Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 12:59 AM

I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

I was to get the L7s but someone told me they weren't clean sounding. AHH!! I don't know what to get..I want really loud clean sounding bass. Rockford is out of the question. Help me out with this. What should I get??? I've been trying to find out for a really long time. WHat 2 12's?? I'm getting a class D amp also. I don't wanna spend all that money and not be happy with it. Thanks
Old 01-31-2002, 01:53 AM

I've been doing some readin'. The 12w7's sounds like what I should get when it hits the streets. That thing is a lot though. Would you get 1 or 2? Is anyone planning on getting them??
Old 01-31-2002, 05:21 PM

Get strokers... or for less... Vega124's. Cerwin Vega will not disappoint you! They are clear as crystal and loud as hell. I have two Vega124d4's and it is incredible. I don't know all that much about strokers... but they do hold a few world records... Good Luck!
Old 01-31-2002, 08:07 PM

check out ampmanaudio.com

take a look at the new Brahma series subs
Old 01-31-2002, 09:25 PM

Re: check out ampmanaudio.com

Originally posted by seven
take a look at the new Brahma series subs
I'm sure those subs are crazy loud..But the amp would cost a fortune to run them and I'm sure the bass isn't clean.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:51 PM

Re: Re: check out ampmanaudio.com

Originally posted by puremax

I'm sure those subs are crazy loud..But the amp would cost a fortune to run them and I'm sure the bass isn't clean.
I had 2 Orion DVC's being pushed by an Orion 250 HCCA and they were awesome. I had them in a competition car and hit hard and clean. I have them for sale if you're interested. Just my 2 cents. BTW, I've also had Kicker and they were pretty clean too.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:13 AM

I'm in the same boat.I'm not sure what to get I just blew the 2 12s I have now.I have heard the Alpine type s are supposed to be pretty clean.But I'm still shopping around.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:20 AM

Its' either W7's or L7's. Not sure which one. I heard L7's are loud but not clean.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:33 AM

L7's sound fine. If thats what you want get that. Forget what that guy told you he is a dumbass. W7 requires alot of enclosure space and power. Another option is the mbquart premium. they get loud and sound great.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by max'n out
L7's sound fine. If thats what you want get that. Forget what that guy told you he is a dumbass. W7 requires alot of enclosure space and power. Another option is the mbquart premium. they get loud and sound great.

I have a punch 500.2 what do use guys think L5 or JLAudio
Old 02-01-2002, 03:16 PM

the w7 requires very little enclosure space, but a 12" w-7 would be powered best with a jl 1000/1 which is very pricy even if you can get your hands on one. i would recomend to get JL 12" W-3's they are loud and clean especially with a Jl 500/1 amp pushing them. i have two 15" w-3's pushed by a PPI amp and i couldnt ask for anything more
Old 02-01-2002, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by cornaisp

the w7 requires very little enclosure space, but a 12" w-7 would be powered best with a jl 1000/1 which is very pricy even if you can get your hands on one. i would recomend to get JL 12" W-3's they are loud and clean especially with a Jl 500/1 amp pushing them. i have two 15" w-3's pushed by a PPI amp and i couldnt ask for anything more
I guess for the beast it is the 13" W7 doesn't need that big of an enclosure, but it does need a 1- 2.25 sealed enclosure, or a 1.5- 2.5 ported. So to me thats alot just for one sub. But yeah I guess since thats about the norm for 2 and it does the work of 2 easy it's not that big.
Both though would work best with about a 1000 watts.

I'd take a L7 over a W3, and a W3 over a L7, but I'd talke a quart premium over all of them.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:27 PM

I went to a stereo shop today in Frisco. They are the best in the city. I spent about 2 hours there. This guy who had a GS300 just got a JL W7 12". WOW and WOW again! Sounds so good! I'm not kiddin. He popped in a bass cd. Every alarm went off down the street. That thing is nuts, no joke. Sounds so clean too. I'm gettin that for sure! He has a phoenix gold Tantrum 1200 running it. I got some of my own cd's and played every song I had from all 3 cd's. I sat in the car for 15 mins just listening to how good it sounds. God damn! I was so impressed. He had it facing up behind plexi glass. It faced up and took over where the old sub is in the middle of the rear dash. I don't care what anyone says, you can't knock that sub! Sounded awesome outside of the car too!! I love it!!! This is a #1 Reccomendation for getting.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:38 PM

w7's

it is one hell of a speaker just a little on the pricey side but well worth it, i noticed your from half moon bay, you ever get the ***** to surf out there, i hear it gets pretty big around winter time, let us know how the 7 comes out
Old 02-02-2002, 12:02 AM

Re: w7's

Originally posted by cornaisp
it is one hell of a speaker just a little on the pricey side but well worth it, i noticed your from half moon bay, you ever get the ***** to surf out there, i hear it gets pretty big around winter time, let us know how the 7 comes out
Yeah, i used to surf. too cold though. Mavericks is like 6 miles away.
Old 02-02-2002, 04:16 AM
jmax

I'll tell you just how dirty and how loud they can go in three to five weeks when I build a test box for the one that's in the mail to my house now. If loud is unclean then the W7 must be half as dirty as the Bhrama, since the Xmax is nearly double.

Old 02-02-2002, 09:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: check out ampmanaudio.com

Originally posted by jmax

I'll tell you just how dirty and how loud they can go in three to five weeks when I build a test box for the one that's in the mail to my house now. If loud is unclean then the W7 must be half as dirty as the Bhrama, since the Xmax is nearly double.
I just heard it and it sounded good, that's all i know. I'm not sayin i'm a stereo king or anything. I jus know things by hearing them not by specs.
Old 02-02-2002, 09:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: check out ampmanaudio.com

Are u sayin the brahma is a better speaker??
Old 02-03-2002, 01:22 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: check out ampmanaudio.com

From what I have read, W7's are gonna be some of the best you can buy, but for many of us they are way out of our price range. I have a 1 12" Infinity Perfect with 425w going to it and I hit 134.2 db. My friend had an Orion HCCA 12" (in a 96 GXE) running 900w to it and only hit a 136. So with twice the power to a more expensive sub he hit 2 db higher then me. My Perfect sounded better then the Orion, but the Orion hit a little harder, with more power. The Perfect puts out clean, tight bass, I love it.
Old 02-03-2002, 08:09 PM
jmax

Re: Re: Re: Re: check out ampmanaudio.com

Are u sayin the brahma is a better speaker??
No. What I am saying is that a sub with greater SPL capability is not, I repeat not inherently going to distort more than a lesser sub. And, I will tell you just how low and how loud they will go, and if they can do it cleanly. In three to five weeks.

Although I won't be able to give an SPL measurement, I don't own a meter. I will give a comparison to Diamond Audio MacDaddy 12's, with the same amount of power.

Old 02-04-2002, 05:09 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: check out ampmanaudio.com

No. What I am saying is that a sub with greater SPL capability is not, I repeat not inherently going to distort more than a lesser sub. And, I will tell you just how low and how loud they will go, and if they can do it cleanly. In three to five weeks.

Although I won't be able to give an SPL measurement, I don't own a meter. I will give a comparison to Diamond Audio MacDaddy 12's, with the same amount of power.
You are the ((SprintMax)) of Stereo systems if you know what I mean.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:32 PM

man juss go w/ the L7's and run 2PPI 600w amps and i can almost promise you that you wont be sorry....my friends cousin has a bmw 323ci w/ 2-12" L7s and 2PPI 600x1 amps and he can basically literally shake the ground around him...last time he came to our school, i was at my locker, i would estimate 500-600ft easy and i could hear his bass hit CLEARLY...and when you get up next to the car juss forget it...hella xpensive yea...
atw
Old 02-04-2002, 07:25 PM
jmax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: check out ampmanaudio.com

You are the ((SprintMax)) of Stereo systems if you know what I mean.
Um, no. I don't know what you mean. Tell you what. You buy me three W7's and two more Brahma's. I'll give you side by side comparisons of the triplets in action.

Old 02-04-2002, 11:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: check out ampmanaudio.com

Um, no. I don't know what you mean. Tell you what. You buy me three W7's and two more Brahma's. I'll give you side by side comparisons of the triplets in action.
It means every post and thread there is you always have a good useful reply. No matter what you always reply.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:43 AM
jmax

nah, there are at least 10-15 posts on this forum that I was pretty sure my response would not be appreciated. So I didn't reply. Many don't like the correct response to Bose questions: Deposit Bose in nearest trash receptacle, get real stereo, problem solved.

Old 02-06-2002, 12:23 AM

nah, there are at least 10-15 posts on this forum that I was pretty sure my response would not be appreciated. So I didn't reply. Many don't like the correct response to Bose questions: Deposit Bose in nearest trash receptacle, get real stereo, problem solved.
I agree on the that. Bose is trash. Its blows out if you give it too much bass.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:49 AM

I agree on the that. Bose is trash. Its blows out if you give it too much bass.
IT's not even the bass. It just sucks it's even worse than the non bose option. For 1,000 for the bose option you can do so much good with aftermarket stuff.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:06 AM

Whats the best(clearest and loudest) system(subs/amps) I can get with $500?
Old 02-06-2002, 11:04 AM

why r they SO much money!!!!!! I WANT I WANT I WANT but can't afford...
Old 02-06-2002, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by MrBlank
Whats the best(clearest and loudest) system(subs/amps) I can get with $500?
It's dabatable. Go out and find what you like. So many factors. Go look for yourself and decide.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:15 PM
FJC

Re: I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

I was to get the L7s but someone told me they weren't clean sounding. AHH!! I don't know what to get..I want really loud clean sounding bass. Rockford is out of the question. Help me out with this. What should I get??? I've been trying to find out for a really long time. WHat 2 12's?? I'm getting a class D amp also. I don't wanna spend all that money and not be happy with it. Thanks
Rockford? Out of question?

Anyway, bass comes from YOUR ENCLOSURE!!!! You can have 2 15" Fosgate Power series hooked up to a Precision Power high end amp and have it sound like Pyramids and Pioneer without a good enclosure.

E-mail me and I'll go over Audio options. I am associated with a constant winner of IASCA comps
Old 02-09-2002, 09:17 PM

Re: Re: I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

Originally posted by FJC

I am associated with a constant winner of IASCA comps
Who is that????? And by what means are you associated?
Old 02-09-2002, 09:44 PM
FJC

Re: Re: Re: I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

Who is that????? And by what means are you associated?
This kid Jamie (friend of a friend) has a benz and works at a local audio shop. The s**t he uses is class "A" s**t. Eclipse & Fosgate, that's all....
Old 02-09-2002, 09:45 PM
FJC

Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

Originally posted by FJC

This kid Jamie (friend of a friend) has a benz and works at a local audio shop. The s**t he uses is class "A" s**t. Eclipse & Fosgate, that's all....
Oh, he won a few IASCA soundoffs. I think one SPL comp also.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

Originally posted by FJC

Jamie who? That has a benz?
Old 02-09-2002, 09:50 PM
FJC

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

Jamie who? That has a benz?
Where are you from?
Old 02-09-2002, 09:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

Originally posted by FJC

Where are you from?
I'm from PA, but I travel all around the contry and out to compete in Iasca. I wonder If i know of him or have ever seen him.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:58 PM
FJC

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

I'm from PA, but I travel all around the contry and out to compete in Iasca. I wonder If i know of him or have ever seen him.
Yeah, I honestly forget his last name but he works for a place in Saugus, MA. I used to go there a lot. The rockford reps leave the yearly van there to screw with. Nice nice with 6 15" punch powers .behind your head
Old 02-09-2002, 10:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!

Originally posted by FJC

Yeah, I honestly forget his last name but he works for a place in Saugus, MA. I used to go there a lot. The rockford reps leave the yearly van there to screw with. Nice nice with 6 15" punch powers .behind your head
I C
Old 02-10-2002, 10:09 PM

They are actually designed as a sound quality subwoofer that can get pretty darn loud...Never underestimate Adire's subwoofers. They make subwoofers mainly for home audio applications and are very critical of the SQ of their drivers...

Quick Reply: I can't figure out what to get 12's to get? HELP!!