Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

My lcd antenna's suck....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 05:00 PM

My lcd antenna's suck....

I have two diversified antennas that came with my mobil electronics lcd unit and they basically suck... My reception is pretty bad... My question is, Is there any other of higher powered antenna I can buy prefferably wireless.. Also the sound coming through my radio, I mean the unit came with a built in fm modulator so i can get the sound through the radio speakers, however it is pretty bad also i get alot of static/engine noise especially when driving.. Can anyone help me... thx
Old 12-30-2001, 06:21 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Re: My lcd antenna's suck....

Originally posted by fdxsiboy
I have two diversified antennas that came with my mobil electronics lcd unit and they basically suck... My reception is pretty bad... My question is, Is there any other of higher powered antenna I can buy prefferably wireless.. Also the sound coming through my radio, I mean the unit came with a built in fm modulator so i can get the sound through the radio speakers, however it is pretty bad also i get alot of static/engine noise especially when driving.. Can anyone help me... thx
Who installed it? If you are getting engine noise it wasn't installed properly. Getting UHF/VHF type TV reception in most cases will be impossible. Wait until next year when DirecTV will be available for autos. Use a VCR or DVD to watch movies in the meantime. Have your monitor rewired.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:38 PM

I installed it myself... I mean its not difficult to install I did check all the wiring again also and couldn't find anything wrong... I know they have different types of antenna's I was wondering where i can get one at..

Again I mean the installation you say it's probably wrong what could be wrong? Its wasn't rocket science. Thanks for helping out...
Old 12-30-2001, 08:14 PM

sound slike a possible bad ground. Did you use the ground off the main stereo harness? id reccomend the steering columnfor a ground.
Old 12-30-2001, 08:26 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i think "RidinOnChrome" is getting the same problem with his unit. But i think he mentioned it could be due to the World Trade Center, cus we are in NYC.

ny96max, Happy birthday!

Old 12-30-2001, 09:05 PM

Really you think it might be the ground wire?? hmm
Old 12-30-2001, 09:08 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Really you think it might be the ground wire?? hmm
Shorten your ground and relocate it somewhere else to see if it goes away...
Old 12-31-2001, 08:42 AM

I will give that a shot... If i do that do you think it will improve the signal as well as the sound??
Old 12-31-2001, 08:53 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I will give that a shot... If i do that do you think it will improve the signal as well as the sound??
I may improve the sound but for the signal reception, try relocating your antennas and make sure they are far apart on the inside part of your window.
Old 01-03-2002, 02:19 AM

Re: My lcd antenna's suck....

damn, where are you located? it sounds like the EXACT same problem i'm having w/ engine noise which happens only when i'm driving or pressing the accelerator. tv reception is o.k. when i'm parked. i watch vcr thru the fm modulator, but when i drive, the engine noise can be irritating as hell. can u give me ur e-mail addy to see if what u try workks?

kafene.
kafene@mac.com
Old 01-03-2002, 02:28 PM

Re: Re: My lcd antenna's suck....

I just sent you a private message...

Originally posted by kafene

damn, where are you located? it sounds like the EXACT same problem i'm having w/ engine noise which happens only when i'm driving or pressing the accelerator. tv reception is o.k. when i'm parked. i watch vcr thru the fm modulator, but when i drive, the engine noise can be irritating as hell. can u give me ur e-mail addy to see if what u try workks?

kafene.
kafene@mac.com
Old 01-04-2002, 09:41 PM

go to your local auto performance shop and have the antenna integrated into your rear windshield, its just like a bunch of wires that match the color of the defroster wires