Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

RAAM matt for all Maxima Users

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 11:59 PM

RAAM matt for all Maxima Users

Hello, Maximas.

I would like to put this add on the Maxima forum.

My name is Mike and I work with Rick McAllum, the actual designer
of the RAAM matt, the sound deadening material.

We distribute this matt around USA, and sometimes other places.

The most updated prices are here:

The original Ramm matt (the equivalent to Extreme Dynamat) is
$69 per 50 sq feet. (comparing to Dynamat $240)

The new version of Ramm matt is 79 dollars per 50sq feet.
(was 99 dollars 2 months ago).

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to:
Mikesburn@hotmail.com
If you like to order matt, send e-mail to Rick at raam@raamaudio.com
He takes care of an actual shipping.
Thanx
Old 03-14-2002, 08:42 AM

I sent Mike an email requesting a 2"x2" sample. I have some experience with sound deadening materials. I have had a similar offer from another company and when they sent their sample it was crap; a sheet of sticky black rubber with no sound deadening properties.
Old 03-14-2002, 09:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

50 sq. ft.

Hey guys,

From your experience, how much area of my car would 50 sq. ft. of mat cover?

In other words...does 50 sq. ft. cover the trunk lid and floor, or the interior doors and cabin floor, or just the doors and trunk lid...?
Old 03-14-2002, 09:54 AM

Re: 50 sq. ft.

What is the best way to get at the cabin floor on a 5th gen? I'm tempted to just pull at the carpet, but if someone has pics or the page from the manual showing the correct places where the connections are, it would be much appreciated.

btw, these are the same as the ebay prices posted by the same person.

Originally posted by zeitgeist57
Hey guys,

In other words...does 50 sq. ft. cover the trunk lid and floor, or the interior doors and cabin floor, or just the doors and trunk lid...?
Old 03-14-2002, 09:57 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Someone please move this to the F/S or Audio forum...
Old 03-14-2002, 10:59 AM

Re: 50 sq. ft.

Originally posted by zeitgeist57
Hey guys,

One roll is enough for the trunk and front doors. (If one layer covered)
Old 03-14-2002, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by Lumbee799
I sent Mike an email requesting a 2"x2" sample. I have some experience with sound deadening materials. I have had a similar offer from another company and when they sent their sample it was crap; a sheet of sticky black rubber with no sound deadening properties.
I want to make sure I've got the right adress. Plese, send it to me again, coz couple of guys had already asked me about the sample.
Probably you're talking about Lowe's product, which they've sent you. It doesn't stick that good, and it's used for home aplications only.

BTW, what car is that on your picture???
Old 03-14-2002, 07:21 PM

That car is a G35
Old 03-14-2002, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by Alexis
That car is a G35
Ok, but what about the adress, I need to send the sample!
BTW, Alexis, are you a female driver?
Old 03-16-2002, 07:29 AM
jmax

Re: Re: 50 sq. ft.

Originally posted by Mikesburn

One roll is enough for the trunk and front doors. (If one layer covered)
One roll will cover one door, if applied liberally. I mean the way that some of us use damping material. Although the rear door don't need as much, I don't ride in back. So a roll could cover both of them. This is a much better price. What are the authorized forms of payment?

Old 03-16-2002, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Lumbee799
Could you let us know how the new generation of Raam Matt compares to the previous gen?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2002, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by Finality

Could you let us know how the new generation of Raam Matt compares to the previous gen?

Thanks
Finality, the new gen. Raam matt differes from the original one by being three times thicker, having some adition material (which is even a secret for me), only Rick knows what's there, and it's only more expensive by 10 bucks. (79 bucks per roll).
Old 03-16-2002, 08:49 PM

Re: Re: Re: 50 sq. ft.

Originally posted by jmax

One roll will cover one door, if applied liberally. I mean the way that some of us use damping material. Although the rear door don't need as much, I don't ride in back. So a roll could cover both of them. This is a much better price. What are the authorized forms of payment?
Yes, the prcie is pretty fair. Well, if you really decide to order just ask Rick to send you whatever amount of rolls and he'll tell you how he likes you to pay. His e-mail is raam@raamaudio.com
Make sure you tell hime you're from Maxima forum. This deal price is pretty much for forums only.
Old 03-17-2002, 10:00 AM

No I am not.

Ok, but what about the adress, I need to send the sample!
BTW, Alexis, are you a female driver?
Old 03-17-2002, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by Alexis
No I am not.

OOps, I'm sorry.
I just have a friend and her name is Alexis!
Old 03-17-2002, 10:15 PM

Finality, the new gen. Raam matt differes from the original one by being three times thicker, having some adition material (which is even a secret for me), only Rick knows what's there, and it's only more expensive by 10 bucks. (79 bucks per roll).
Sounds good How much do I need to cover the doors + trunk? I was debating doing the floor and roof as well but thats way too much work. I might do it when I redo my leather seats.
Old 03-18-2002, 12:07 AM
jmax

Funny, last time I checked 60 mils is 4/3 of 45 mils. Or 1.333, or 1 and a third. Not - three times as thick.

Finality, if you aren't really into the work, 1 roll is more than enough for a single layer on the front doors and trunk area.

Old 03-18-2002, 12:41 AM

I agree....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jmax
[B]Funny, last time I checked 60 mils is 4/3 of 45 mils. Or 1.333, or 1 and a third. Not - three times as thick.

I have to agree with you on this one jmax,,,this is an excerpt from an e-mail I received from Rick himself...

"The orginal mat is 12" by 50' so 50 sq ft and only $69 per roll. It is aluminum backed and alot like Dynamats best, Extreme only 1/5th the cost. My new version is 60 mils thick instead of 45 and is 15" wide so 62.5 sq ft and $99 per roll. There is a $5 per roll disount for ordering more than one roll at a time."

If original is 45 mils, and new is 60 mils, that means it is only about 30% thicker than original. Not 300% thicker as stated above in the thread. Sorry Mike,,,not tryin to rip, just tryin to help keep the facts straight...

Let me ask you Mike,,,,I saw over at SoundIllusions.com that Rick put on a special back in Feb.,,,,how bout a $20 price cut on the original for us low end users??? I would be quite interested in that....

Later,,,,,DMAN
Old 03-18-2002, 07:05 AM
jmax

Re: I agree....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DMAN11
[B]
Originally posted by jmax
Funny, last time I checked 60 mils is 4/3 of 45 mils. Or 1.333, or 1 and a third. Not - three times as thick.

I have to agree with you on this one jmax,,,this is an excerpt from an e-mail I received from Rick himself...

Let me ask you Mike,,,,I saw over at SoundIllusions.com that Rick put on a special back in Feb.,,,,how bout a $20 price cut on the original for us low end users??? I would be quite interested in that....

Later,,,,,DMAN
Don't think he can go that low. Rick is a distributor. He has to make a profit in order to be able to sell the product. The lowest I have seen him sell the original was $55, or something close to that.

Old 03-18-2002, 11:18 AM

Re: Re: I agree....

Hi, this is Mike.
Well the new version of Raam matt is about 2.5 or 3 times thicker then the original. I haven't measure it by myself, but that's what Rick is telling. Now don't forget that this new version is not 99 bucks but only 79 bucks for people on the forums (I don't know why you said "low end" guys!). Where did you get $99 price? It's for customers, lat's say, of the street. I take care of the whole Maxima site and I help Rick to distribute it. In my add I didn't give my adress, but I was advertizing it for Rick, so people call Richard. He made me big favour, I make him. He set the price, I put it in. The original costs 69 bucks. So it's better of course to buy the new one. The cost is so expensive today, that the margin is pretty low. We cannot go down then 69 for original. 55 bucks was a month ago, and it was the end of the sale.
Let me know if you have questions. Sorry for the harsh answer, did not mean it at all, but it's just my 25th e-mail to the Maxima users. A lot of guys have quetions about shipping.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: I agree....

Hi, this is Mike.
Well the new version of Raam matt is about 2.5 or 3 times thicker then the original. I haven't measure it by myself, but that's what Rick is telling. Now don't forget that this new version is not 99 bucks but only 79 bucks for people on the forums (I don't know why you said "low end" guys!). Where did you get $99 price? It's for customers, lat's say, of the street. I take care of the whole Maxima site and I help Rick to distribute it. In my add I didn't give my adress, but I was advertizing it for Rick, so people call Richard. He made me big favour, I make him. He set the price, I put it in. The original costs 69 bucks. So it's better of course to buy the new one. The cost is so expensive today, that the margin is pretty low. We cannot go down then 69 for original. 55 bucks was a month ago, and it was the end of the sale.
Let me know if you have questions. Sorry for the harsh answer, did not mean it at all, but it's just my 25th e-mail to the Maxima users. A lot of guys have quetions about shipping.

jmax:
I know Rick couldn't just give the stuff away, I agree that he has to make profit for it to be beneficial to him. But hey,,,we gotta try right??j/k Plus, when he sold it for that $55 that's even an awesome price. I wish I woulda been around for that, I woulda sure enough grabbed me some.

mike:
Easy big guy, I wasn't tryin to rag you about anything,,,I was just checkin. I was merely agreeing with jmax that the new stuff is not 2.5 to 3 times thicker. According to RICK, the original is 45mills and the new is 60mills thick. In my math, that's not 2.5 or 3 times thicker. It may somehow work out to be 2 or 3 times more effective, but 60 is NOT 2.5 or 3 times thicker than 45. As for the price, I got that from RICK as I stated in my post. I sent him an e-mail asking him about it, and he sent me that email with those prices. I said "low-end" meaning us guys who might not need competition results. Maybe for us guys with say only 1 10" sub(like me),,,as opposed to other guys with like 3 10's or 12's across thier rear deck. I am just looking to soak up a few rattles here and there,,,,that's what I mean by "low-end users". As for the prices,,,they are cool, and I will probably be getting some myself. I was kinda kiddin about the $20 off the original thing,,,JOKING. Finally, about the "harsh" answer,,,,NO PROBLEM,,,,didn't take it that way at all. I totally understand where you're comin from.....Later,,,,,DMAN
Old 03-18-2002, 11:20 PM
jmax

"But hey,,,we gotta try right??j/k" - The day we quit tryin' is the day the big corporations will win and the consumers and small dogs may as well lie down and die. The reason I wrote what I did is because I was the one trying to get it cheaper when he offered the original at $55 a roll last year. But after talking with him on the phone I was sure that it was identical to peel and seal and not worth paying the shipping. But now that it's a third thicker I would consider buying it. But I don't even have two pieces of copper to rub together right now. Which sucks because I still need to cover my roof and firewall. But it's gonna wait until at least April so that my hands don't go numb installing it anyway. And I am pretty sure I have enough "high end" material to cover my trunk in another 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the mean time.

Old 03-22-2002, 01:46 AM

It is not Peal and Seal. The direct comparison was done and on places like headliner or vertical surfaces, Peal and Seal could not stick nearly as strong as the original RAAMmat. It is fine for floors though.