Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

picture in picture...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 04:10 PM

picture in picture...

how do u wire this up??? i want to wire it up to where i can change the channel of both picture with one remote...btw i have a sony...
Old 11-07-2001, 07:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

change the pecture of what, need more info.
Old 11-08-2001, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by maxima42
change the pecture of what, need more info.
i'm talking about my 36 inch sony tv....i got it from my folks...it has picture in picture...how do i wire up the tv so i can watch two different channels at once...
Old 11-09-2001, 07:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

there should be a button on the remote to get to PIP, then i believe you need to go into the setup feature on the tv, and slect pip channels.
Old 11-09-2001, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by maxima42
there should be a button on the remote to get to PIP, then i believe you need to go into the setup feature on the tv, and slect pip channels.
Yes, my 36" Sony YV hass a button for PIP. Press once it pops up a big second channel picture, press it again, the second picture shrinks a little, press one more time it's gone. It rotates like that.
There is another buttom to swap the two pictures back and forth. It's relatively easy to figure out how it works, even without manual.
Old 11-09-2001, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by jiaxima96

Yes, my 36" Sony YV hass a button for PIP. Press once it pops up a big second channel picture, press it again, the second picture shrinks a little, press one more time it's gone. It rotates like that.
There is another buttom to swap the two pictures back and forth. It's relatively easy to figure out how it works, even without manual.
i'm not asking as to how to get the picture in picture to appear...i'm asking how do u wire it up to where u can watch two different channels on each picture...i have tried all the menu options and was unable to get it to work...when i change one channel the other picture change along with it...
Old 11-09-2001, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by Yellowbrother

i'm not asking as to how to get the picture in picture to appear...i'm asking how do u wire it up to where u can watch two different channels on each picture...i have tried all the menu options and was unable to get it to work...when i change one channel the other picture change along with it...
When I press the channel buttom, it only changes the main picture, and the small picture stays the same. If I swap the two, then the previous samll picture becomes the main one and will change channel as I press the channel buttom. The previous main pic becomes small pic that stays on the same channel.
I never "wired" the TV, just plug the AC power and the antenna to it.
Old 11-10-2001, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by jiaxima96

When I press the channel buttom, it only changes the main picture, and the small picture stays the same. If I swap the two, then the previous samll picture becomes the main one and will change channel as I press the channel buttom. The previous main pic becomes small pic that stays on the same channel.
I never "wired" the TV, just plug the AC power and the antenna to it.
hmm...that's odd...when i change one screen the other change along with it....
Old 11-13-2001, 05:36 PM

LOL, this is kinda funny...

I have PIP on a 36" digital Mitsubishi TV and it has a little up/down arrows for adjusting the channel on the PIP. They would never make a TV that you would have to specially wire to get it to work. Read your manual, and if you don't have one poke around on the remote...If all else fails find that TV at best buy or wherever and have them show you how to do it.

PJ
Old 11-13-2001, 08:20 PM

Re: LOL, this is kinda funny...

hmmm....

Originally posted by speednsound007
I have PIP on a 36" digital Mitsubishi TV and it has a little up/down arrows for adjusting the channel on the PIP. They would never make a TV that you would have to specially wire to get it to work. Read your manual, and if you don't have one poke around on the remote...If all else fails find that TV at best buy or wherever and have them show you how to do it.

PJ
Old 11-14-2001, 05:33 AM

i am not sure about the sony, but i have a toshiba. You need to select a SOURCE for the picture in picture. First of all do you have more than one line in, in the back of your TV. Usually labeled Video1 video2 and TV/cable. So the main screen is running from the cable source, but when you PIP it wont be able to take another channel from the same source. This does depend on if your TV has 2 tuners, in which case you can do this. If not you need to have the second source be from your VCR or something. With mine, i have to change the main screen with the TV remote and switch over to the VCR remote to change the PIP channel. If you arent confused now, read your manual. hoped it helped
Old 11-14-2001, 10:32 AM
creativeusernam

You are going to need to determine whether or not you have pip or 2 tuner pip. It sounds as though you have basic pip. This means that you will need anotheer source to get pip. Such as a vcr or dvd player. You can run another cable line through your vcr and change the channels on the vcr to do what you are talking about. The other type of pip is 2 tuner pip this means the tv actually has 2 tuners and you can change the channels on both pictures from the remote. either way you are going to need a splitter. Any major retailer is going to have a kit for you that has all the instructions and necesary hardware. best of luck

Old 11-14-2001, 03:36 PM

this last two post seem to be leading somewhere....gotta check it out...