Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Ground Kit original ground locations

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:28 PM

Ground Kit original ground locations

Yes yes yes, i know there have been many threads on regrounding our cars but frankly i am not impressed with the fact that these kits require you to reground your car in different places let alone keep the original wiring. Keeping the original wiring defeats the purpose of the new wiring because electricity takes the path of least resistance and that doesnt mean it will necessarily take the route of the new grounds you added.

My question to everyone is, what are the original locations to bind all parts of the chassis together in order to create a full chassis ground. I have identified the one off of the battery and onto the engine block but after that I can't find any more. I am creating a custom ground kit consisting of 2 awg wire. I have a 1000 watt amp which uses a 4 gauge ground and putting on a 4 gauge ground for chassis wire is kind of dumb if your amp is utilizing 4 gauge. The goal is to promote as much resistance free flow of electricity and this can be done with larger gauge wire. I realize the wires are short but they are key connections in creating the circuit.

thoughts guys, its on a 96 i30