Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Been a special week..halfass build log...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Been a special week..halfass build log...

Throughout the last month or so ive done alot....
A)Bought a new max....Got rid of the nine8 for an Oh3

B) Ran a gauntlet to sell Alot of my spare stereo stuff, to get the setup I wanted...Dyn362s....
Due to Jeeps Wonderful quality and a 400$+ bill on my 06 Jeep Commander for a Body Control Computer?(Airbag light on, intermittent starting) (just out of warranty), had to make some adjustments as this dipped into my play money...considerably...Then the baby Momma hit me up...There went that... remember kids, child support is never enough it is an all expanding and encompassing creature cause KIDS ARE FOREVER...and they choose your old folks home...so kick in extra when you can lol.
C) ended up having to go with a new setup of speakers as they dipped into my speaker cake...

DLS Nobelium 6.2s. May consider going with the DLS iridium midrange later for a three way, but with a deployment pending dont think ill be sinking much more into the rig in the way of "non useful ****" as the wife puts it...just processing and deadening the car.
DIY Review on the Comps

D)Aside from that...the modifications have begun. DItched the 19s FINALLY in favor of some 18s(Seen on the car) so i can get some more meat on the tires, and lose the harshness that you get with a 225-35-ZR19...GOODNESS that and wa state roads is MURDER.

E) enough of that. Figured it probably would be better to go back to some audio stuff so i went ahead and started a buildup on the new car. First thing i noticed.>>THESE THINGS RATTLE LIKE A DAMN TIN CAN. Makes no sense. IT rattles INSIDE the car with MINIMAL bass. MINIMAL. i mean ridiculous. Whatever the little japanese guy that said lets leave this rear deck free floating with foam chunks under it....i just need three minutes on the mat with him....not even three...just rather choke his *** extra long after he taps..

Last edited by Cant_Get_Ryte; 04-19-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

sorry im a boxing coach and love combatives lol....

F)First step was going to be DRAG that back seat and deck out. and get into the trunk...Used the remainder of my mat here and on the top of the rear deck. awaiting some more to finish the bottom although its pretty well done. then hitting don up for some liquid to go over the wheelwells, and base of the trunk and rear doors. more work....later...

and a break to go walk the pooch...

Last edited by Cant_Get_Ryte; 04-19-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

G)started off with two diamond audio 12s that I WAS sure were going to replace the fifteens due to the size of my ported enclosure for the 15....ended up changing my mind of course...after nearly completing the glass work on the new box...
minimal bracing on the rings

with side flares for caps and to flush mount

Then i quit and went back to the fifteen lol...ported pics coming soon...

doors-Mocked up with Plexi prior to mat addition, to close up access panels. From here it goes to cutting strips on the inner and outer skins.. Basically a day of cut up hands and a 3m spray glue High WOOHOO...

Old 04-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

The Germs prior to leaving my hands lol. Backshot of the box.

What a waste...no damn room for this..bought it a week before, then got rid of the fourth gen

Of course I wanted an EXCLUSIVE and pretty color setup up front...plus i hate bass *****...so i upped my 8volt out from my deck through the EQ and got them with the blue lights...smurfs beware WOOHOO...

and finally the brain...I nagged the hell outta DON CORNELIUS for this for about a month...they still dont have em available in seattle...according to foss and stereotomy...

mmm...copper...
Old 04-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

other than that basic stuff....finishing up the trunk this weekend...deadening the lid...guess ill throw some shots of the sub amp as well....and the two others installed....maybe...ummmm...other than that shes got an injen intake, fosgate distro style battery posts, some momo stuff (ebrake,mats, shifter,pedals,deadpedal) just cantget the wife to bite on seats or losing my airbag...,exhaust, dropped, and tint...im happier with the 3.5 but have to get in on a couple engine mods and some black taillights that altezza **** is horrible...

Other than that
woofer choices

The left is my tc9 custom, that i got off a member of CA forums....good woofer for the price. love the sound of it ported, although its running in about 2.75 sealed right now. Ran ported at just under 3.5 prior, and think ima go back to a similar setup...havent decided...

On the right is my tdx fresh back from FI Audio, with the wrong coils....Loved that sub, but while i was overseas my cousin killed it. Needless to say, took a year to get a recone, and when they did it they claimed ot UNDERSTAND that I was looking for a dual 2 ohm sub to match to my new amp...Needless to say as wrong as michael jackson moving to a country where little boys run naked in the street, they sent it back DUAL 1 OHM. So when i run it on my 1501 it is just not as user friendly as it should be lol.

still sexy though...right now its a 37 lb weight sitting in my garage...lol.

andits a marked improvement from my rush job on the trunk of the 98

Last edited by Cant_Get_Ryte; 04-20-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

box installed during prefit

and fatmat lol i got a good price on a small amount lol. the rest is damplifier. FInal part of the deck lid will be raamat.

doesnt matter to me as i hot glue the edges and use the 3M 90 spray glue. never had an issue with any deadener falling off, and ive lived in FT Drum NY (Freezing my ***** off) to FT Irwin Cali (115 anyone?) to FT Monroe VA (Humid as Hell at times) To Ft Lewis (Water water water) and FT Bragg....Home of the Eighty Deuce, what can I say. WOOHOO....
comments suggestions...

and im stuck on processing and needing some domes...gonna have to cake up a little and harrass don in a couple weeks...

and lastly....ANT HAMILTON IS THE JOINT

and another break

Last edited by Cant_Get_Ryte; 04-20-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I can only see half the pics. Will try back later.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

refreshed and it shows all?

Last edited by Cant_Get_Ryte; 04-19-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:42 AM

i take it you're back stateside now?

yeah i only see half the pics how are you liking that EQ?
Old 04-19-2008, 02:16 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Nice stuff! Pics of the car homey?

So no dyn's? Whatcha got then? Is that an IDX I spy?
Old 04-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Originally Posted by AscendantMax
i take it you're back stateside now?

yeah i only see half the pics how are you liking that EQ?
yeah stuck in washington state for now. Fort Lewis. Standing up a Stryker Brigade from Scratch (The mighty 5Th Brigade of The 2nd INFANTRY Division). Really Really not what i wanted. Just hoping to get to a special ops unit and move out and do something spectacular, cause this is lackluster..

. ill work the pics in a bit i actually only use it for the sub control if that isnt silly...**** is too hard to adjust digitally on the radio, this made it easy to adjust level on the fly, without switching for every song.

I use the built in eq for the comps currently, but think i may end up doing a 6xs with two eqts for tuning.

Last edited by Cant_Get_Ryte; 04-20-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:29 PM
tastey wheat

looking good so far. cant wait to see that box finished..
Old 04-19-2008, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cant_Get_Ryte
refreshed and it shows all?
Everything shows except the first 2 pics and everything in post 2. Looks good though!
Old 04-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Originally Posted by mendon99
looking good so far. cant wait to see that box finished..
lol changed routes brother...went back to the old 15 box i made and working on a ported floor again to conserve trunk space gonna work it next weekend. been a bad day after it started good bro...heres a shot of the box in my old 4th gen.

want something thatll be different so waiting till im out of the dumps before i try to inspire myself...lol never noticed i still had that ss enc. on there..he hooked me up with a regular ported box...wonder if hes still on ca...

just to accentuate HOW non linear the box is was a pain sanding...thats why i stopped prepping for paint and carpeted it lol.

Last edited by Cant_Get_Ryte; 04-20-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:48 AM

I can see them all now.... You have the same sickness I do. buncha****layingarounditis.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 PM

lookin good...I like the new max.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

thx rick.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:23 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

So when are you gonna do an array of like 10 8" subs? Go back to your roots.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:05 PM

looks good.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Originally Posted by nismos14
So when are you gonna do an array of like 10 8" subs? Go back to your roots.
lol im done on that brotha last was 10 w6s and that was like 300lbs. thats like a fat girl in the trunk lol.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:47 AM

lol im done on that brotha last was 10 w6s and that was like 300lbs. thats like a fat girl in the trunk lol.
i got 300+ pounds in my trunk with just 2 12's..lol

and how you like the fatmat? i just got in 100sq ft of it and plan on installing it today...
Old 04-22-2008, 05:51 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Old 04-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Originally Posted by JEXTEL
i got 300+ pounds in my trunk with just 2 12's..lol

and how you like the fatmat? i just got in 100sq ft of it and plan on installing it today...
lol ill bet. i was looking @ the HDC but the damn enclosure and sub weight, were the deterrent....that and i think 1 was too much sub for my 1501d lol

the fatmat, isnt bad...I chea in application as like i said i use the 3m heaby spray glue and glue down the edges. i went double thick on it and have no issues or problems. its just messy as hell (As all are when you use that glue), but it worked fine, with my...baffling. i wouldnt use it again just due to the fact of the corny blue writing...and it all came off while applying...not all but a good portion..wear gloves...