Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Has Anyone Used/Heard of Fusion Electronics Speakers???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:52 AM

Has Anyone Used/Heard of Fusion Electronics Speakers???

When I bought my new receiver (Pioneer DEH-4200UB) @ Fry's Electronics last weekend, I saw & bought a pair of Fusion Encounter 5x7" 2-Way Speakers (EN-FR5720) by Fusion Electronics. I had never heard of the brand, but figured that for $21 I could take a chance (HELL! I'll spend that much on parking and door fee @ my favorite adult entertainment before getting a table dance!!!). Unfortunately, my rear deck needs 6 1/2" speakers, so I'll need to do some cutting. From what I was told @ the store, they are new to the store (as they were still setting up the endcap) and new to the States (I think they are out of Australia or New Zealand). Has anyone else heard of them or had any experience with them?

http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/australia/car-audio-1/speakers-5/enfr5720-16-product.aspx#addninfo
Old 08-19-2010, 09:04 PM

they have been out for awhile now...so they're not NEW new...

why not just return them and get the right sized speaker so you don't have to cut the rear deck?

they sound ok, not a bad upgrade from a stock system if you're on a budget.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:08 PM

From another forums

"Round Speakers VS Oval Speakers
The subject goes as follows: A 5.25" speaker can fit in a stock 5x7" location, and a 6"-6.5" speaker can fit in a stock 6x9" location. So which should you use? It's quite simple. A round speaker is more likely to have weight evenly distributed against the Voice Coil and VC Former. This means that you can achieve clearer sound with a round speaker that with an oval speaker. On the flipside, an oval speaker will obviously have more cone area. With the same excursion as the round speaker, the larger oval cone produces more sound. An oval speaker is capable of getting louder and usually producing more mibbass than a round speaker."
Old 08-20-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by AscendantMax
they have been out for awhile now...so they're not NEW new...

why not just return them and get the right sized speaker so you don't have to cut the rear deck?

they sound ok, not a bad upgrade from a stock system if you're on a budget.
Because I only paid $20 for them, which was less than half price. I figure that for $20 + change they will get used one way or another. I may still get 2 sets of 6 1/2 (for front & back). I'm considering either the PIONEER TS-A1673R 3-Way Speakers or the Polk Audio DB651 2-Way Car Speakers. I don't need a lot of bass, just enough to feel in my chest when the song has it, while still enjoying all of the other layers of the music when I'm listening to jazz or a good solo.

Originally Posted by Car Addict
From another forums

"Round Speakers VS Oval Speakers
The subject goes as follows: A 5.25" speaker can fit in a stock 5x7" location, and a 6"-6.5" speaker can fit in a stock 6x9" location. So which should you use? It's quite simple. A round speaker is more likely to have weight evenly distributed against the Voice Coil and VC Former. This means that you can achieve clearer sound with a round speaker that with an oval speaker. On the flipside, an oval speaker will obviously have more cone area. With the same excursion as the round speaker, the larger oval cone produces more sound. An oval speaker is capable of getting louder and usually producing more mibbass than a round speaker."
Thanks!!!

Last edited by Sirrah; 08-20-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:44 PM

you won't feel any bass in your chest with your current audio plans. IMO, you'll need a dedicated subwoofer driven by a good amp if you want to feel any sort of bass 'in your chest'.

not that you wont get any bass from some 6.5" coaxials...but your doors will need some deadening work to let them perform at their best.