Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Flip out TV or flush mount in dash??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 07:31 PM

Flip out TV or flush mount in dash??

i just wanted to see what everyone else thinks of either a flush mount TV or a flip out screen.
BTW: i will be buying either a 6.4" Clarion(flush mounted) or 7" flip out screen.
all opinions welcome!

Anthony
Old 01-02-2002, 08:14 PM

Re: Flip out TV or flush mount in dash??

Originally posted by ny96max
i just wanted to see what everyone else thinks of either a flush mount TV or a flip out screen.
BTW: i will be buying either a 6.4" Clarion(flush mounted) or 7" flip out screen.
all opinions welcome!

Anthony
which 7" flip out screen u talkin bout??? im looking for one thats like around 7-8"
Old 01-03-2002, 12:51 PM

Re: Re: Flip out TV or flush mount in dash??

Originally posted by khrfadz

which 7" flip out screen u talkin bout??? im looking for one thats like around 7-8"
i would go with a flip out screen. but if ur going to go with the clarion they suck. theres no cd player and u have to buy an extra wire to ad a vcr or video game. plus theres no tv tuner. i would go with the panasonic with dvd. its fully motorized and plays mp3s i think. i have the clarion and i went ahead and put the kenwood touchscreen in now i have two tvs fliping out the dash.
Old 01-03-2002, 01:36 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

whatever is cheaper

I'll probably go for one eventually, but have it mounted on the dash, near the A/C vents, so i can remove it as a please..
Old 01-03-2002, 02:31 PM

Mine is in my dash I attached it with velcro the industrial type it was alot of work and it took alot of time to plan since I had to make a bracket but its well worth it and since it fits perfectly from top to bottom, it does not vibrate or move at all...

I love the fact that i can remove it whenever i park somewhere and nobody can tell i ever had a tv in that spot....
Old 01-03-2002, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by fdxsiboy
Mine is in my dash I attached it with velcro the industrial type it was alot of work and it took alot of time to plan since I had to make a bracket but its well worth it and since it fits perfectly from top to bottom, it does not vibrate or move at all...

I love the fact that i can remove it whenever i park somewhere and nobody can tell i ever had a tv in that spot....
Pics please!!

i planned on using an old bose headunit to cover up the flush mounted screen when i leave my car. Plus my Premier 930 is detachable so it will look totally stock when i have everything covered up.

still not sure though, lol
Old 01-03-2002, 08:16 PM

**** I really don't have pics right now I can tell you everything I used and where I got it from one good place by the way that has several things you may need is www.selectproducts.com

I will definitely try and post some pics for you I will be developing a roll soon... But feel free to ask away if you have questions.. Again it takes a little planning but once you finish it its a great feeling..

At first I didn't think the velcro idea would work but damn now i'm so glad i did it.....

Pics please!!

i planned on using an old bose headunit to cover up the flush mounted screen when i leave my car. Plus my Premier 930 is detachable so it will look totally stock when i have everything covered up.

still not sure though, lol
Old 01-04-2002, 08:09 AM

anyone try to install a small screen in the sunglass holder (flip down)? That would be clean look, but small screen. Maybe second to a larger flip down for the rear.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:35 PM

I wish I had a flip down sunglass holder in my Si...
But I must say though I impressed myself with the way my lcd turned out I had to do a custom job but it looks pretty good.. And not to mention I can remove it in a snap...
Old 01-04-2002, 07:55 PM

I have a client that sells "Tview" mobile screens. Any one know the quality of these?
Old 01-04-2002, 09:38 PM

THE alpine headunit is real kool!!! - its a flip out type
Old 01-05-2002, 01:18 AM

yeyeyye.. in dash baby..

Old 01-05-2002, 07:04 AM

I wish I had a flip down sunglass holder in my Si...
But I must say though I impressed myself with the way my lcd turned out I had to do a custom job but it looks pretty good.. And not to mention I can remove it in a snap...
Fdxiboy..........why do u keep on bringing up Si's?!!.......this is a maxima site......not a civic one - honda tuning is the place for youday in
Old 01-05-2002, 07:21 AM

Originally posted by Brandon90gxe
yeyeyye.. in dash baby..

i love that look, its just small for me. I want atleast 6.4" ot maybe 7" if possible.

fdxsiboy my boy mike mounted his screen on his dash board with that velcro stuff too. Looks hott but id rather not see any wires if possible. Although i could run it out one of the A/C vents and tuck it away when im not using it

def post pics of you setup man. I have the $$ i just have to decided on what to do.
BTW: thanks!

Anthony
Old 01-05-2002, 08:56 AM

My man why are you acting like an ***... Did you read my profile? I don't think you did.. I don't know about this sight maxima.org but i'm a member of another sight mainly for si's and we don't discriminate we have a hell of alot of maxima owners that are members. So quit acting like a *****...

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe

Fdxiboy..........why do u keep on bringing up Si's?!!.......this is a maxima site......not a civic one - honda tuning is the place for youday in
Old 01-05-2002, 09:03 AM

ny96max If you can see wires on your friends system I don't think he may of done something right. In my lcd setup you cannot see any wire's at all.

It's basically going to boil down to whether you feel the need to safeguard your system or not, you see i live in philly and around here you can't have **** in view because they will take it. Thats why i did it.. But i'll definitely post pics to show you... Oh and my screen is a 5.6 inch thats about the maximum size i could of fit into my dash. Just make sure you know what the maximum size is your car can fit...

i love that look, its just small for me. I want atleast 6.4" ot maybe 7" if possible.

fdxsiboy my boy mike mounted his screen on his dash board with that velcro stuff too. Looks hott but id rather not see any wires if possible. Although i could run it out one of the A/C vents and tuck it away when im not using it

def post pics of you setup man. I have the $$ i just have to decided on what to do.
BTW: thanks!

Anthony
Old 01-05-2002, 09:09 AM

Hmm i've never heard of them... But hey if they have a warranty and the price is right why not try it...

Originally posted by ehughes
I have a client that sells "Tview" mobile screens. Any one know the quality of these?
Old 01-06-2002, 12:26 PM

Anthony
yea, im trying to find a bigger monitor.. its a little small for me too, only 5". trying to get a 6.4
Old 01-06-2002, 05:12 PM

ny96max If you can see wires on your friends system I don't think he may of done something right. In my lcd setup you cannot see any wire's at all.

It's basically going to boil down to whether you feel the need to safeguard your system or not, you see i live in philly and around here you can't have **** in view because they will take it. Thats why i did it.. But i'll definitely post pics to show you... Oh and my screen is a 5.6 inch thats about the maximum size i could of fit into my dash. Just make sure you know what the maximum size is your car can fit...

he actually drilled a hole in his dash right above the center vents and has the wire snaked through that hole!! no wires show at all, but i guess its a permenant install, lol
Old 01-06-2002, 09:39 PM
KCTYPHOON

you can buy a 7" screen and mount it behind the double din opening. when installed, the only thing u see is the screen, not the edges of the monitor.. personally, im leaning towards getting the flip out alpine and mount the dvd under it to take up the entire opening.. all you people should keep in mind that when you see these prices they dont include everyting you need. as far as i know the kenwood is the only complete kit..

Old 01-07-2002, 03:26 PM

Oh ok I understand... s h i t i need a digital camera bad... once i scan some pics i'll send them to you... By the way are you still deciding? Oh and are you planning on doing the whole install yourself?

he actually drilled a hole in his dash right above the center vents and has the wire snaked through that hole!! no wires show at all, but i guess its a permenant install, lol