Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

*Pics/Vid* Carputer, Climate control relocation, Fiberglass, touch screen And more!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

*Pics/Vid* Carputer, Climate control relocation, Fiberglass, touch screen And more!

I posted this in the 5th gen section, but figured I'd post here as well..

Well, It's been 2 years in the making. Slowly working on the car, getting everything just right. Well, she's finally done! For a while I was looking at a big hole in my dash, as I broke the TV on install - but I finally bought a new one, and hooked up the computer.

Enjoy!

(It looks like it is hard to touch the screen, but it was just because I was looking through the camera, and not at the screen itself.)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=c5GzZVFpb4o

PC - P4 1.4 ghz, 512 ram, 40 gig HDD, external 300gb hdd,
TV - 7in Lilliput touch screen
GPS - Houlex receiver. Streets and trips 2007 software

Climate control was made from fiberglass, by hand, by me. See bellow thread for the making off...
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=300566

Old 11-07-2007, 05:17 AM
tastey wheat

whole job looks great man, excellent work. Its obvious you have some sort of experience in fiberglassing. Need shots of the finished climate control though, they dont show up (to me anyway) in the other thread - Looks like it will be cool.

The only thing that bothers me is that the cc blocks the rearview.. I almost would have rather inset it into the headliner to clear the view a bit more. But either way, great work!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by mendon99
whole job looks great man, excellent work. Its obvious you have some sort of experience in fiberglassing. Need shots of the finished climate control though, they dont show up (to me anyway) in the other thread - Looks like it will be cool.

The only thing that bothers me is that the cc blocks the rearview.. I almost would have rather inset it into the headliner to clear the view a bit more. But either way, great work!

Thanks bud Believe it or not, this was my first time fiberglassing! Yes, the CC does block the rear view a bit, but I can still see out of it. It doesn't really bother me too much, as the bass from the stereo always viberates it down anyways, so I never use it anyways. There was no way for me to put it into the headliner any more then I already did, as there wasn't much space back there to work with. I'm just happy it is finally done, and I have some original work that no one else has!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 AM

Thats great work. Really nice, and thanks for sharing.

I want something with a 10"-12" touch-screen LCD display in which I can view DVDs, a backup camera, and GPS navigation. However, I do not want the full functionality of a computer, for e.g. I do not want a traditional laptop-like hard drive. Capability to accept DVDs and flash drives or compact cards is enough. For that, do I need to install a full computer or something lesser would work?

I would like both of my backup camera and GPS receiver to be wireless, i.e. they would transmit the signals to the above screen wirelessly. Do you know of any device with touch-screen that can receive such wireless signals from multiple sources?

Last question... I would like to install the screen on the roof as a flip down as opposed to in the dash. Is it easier to install in the dash or in the roof?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:45 AM

Where are your climate controls?

**Nevermind**

Saw the youtube vid - looks sweet mounted to the ceiling!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Active procrastinator

great work and it looks very professional
Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

A/C console mod on 02MAX

Silvermax2k2, I was just looking at your fab of the A/C control overhead mount and let me say that it looks awesome. You got some skills there. I wanted to look at the pics that you had posted on Photobucket.com but it asks for a password. Also some of the pics from this thread was deleted probably due to age of the original thread. Do you have some pics of the finished product and I would also like to get access to Photobucket to view the rest of your pics. I have an 05MAX and want to do some mod like this on her.