Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

amp tuning problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 10:37 PM

amp tuning problem

guys, i am having a ultimate 500w bridged amp and pioner ts-304c 600w subwoofer. my point is what's the right way to tune the amp, like the "LEVEL" on the amp, if too low, not enough power could damage the woofer, if to high, will have the clip sound.....so how do u guys tune ur amps?? need advises

thanks
Old 04-29-2002, 11:44 PM

Re: amp tuning problem

Originally posted by skyjay617
guys, i am having a ultimate 500w bridged amp and pioner ts-304c 600w subwoofer. my point is what's the right way to tune the amp, like the "LEVEL" on the amp, if too low, not enough power could damage the woofer, if to high, will have the clip sound.....so how do u guys tune ur amps?? need advises

thanks
Its something like turn the music on at the loudest you will ever listen to and adjust the bass to the point that it wond distort with too much power. you can ayways have the bass gain on the amp higher and lower the bass gain fromt he HU down, that way you are never underpowering the subs
Old 04-30-2002, 05:06 AM

when i tune amps, i set the head unit bass, treble, everything to zero. also i set the gains and everything on the amp to zero. then i turn the headunit's volume to about 80% of the maximum the headunit allows.

then i turn the gain right up till i get distortion, then i turn it down a little bit, so i'm below distortion level by a bit. but that's the way i do it.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by victor
when i tune amps, i set the head unit bass, treble, everything to zero. also i set the gains and everything on the amp to zero. then i turn the headunit's volume to about 80% of the maximum the headunit allows.

then i turn the gain right up till i get distortion, then i turn it down a little bit, so i'm below distortion level by a bit. but that's the way i do it.

Go with Victor's way, i used it with my POS amp and it works wonders!