Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

in-dash CD changer + Alpine Motorized Monitor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 05:38 AM

in-dash CD changer + Alpine Motorized Monitor?

I am looking to upgrade my audio equipment with a video display. I am looking to purchase one of alpine's new in dash flip-out monitors. Currently right now I have the stock setup with an in-dash cd changer for 6 cd's. I was wondering can I install the monitor without losing the changer. One prson told me that this was possible but many have said the opposite. I just want some second opinions on the matter.
Old 05-10-2002, 11:19 AM
FJC

Re: in-dash CD changer + Alpine Motorized Monitor?

Originally posted by AceFace
I am looking to upgrade my audio equipment with a video display. I am looking to purchase one of alpine's new in dash flip-out monitors. Currently right now I have the stock setup with an in-dash cd changer for 6 cd's. I was wondering can I install the monitor without losing the changer. One prson told me that this was possible but many have said the opposite. I just want some second opinions on the matter.
Opposite I think.... The Monitor is a single DIN... How is the changer? Double DIN???

Reember to mount the monitor ABOVE the changer (if you can) so you can change cd's while still watching Buttman's Ultimate Workout or Buttman Vs. Analwoman...
Old 05-10-2002, 03:01 PM

So you do beleieve that it is possible. I have the cd changer in the spot where the change holder should be so if I remove the stock radio there will be a big empty space that should hold up to two components.
Old 05-10-2002, 08:02 PM
FJC

Originally posted by AceFace
So you do beleieve that it is possible. I have the cd changer in the spot where the change holder should be so if I remove the stock radio there will be a big empty space that should hold up to two components.
You got it... Two DIN's. ONLY if the changer is the size of a common HU (DIN). The change holder, etc I believe is also a DIN size
Old 05-11-2002, 12:34 PM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

you can still install the alpine unit in the dash pocket just under the radio(just above cig lighter and ash tray). the unit will fit in there with a little modification. the only thing to watch out for is that when your screen is up it partially covers the headunit, and you can only flip the monitor up or in when your shifter is out of the way. if you want to keep your stock head unit, there won't be any way to mount your alpine screen in the same space.

if you are going to spend the money for an alpine unit, then you can afford a new single din head. just throw a changer in the trunk or under the seat.