Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Battery dead again.... Why am i not surprised.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:52 PM

Battery dead again.... Why am i not surprised.

Ok so i decided to purchase a double din (clarion vx400 with 70 7551 harness) and do the install myself. I grounded all wires and connected all harness wires correctly. Turned out that 2 days later the battery was dead. So i got it jump started hoping i was just messing with the stereo when the car wasnt fully on. Turned out 2 days later (today) the battery was dead again in the morning..... This is the aggravating part. So after I got home from class, I immediately ripped out the Clarion and put the bose back (thought i would deal with it later because it is finals week and I didnt want to deal with it) Turns out about an hour ago i had to go to borders to pick something up, IT WOULDNT F*CKING START AGAIN!!!!!

I have no idea what it is now. The battery is relatively new (got about a month ago) and I was hoping i just messed up some wiring and that was why it was going out (yeahh i love how I was hoping for that... HA)
I really need to get this resolved as fast as possible. ANY insight??
Old 12-15-2010, 08:17 PM
No more Maximas...

Have you triple-checked all of the wiring you touched?

Have you done a parasitic drain test yet? If not, do so.

Google for a how-to.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 PM

Ill do the test tomorrow morning but as far as the system goes, I put the bose back in the dash and just plug and play.

I had a problem like 2 months ago where there was a battery drain somewhere which kept depleting the battery charge every week or so. It ended up being that the passenger power seat was jammed and was "always on" so it was constantly drawing power.
This only occured after the stereo installation but it is really aggravating that it happened even after the bose HU was put back in. One of the worst times for this to happen considering its finals week...