the patience to read that...but that's about it. Anyway, whitemax, I cleaned the Throttle Body too, and acceleration is better than ever. It's silky smooth, just like everyone says

hey mtrai, I have a link for you...I forgot to add it onto my first post:
http://www.geocities.com/artourb/max...ft_install.htm

yeah, that's just if you need help removing it. actually, i had a very EASY time putting it back on. You just have to remember that the clips should be on the door panel when you try to put it back on. If you look at the door panel holes (where the clips go) you'll see holes that go from small to big and are connected. That's how you connect it, maybe you knew that already. Maybe I'm talking too much.
Old 08-24-2001, 05:37 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Thanx for the help everyone! Nothing a little Dynamat couldn't fix
Old 08-25-2001, 04:11 AM

Glad you fixed it.

What'd you do?
Old 08-25-2001, 01:20 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

I pulled the door panel, removed the speaker grill, lined the contact surface with Dynamat, added some dynamat to the surrounding areas, and everything is fine now

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson
Glad you fixed it.

What'd you do?