Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

where to send a kicker sub to get fixed???

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 01:12 PM

where to send a kicker sub to get fixed???

one of my kicker L7's shorted out the other day. ive emailed them about the problem but havent gotten a response yet. do any of u guys know the address i should send the subs to to get replaced??? its under the kicker one year warranty so i can get it replaced for free.

another question...would an equalizer or a crossover fix this problem so it never happens again???
Old 01-01-2002, 02:12 PM

Re: where to send a kicker sub to get fixed???

Originally posted by khrfadz
one of my kicker L7's shorted out the other day. ive emailed them about the problem but havent gotten a response yet. do any of u guys know the address i should send the subs to to get replaced??? its under the kicker one year warranty so i can get it replaced for free.

another question...would an equalizer or a crossover fix this problem so it never happens again???
you got to sends it to kicker i would say call a stereo shop for the phone number.

blown speakers usaually come from over driveing the speakers. or you are wiring the speakers wrong.
Old 01-01-2002, 03:01 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Re: where to send a kicker sub to get fixed???

If you bought them from a "legit" Kicker dealer it's an over the counter exchange warranty within the first year. If you didn't, you might as well buy another sub....
Old 01-01-2002, 05:48 PM

Re: Re: where to send a kicker sub to get fixed???

Originally posted by maximadave
If you bought them from a "legit" Kicker dealer it's an over the counter exchange warranty within the first year. If you didn't, you might as well buy another sub....
i bought it from a legit kicker dealer....i just cant find the address to send it to. i cant find it on the website.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:42 AM
STFU n00b!

If you bought it from a legit dealer, then you should contact them and see what they want you to do with it. exchange shouldn't be a problem, but you have to contact them before you just send them a box with a blown sub and expect a response.

(one more reason NOT to buy online. you actually get customer service when you buy locally)
Old 01-02-2002, 10:51 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Re: Re: Re: where to send a kicker sub to get fixed???

i bought it from a legit kicker dealer....i just cant find the address to send it to. i cant find it on the website.
Call Kicker then. They will refer you to a local authorized dealer so they can ship it out to get fixed or replace it over the counter.
Old 01-02-2002, 02:10 PM

Re: Re: where to send a kicker sub to get fixed???

Originally posted by maximadave
Is that so? I just bought 2 l7's today and the sales lady said they no longer do exchanges and that I would have to contact kicker for replacements. This place is a authorized dealer according to kickers website.
Old 01-02-2002, 04:22 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Re: Re: Re: where to send a kicker sub to get fixed???

Originally posted by jim90gxe

Is that so? I just bought 2 l7's today and the sales lady said they no longer do exchanges and that I would have to contact kicker for replacements. This place is a authorized dealer according to kickers website.
With speakers vendors I deal with everyday, Alpine, Kenwood, Eclipse, Boston, etc. their factory warranty is 1 year over the counter exchange. I would call Kicker and ask them what their warranty entails. I don't carry Kicker so I don't know what their warranty is about. Next time ask about their warranty on exchanging merchandise. Whats the name of the place? Are they a Mom and Pop shop?