Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Pathfinder deck with aftermarket everything else help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 07:00 PM

Pathfinder deck with aftermarket everything else help.

I have a question about a setup that I am planning. My current setup is a pathfinder bose deck with stock speakers. I added a aftermarket small amp and sub. The rear speakers are disconnected and the rear unamplified signal is going to a line driver then to the amp. A line driver is needed as the signal is too low from the deck.

I planning have 4 new speakers 2 amps and 2 subs that I want installed but using the stock deck. I also have 2 line drivers. I really want to use the stock deck as I love it.

I want to have 2 line drivers, one from the front speaker signals and another for the rear speakers and subs. The subwoofer has a remote wire that can be controlled from the front of the car so that isn't an issue. I will split the output signal of the rear line driver and use it for the rear and sub signal.

Will this setup work? I'm aware that it would be easier to just change the deck to one that has 6 rca outs but as I said earlier. I like my current deck.