Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Can NE1 give me advice on good component set under $400?>

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2000, 09:22 AM

i was thinking about the kicker rs6 or infinity kappp series...NE1 have any opinions? i have about 75 watts rms to go to these speakers..right now i have the infinity reference 652i...i think they sound pretty good but they start to get muddy when i crank it up..thanks..my system includes a kenwood excelon 815, infinity speakers all around, a planet audio 4 channel 75 watt rms, a jbl monoblock 600 watt monoblock sub amp, and 2 infinity perfect 10's..thanks a lot
Old 12-03-2000, 11:19 AM
Surge Diesal

I definitely like the Kappa's, they are a solid buy, except that I hear they break down easily. For the money you got I think Focal's are whithin reason. Here's a couple of sites you may want to check out.

www.tms-electronics.com
www.theautophile.com
www.sounddomain.com

Good luck.

Old 12-03-2000, 12:16 PM
Disco Biscuit

Ya, Focal, CD Technologies, DA

are all good ones for under $400....
Old 12-04-2000, 06:44 AM

Focals

definitly the focals they are to perfect for 400 also boston makes a good set and so does jl
Old 12-04-2000, 11:00 PM
jmax

You could get some Diamond Audio HEX series for about that. I crank mine all the time and have only blown two of my 5 1/4 er's so far. Those have been covered by the warrany because I am only pushing about 60 or 70 watts a piece. It does bug me that they have blown. But since their covered by the warranty it's easy to replace.
Hey Whitemax, Where did you get your Dynaudio stuff? I have only found one dealer in Va and it's a whole days drive.

Old 12-05-2000, 05:53 AM
Disco Biscuit

I got them and my amps form CA

http://www.theautophile.com
I stumbled onto his website, and gave him a call, and found out he is one of the most knowlagable people in the business. I only buy from him now. Only catch is I have to to the installs myself, but it's no biggy. If you ever check them out, the owners name is Peter, and he goes above and beyond to help you buy the right equipment you need, even if it's not something he carries.
Old 12-05-2000, 06:05 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: I got them and my amps form CA

I'll second that endorsement of Peter Lufrano at The Autophile.

I'll also say that John at MMXPress is a quality businessman as well. He sold me my MB Quart Q-series components at a real sweet price when he quoted me a price that was too low. However, he honored it and I respect him for that.

Originally posted by Whitemax
http://www.theautophile.com
I stumbled onto his website, and gave him a call, and found out he is one of the most knowlagable people in the business. I only buy from him now. Only catch is I have to to the installs myself, but it's no biggy. If you ever check them out, the owners name is Peter, and he goes above and beyond to help you buy the right equipment you need, even if it's not something he carries.
Old 12-06-2000, 12:41 PM
jmax

Thanks Whitemax and Jambo. I'll check out that site. I do most of my own install work anyway so that is not a problem. I am hoping to save enough money to replace the four 6 1/2 HEX's (two per door) with Dynaudio MW170's. I'm pretty sure that's the 8 inch driver. That way the midbase will be more able to keep up with the three twelves, in the rear deck, I should have finished installing a few months ago. Damn work always getting in the way of fun.