Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

pioneer fold out tv/dvd/cd/ only $1300

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 09:42 PM

pioneer fold out tv/dvd/cd/ only $1300

ok i went to a flea market today and i saw the single din pioneer head unit wiht the motorized fold out screen with the buiolt in dvd/cd screen and whatever else usually comes in the package for only 1300....i swear if i had 1300 id go buy it tomorrow but thats damn cheap for that product....i could prob talk him down to 1000 if i really wanted to but i dont have that kind of money right now.....i almost hit the ground when i saw that price....it retails for like 2300 or so right??? obviously flea market prices are expected to be lower but i didnt think it was that low .....and i asked to see the actualy product to see if it was the saem one in the stores with all the features and it is so DAMN........
Old 01-06-2002, 05:16 PM

ill bet my MAXIMA its a re-furbed unit and was probably made here in the USA not in Japan where Pioneer ONLY manufactures its products.

goodluck though
Old 01-06-2002, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by ny96max
ill bet my MAXIMA its a re-furbed unit and was probably made here in the USA not in Japan where Pioneer ONLY manufactures its products.

goodluck though
are u saying that the unit they r selling is fake?
Old 01-06-2002, 08:50 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by hockeyghst

are u saying that the unit they r selling is fake?
Bro, you'd be suprised on the **** they sell at the swap meets and flea markets. Some stuff is legit but most of the stuff is knockoffs. Like for example: Rockford. At the swap meet its Rockwood. I have even seen Pioneer amps with a logo they used to have 20 years ago stamped on this amp that said "turbo power" .
I laughed my a$$ off when I saw it.
Old 01-06-2002, 09:28 PM
KCTYPHOON

http://www.mmxpress.com/ 1259..

Old 01-06-2002, 09:37 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by KCTYPHOON
http://www.mmxpress.com/ 1259..
warranty police
Old 01-06-2002, 09:47 PM
KCTYPHOON

Originally posted by maximadave
warranty police
well, any place your gonna buy it from other than an authorized dealer is not going to have a warranty from pioneer, but a warranty though that company.. probably about a year or so.. like i said in the other post.. i dotn think alot of people realize that after you spend the 1300 for the monitor, you still need to buy other things for it to work.. the modules for the pioneer are like 500-800, mabye more. and the antenna's are like another 100 just so u can pick up tv channels. the alpine 800 series flip out needs a module that goes for about 600, and then the tuner for the tv is anohter 600. if you want the dvd player its another 1000.. i know that the kenwood touch screen comes with everything you need.. its about 2000.. but it takes some real looking into to find out what else you need to buy 4 each one, and then decide what one you want..

Old 01-07-2002, 08:35 AM

well, any place your gonna buy it from other than an authorized dealer is not going to have a warranty from pioneer, but a warranty though that company.. probably about a year or so.. like i said in the other post.. i dotn think alot of people realize that after you spend the 1300 for the monitor, you still need to buy other things for it to work.. the modules for the pioneer are like 500-800, mabye more. and the antenna's are like another 100 just so u can pick up tv channels. the alpine 800 series flip out needs a module that goes for about 600, and then the tuner for the tv is anohter 600. if you want the dvd player its another 1000.. i know that the kenwood touch screen comes with everything you need.. its about 2000.. but it takes some real looking into to find out what else you need to buy 4 each one, and then decide what one you want..
the pioneer i saw had all the stuff u needed....dvd, antennas, modules...everything....

also it was not a fake brand it was a pioneer i took it out of the box and looked at it....it looks the same as the one i saw at best buy....im not saying that u gys r wrong i know that they sell off brands and fake **** liek that but a lot of the stuff they have is the exact u buy in the store....i bought a sony xplod from this place 2 years ago and my friend bout oen from crutchfield and it was teh samem one i got same feature and all that stuff...........finally i got rid of the xplod and went with pioneer....n e way...ii also saw solo berics there and rockford fosgate so they do sell alright brands but i agree they do sell off brand **** there.
Old 01-07-2002, 08:55 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

the pioneer i saw had all the stuff u needed....dvd, antennas, modules...everything....

also it was not a fake brand it was a pioneer i took it out of the box and looked at it....it looks the same as the one i saw at best buy....im not saying that u gys r wrong i know that they sell off brands and fake **** liek that but a lot of the stuff they have is the exact u buy in the store....i bought a sony xplod from this place 2 years ago and my friend bout oen from crutchfield and it was teh samem one i got same feature and all that stuff...........finally i got rid of the xplod and went with pioneer....n e way...ii also saw solo berics there and rockford fosgate so they do sell alright brands but i agree they do sell off brand **** there.
What would you do if the product fails? Pioneer won't fix it. You have to fork out money out of your pocket to send it back to Joe Blow's car stereo world (if they take it back) and who knows how long they would have it.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:16 AM

Old 01-07-2002, 10:10 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by ny96max
Old 01-07-2002, 12:07 PM

What would you do if the product fails? Pioneer won't fix it. You have to fork out money out of your pocket to send it back to Joe Blow's car stereo world (if they take it back) and who knows how long they would have it.
pioneer products come with a 1 year factory warranty.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:52 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

pioneer products come with a 1 year factory warranty.
If its bought from an authorized dealer. The internet site you are referring to is NOT an authorized dealer. Pioneer will not service it if something goes wrong with it. So your $1300.00 is thrown out the window.
Old 01-07-2002, 03:59 PM
KCTYPHOON

thats impossible.. i dont care what you saw.. you will not find the pioneer with everything for 1300..

Old 01-07-2002, 05:25 PM
Very sound, Mike

This is where using American Express's Blue card comes in to play. They double your warranty (up to five years) and if the dealer won't let you return your product then Amex will gladly take it off your hands.

If its bought from an authorized dealer. The internet site you are referring to is NOT an authorized dealer. Pioneer will not service it if something goes wrong with it. So your $1300.00 is thrown out the window.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:34 PM
KCTYPHOON

this is not entirely true. pioneer would not honor the factory warranty, but what ever site you bought it from would have their own waranty. for like 1 year. i dont know if thats a good or a bad thing. cause if you had to send it back to pioneer, count on not having your head unit for about 3 months..

Old 01-07-2002, 09:26 PM

this is not entirely true. pioneer would not honor the factory warranty, but what ever site you bought it from would have their own waranty. for like 1 year. i dont know if thats a good or a bad thing. cause if you had to send it back to pioneer, count on not having your head unit for about 3 months..
whoever thinks i saw this product on an internet site has the wrong idea...pioneer warrantys all their products for 1 year...it comes wiht a warranty letter inside the box....ive done it with the sony i bought from a flea market and the said my warranty was good when i called it into sony...so i got my cd player fixed.....i dont knwo why its hard to understand...but i could be worng...although i dont see how i could be wrong if i already did it once....once again this is not froma internet site.