Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

School me on emanage

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 02:35 PM

School me on emanage

Looking into tuning options for later down the road. I have never used emanage before. I know the blue is a standalone.
Is there any place I can download the software and a map to play around to get a feel for the GUI?
What can be adjusted? I'm looking at this instead of the safc because the safc has the secondary affect with timing.
What are you limited to on the emanage? Can you adjust timing/fuel and afr? Say I want to run the car at 15.3 aft instead of 14.7afr at certain loads, can I do that?
Any NA guys use it or is it all turbo/SC people?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:06 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...ng-thread.html

Theres some good info in there not sure if its what your looking for but it gives some info about what the EU does etc.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 AM

Not bad. Looks promising. Anyone NA got some good results with it?
I know a member here sells a harness, but can't remember who. Or does anyone know how many wires to solder it up?

Also, these are universal right? One from a honda will work on a nissan I assume?

Last edited by Gamble; 01-28-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gamble
Not bad. Looks promising. Anyone NA got some good results with it?
I know a member here sells a harness, but can't remember who. Or does anyone know how many wires to solder it up?

Also, these are universal right? One from a honda will work on a nissan I assume?
They are universal. I think someone on the org sells a harness for the eu but not sure if anyone sells one for the eb. If you are good with wiring and soldering it isn't too tough to do if you can get the harness out far enough to work on it.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:52 AM

Someone told me you can't log with the blue. Is that correct?
Old 01-29-2011, 10:33 AM

Someone told me you can't log with the blue. Is that correct?
That is incorrect.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:15 AM

Looking into tuning options for later down the road. I have never used emanage before. I know the blue is a standalone.
Is there any place I can download the software and a map to play around to get a feel for the GUI?
What can be adjusted? I'm looking at this instead of the safc because the safc has the secondary affect with timing.
What are you limited to on the emanage? Can you adjust timing/fuel and afr? Say I want to run the car at 15.3 aft instead of 14.7afr at certain loads, can I do that?
Any NA guys use it or is it all turbo/SC people?
First of all EB is NOT a stand alone its a piggyback.

I know with the blue you can adjust a\f and datalog it as well(depending on the wideband you get) There is a Download somewere but i dont recall where to get it. Ask monclef im sure he can point you into the right direction. From my experince with the EU, the gui is a very easy interface. Dandymax's write up for the EU will help alot as well. Granted its for the EU the EB uses the same interface. Also from my personal experinces the EU,EB is just a apexi on crack. And IMHO is better then anything apexi has to offer.

Originally Posted by azdevils013
They are universal. I think someone on the org sells a harness for the eu but not sure if anyone sells one for the eb. If you are good with wiring and soldering it isn't too tough to do if you can get the harness out far enough to work on it.
If one is selling a harness it is going to be universal to almost anything that can be ran on a maxima ECU, basically what it is is the connector from the ecu soldered into the pigtail going into the ECU. So basically it can be wired out of the car then put into the car for ease of install(vs spicing into factory wiring)

In all honesty this is in the wrong section and needs to be moved for better input. Yes i understand its electronics but this is a device for the engine.....