Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

2010 maxima died while driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2010 maxima died while driving

So Friday,while waiting for the car wash my Maxima died, we jumped the car and was able to get back home. Got up Sat mornimg went got tint finished drove home, later that day drove to a friends house and on the way car died while driving. We pushed it to the hoise and decided to replace alternator. Took the original alternator to Autozone to test it and it passed x2. Could it possibly be that the Alternator was o its way out and not completely dead? I am,just lost at what else it may be.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The same thing happened to me, but before getting into taking the alternator off I had the battery tested at autozone. They told me I needed a new battery, luckily it was still under warranty so I got a new Duralast gold battery. Car started losing power while driving, it would not accelerate/respond to gas pedal. In addition, the abs light and battery light came on. Took it to autozone to test, and it was at 2%. I am now assuming it is the alternator, but could it be any other wiring issue not allowing my alternator to charge my battery? I have a 2011 Maxima S with no additional mods. Bought it in Jan of this year and now have 86k miles.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

same boat...

Originally Posted by jramos1274
The same thing happened to me, but before getting into taking the alternator off I had the battery tested at autozone. They told me I needed a new battery, luckily it was still under warranty so I got a new Duralast gold battery. Car started losing power while driving, it would not accelerate/respond to gas pedal. In addition, the abs light and battery light came on. Took it to autozone to test, and it was at 2%. I am now assuming it is the alternator, but could it be any other wiring issue not allowing my alternator to charge my battery? I have a 2011 Maxima S with no additional mods. Bought it in Jan of this year and now have 86k miles.
I think I'm in a similar boat friend. I have '14 Maxima SV, and it I lost all power on the way home last night. No response to pedal at all. I'm told this is called "Limp Mode." I pulled the battery and the side was swelled up on it, so I put a new one in it. Started perfect, but then 10 miles later, did the same thing. Couldn't even jump it. No accessories working or lights or anything. My guess is the alternator. Let me know how it goes for you. I'll be following this post.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Billie Compton
I think I'm in a similar boat friend. I have '14 Maxima SV, and it I lost all power on the way home last night. No response to pedal at all. I'm told this is called "Limp Mode." I pulled the battery and the side was swelled up on it, so I put a new one in it. Started perfect, but then 10 miles later, did the same thing. Couldn't even jump it. No accessories working or lights or anything. My guess is the alternator. Let me know how it goes for you. I'll be following this post.
Yup, it was the alternator. I've had dodge trucks and chevy camaros my whole life, so I did not realize how annoying it would be to take the alternator out. Had to remove cooling fan, ac compressor, and two idler pulleys to get the pos out and install the new one. But its been running a few weeks now with now issues other than my ac compressor clutch ain kickin on.. i probably dinged it when i let i fall.. so we will be back under there this weekend. I hope you got yours sorted out.