Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Power windows problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Power windows problem

My car got broken into, ever since then the power windows do not roll down. But the power lock works. The hazards don't work nor does the signals. But the headlights work. The radio module was pulled out and stolen. I don't know if it's a wiring problem if something ripped when the radio, vents, and AC control unit was pulled out or something with the power window regulator when the thief jimmy my car. Help none of the mechanics I take the car to can fix this. It's a 96 maxima.

Last edited by Sayhello; 06-23-2014 at 12:01 AM. Reason: The year of car
Old 06-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Suspension Yoda

- Find better mechanics - or a body shop.
- Turn signals and hazards are connected. Is your hazard button still intact?
- What is the condition of your radio wiring?
- Have you checked your fuses or done ANY diagnosis at all?
Old 06-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Took it apart

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
- Find better mechanics - or a body shop.
- Turn signals and hazards are connected. Is your hazard button still intact?
- What is the condition of your radio wiring?
- Have you checked your fuses or done ANY diagnosis at all?
Originally Posted by Finkle
The Hazard switch has to be plugged in for the turn signals to work. Did they rip some of the wires out when they stole the head unit? There are a lot of wires back there, my guess is that some other circuits were cut or ripped by the thief. Can you be a little more descriptive as to the damage?
I took the dash apart (the vents, radio, and temperature control unit) and took a look at it. The wires seems intact so I didn't bother to mess around, the signals seems to be working fine as well as the horn.

This is where I need help-

I took the door panel off as well and started testing the window switch. I have a feeling the master switch was broken. I took a voltage checker And tested the harness only three things lit up, I'm guessing thats the power door lock the courtesy foot light and the trunk open switch (those three thing were the only ones working) non of the other wires were live. So I checked the fuse box and it was good. So is there a relay I should check? Or the wires coming from the fuse box to door harness there is an issue? So what do I do from here?