Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Technical Challenges(Electrical questions)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:05 PM

Technical Challenges(Electrical questions)

Update:

The Max is doing great. 208K miles strong, wonder if I can get a free one at 300K? Recently had a couple of changes to the Max, which brings to the point.

1. The antenna mast has broke, and I don't have a functioning antenna. Uh, what are my options? Can I just order a mast? Is it easy to install?

and the second, really most important question, is in reference to my radio.

2. I just recently purchased the jvc kdavx33. The clock and the radio memory keeps resetting. I went through a couple of trouble shoots, nothing.

Thanks in advance.
KLS
Old 12-03-2007, 02:25 PM

1. If the nylon mast tail is not broken inside, then replacing the mask is pretty easy. Just remove the top threaded ring on top.
2. Likely you just have a marginal power or GND tap. Recheck to make sure the wiring or connector crimps are tight.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Check to see if you crossed the red acc from your radio to the constant 12v of the car. Common mistake. Weird but yellow is the constant wire not the red comming out the radio.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by DARTHSWAN
Update:

The Max is doing great. 208K miles strong, wonder if I can get a free one at 300K? Recently had a couple of changes to the Max, which brings to the point.

1. The antenna mast has broke, and I don't have a functioning antenna. Uh, what are my options? Can I just order a mast? Is it easy to install?

and the second, really most important question, is in reference to my radio.

2. I just recently purchased the jvc kdavx33. The clock and the radio memory keeps resetting. I went through a couple of trouble shoots, nothing.

Thanks in advance.
KLS

There are two wires for power. One for ACC (usually red), one for constant power (usually yellow).

Looks like you forgot to connect the constant power. This line will keep your unit always powered and remember the settings. If fail to do so, the memories will keep loosing whenever you turn off the unit.

Good luck!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:32 AM

what should the constant power be connected to? I haven't been back there but I believe yellow is to red, and red is to yellow. Is this not right?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Constant power should show 12v all the time, key in/on or not.

The yellow on the radio needs that.

If you used a Nissan wire harness adaptor, which gives you a bunch of wires to attach to the radio harness. It should be color for color.

If you chopped your nissan harness, I personally dont know the wire color for it, or you can use a volt meter.