Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Pioneer AVIC-Z2/Z3 Placement Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:16 PM
The Golden One

Pioneer AVIC-Z2/Z3 Placement Questions

Anyone here have the AVIC-Z2/Z3 with the bluetooth module connected and working?

Where did you put your microphone? How does it sound for the people on the other end? How does it work with the voice commands?

I was thinking of putting it in the spare little piece on the dash cluster panel (next to the dimmer switch) but wasn't sure it would pick up the sounds.

Also...where did you mount your GPS Antenna?

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:29 AM

The blue-tooth module works great. I have it connected to my avic-z3 and my mic is located right on top of the driver side on the left corner.

Others on the recieiving end can here me pretty good but once again its bluetooth.

The voice commands work great. With the Blue tooth module installed when you hit the voice command button on the screen it self it brings up a new menu and from there you just say what you want. For example, if you want to call someone, you say call, then it prompts you to say the number or locate the number/name from your phone book.

Also with the module installed, say if you were naving to a location and you want to call them to get more info, well with the module installed, you will hit the voice command and say tell it you want to call the locatione etc.

Overall i rank it as an very good investment.

My gps antenna is mounted on the back hood/truck outside of the car. From what i heard from the tech guys at pioneer, that its the best location to mount it there as sats are able to pic it up.

If you are concern of the antenna being jacked, then you can also mount it inside your car on the driver side on the corner of the window.

Hope this helps you out.
Best
Old 07-07-2008, 07:42 AM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by playtoy
The blue-tooth module works great. I have it connected to my avic-z3 and my mic is located right on top of the driver side on the left corner.

Others on the recieiving end can here me pretty good but once again its bluetooth.

The voice commands work great. With the Blue tooth module installed when you hit the voice command button on the screen it self it brings up a new menu and from there you just say what you want. For example, if you want to call someone, you say call, then it prompts you to say the number or locate the number/name from your phone book.

Also with the module installed, say if you were naving to a location and you want to call them to get more info, well with the module installed, you will hit the voice command and say tell it you want to call the locatione etc.

Overall i rank it as an very good investment.

My gps antenna is mounted on the back hood/truck outside of the car. From what i heard from the tech guys at pioneer, that its the best location to mount it there as sats are able to pic it up.

If you are concern of the antenna being jacked, then you can also mount it inside your car on the driver side on the corner of the window.

Hope this helps you out.
Best
Hey man. Thanks.

I was thinking of mounting the mic in that spare dash thing like I said and mounting the antenna on the front dash and run the wire through the air vents down to the radio.

I'll have to play with it, but thanks for the suggestions.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by IlyaK
Hey man. Thanks.

I was thinking of mounting the mic in that spare dash thing like I said and mounting the antenna on the front dash and run the wire through the air vents down to the radio.

I'll have to play with it, but thanks for the suggestions.

No problem. best bet is what you said, PLAY with it.
Best of luck.