Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

CD Changer Mounting location with Sub Box

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2001, 08:10 AM

I have a sub box in my trunk and I'm wondering where would be an ideal location to mount up my new CD changer so that it does not skip when the bass hits hard. Any suggestions?

GC
Old 08-25-2001, 05:47 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Left rear corner of your trunk...my vcr and cd changer are there with no problems skipping...

Maximadave
Old 02-18-2003, 08:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by Cisco
I have a sub box in my trunk and I'm wondering where would be an ideal location to mount up my new CD changer so that it does not skip when the bass hits hard. Any suggestions?

GC
I just bought a 2k SE with Bose. I'm adding a sealed dual 10" sub box with A/D/S S10 Subs and wondered the same thing. With Courtesy Nissan's extremely affordable price on the Nissan (clarion) cd changer, I was considering doing it at the same time. I guess getting some feedback from others that may have this "factory" changer would be helpful - especially those who may have subs in the trunk. I would imagine I should be ok, but it would be nice to have an idea on the quality of the changer before I buy. Are there any others that might work with the OEM Bose HU - perhaps that might play CD-RWs or MP3 cds? And NO, I'm not interested in FM modulated models. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.