Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

low/no sound on left door

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 09:53 PM

low/no sound on left door

i've always been getting sketchy sound out of my left door (4th gen w/ bose) on some days it works perfectly fine and on other days there's no sound coming from the door at all (speaker and tweeter). i did switch out the head unit and harness, but the wires are soldered so i'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the cause of it

anyways, how do i check what the problem is/how can i fix it? if a replacement is needed is it even possible to get just the left door? (yes i know the system is old and it could use an update but i'd rather just live with it and drive with my windows down/never notice it if the only option was a full replacement)

Last edited by Perseus; 10-18-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:10 AM

Having this issue on the pass side. Gonna change out the Bose amp and see if that fixes it.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by mightyMax95
Having this issue on the pass side. Gonna change out the Bose amp and see if that fixes it.
eh it worked today. it has worked on and off in the past but i thought that was just my imagination, though i know for sure it was working today
Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 PM

I would take the door panel out and look in there for cold soldering or something. Maybe with age some connection got loose. I mean, you know how the head unit has those problems, right? I'm thinking it is a similar issue
Old 10-18-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by djipka
I would take the door panel out and look in there for cold soldering or something. Maybe with age some connection got loose. I mean, you know how the head unit has those problems, right? I'm thinking it is a similar issue
i switched the head unit cause i wanted aux, not cause of any problems lol. i can't say if the speaker had an issue before the change since i didn't play music until the head unit replacement
Old 10-19-2011, 09:55 PM

hard to say in this case. Did you try what I suggested?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by djipka
hard to say in this case. Did you try what I suggested?
not yet. i'm busy with school and i don't really want to take a shot in the dark until i have more time on my hands. i guess for now i'm just trying to see if anyone else has had this happen since i can't troubleshoot yet
Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 PM

if things go well my day may be free tomorrow...so if anyone has any suggestions on what to do please post them with details

and how do i pop the door panel off/put it back on? if i do this i have to make sure i know my way around before i even start
Old 11-18-2011, 08:25 PM

skipped school today so i could get a solid weekend on the max. nothing looks out of the ordinary on the door. tried playing some music and i could feel the speakers going but i couldn't hear them. if i adjust the balance to left all the way i can only hear the rear speaker. if the balance is centered it's pretty distinct that the only front sound is coming from the passenger door