Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

What is this? o_O

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 07:35 PM

What is this? o_O

I was wondering what this was. I was trying to see what a wiring harness looked like and it looked alot like this thing I got with my deck. The instructions says it's a fuse, but I'm not sure (since I know absolutely nothing about car audio).

http://members.asianavenue.com/AzN_plyr4lyf/wiring.jpg
Old 03-28-2002, 07:53 PM
I need a truck

Re: What is this? o_O

if you're planning on installing the radio yourself and you know nothing about car audio, i suggest that you get it professionally installed. What that is IS the harness, but that is the harness that connects to the radio. What you need if you're going to install the radio yourself is another wiring harness that will connect to the car, and then from there you will connect the wires from each wiring harness.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:55 PM

Re: Re: What is this? o_O

Originally posted by Conrad283
if you're planning on installing the radio yourself and you know nothing about car audio, i suggest that you get it professionally installed. What that is IS the harness, but that is the harness that connects to the radio. What you need if you're going to install the radio yourself is another wiring harness that will connect to the car, and then from there you will connect the wires from each wiring harness.
I'm not doing the install myself. I'm having one of my friends do it. And I was just wondering what it was. Thanks
Old 03-28-2002, 07:58 PM
I need a truck

Re: Re: Re: What is this? o_O

Originally posted by NightKidsGTR

I'm not doing the install myself. I'm having one of my friends do it. And I was just wondering what it was. Thanks
ok ... any place that does car audio installation should carry the wiring harness that you would need ... i got one for 15 bucks