Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

looking for audio install help (NH)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looking for audio install help (NH)

I was planning on rewiring my entire system. I want to run all new speaker wire. I initially just jacked into the wiring harness in the trunk and threw an amp in and called it a day. I'm ready to do it the right way now.

How much would a car audio shop charge to run new wires and install an amp?

Is it easy enough to do it right myself?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:45 AM

An audio shop would more than likely charge you by the hour. And to tell you the truth I personally think it would be a big giant PITA! Just due to the fact that all factory wiring is loomed and in that plastic stuff... You would just have to rip everything out pertaining to your audio system and start from scratch, which would probably be a better idea "IMHO"
Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I already replace the head unit and front speakers and I have power and remote for a sub in the trunk. All I need is new speaker wires.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:38 PM

Well thats not too bad then, Fronts are easy as pie... its the rear doors that are a PITA, only because they branch off of the tailights.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

radio harness question

I'm new here. i just purchased a 04 and when replacing the factory stereo my son pulled the main harness apart unhooking it. I got it back together but there were 4 wires I was exactle sure what they were. i know they are speakers just not sure of which. they are Brown with gray dots, black with gray dots, yellow with gray dots, and lite yellow with gray dots. if anyone knows what they are I would appreciate the info.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:06 PM

More than likely those four wires that he pulled apart were either the info center control... or the steering wheel audio control. Best answer is the sterring wheel controls, which are pretty useless unless you have the adapter for them anyways.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

They were definitely speakers. The installation kit I have shows 4 speaker wires in that mix. I looked on different websites and found what the brown and black wires were. But never found out what the dark yellow and light yellow were. I also thought it was wierd that they would put yellow speaker wires in there when they have a yellow power wire. Thanks for your reply. The control wires are in a separate harness.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:47 AM

4 ch amp? Probably no more than $150 if you bring your own kit.

Definitely a DIY job if you have the patience. First multi-chan amp I installed took me 2 hours (with the help of Crutchfield amazing tech support).
Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi All,
I am a new user in to this forum..and its not allowing me to post a new thred.im from INDIA and i have bought a bose amplifier,speakers and a sub woofer from USA and got delivered.But im trying to understand various wires coming out of amplifier.Can some one help me please to guide me what wire goes to which devise..i can send the closeup pics of the wires if any could guide me with the mail id. Will be very much thankful if some one replies me and helps me as this system is not understood by anyone in india..thanks..Below is the ebay link of the set i bought..can send the closup pics if required..My id is pradeep.veginati@gmail.com.Kindly Help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bose-6-Piece...81030736972%26