Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

a few electircal questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 03:48 PM

a few electircal questions

1) my interior lights dont come on...the lights in the door, and the 2 dome lights...but all my dash lights and mirror lights work...is it a fuse? which one?

2) i'm tryna hook up my system. i'm planning on relocating the battery to the trunk if its possible. and if i do, would i need to ground the amp or hook it straight to the battery? and if i cant, whats the best place to ground my amp?

3) is it possible to hook up foglights to a switch i put in the coin holder slot?

4) is it possible to make all 4 windows one touch buttons to make the windows go all the way down from all four switches?

thanks for the help
Old 12-12-2001, 10:34 PM

you dont have to answer all the questions...just 1 is fine

or should i rephase my post title?
Old 12-13-2001, 09:46 PM
jmax

1) Open fuse box. Pull all fuses, one at a time. If you find one that's blown, that's the one!

2) Biggest problem with this is that the alternator normally charges the battery from a short distance. Stock 4th gen uses about a 6 gauge positive and negative cable to charge the battery from the alternator. If you put the battery in the trunk you need to run cable capable of handling 120 amps for the entire distance from the alternator to the battery terminal. Ground the amp to the point where you ground the battery.

3) Yes.

4) If it can be done with one then it obviously can be done with all. But I don't know of any simple aftermarket products to do this. You may have to do some electronics research to find what you need.