Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

help - PAC ROEM-NIS2 for aftermarket install but 1 problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 09:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

help - PAC ROEM-NIS2 for aftermarket install but 1 problem

Not sure if this is where I should ask this. If not, sorry.

I installed an aftermarket stereo into my 2002 Nissan. these cars have a funny amp/speaker setup (Bose) so you have to use this sspecial adapter (PAC ROEM-NIS2) in order to make an aftermarket deck work. Anyway, the install is great except for 1 problem. Right front Speaker is not working. Other than that, it sounds great. Does anybody know how to prove that the adapter is the problem. I have already proven that the stereo is successfully outputting a signal for each of the 4 speakers. I think the right front Speaker signal is getting lost when it goes through the PAC ROEM-NIS2. Just don't really know how to prove it because it is a strange little device. i really don't want to just send it back to seller without having some real proof that it is broken. I am no expert so maybe I just did something wrong? Any help would be great.

All speakers worked with factory deck. Also the right front wires on the new deck will successfully deliver sound to the left front speakers, if I spoof it and reverse left and right. The right front speakers will remain silent even with the left wires from the new deck. these 2 facts are what lead me to believe that it must be getting lost in the PAC ROEM-NIS2 somewhere.

Also, my dash is still disassembled, so the hazard lights, rear defrost, factory clock are all unhooked. This wouldn't be causing that speaker to not work would it? Sounds silly, but maybe it's just that strange of a sound system?

Last edited by package81; 01-25-2015 at 12:53 PM.