Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Minidisc hookup question-->

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2000, 05:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Can I hookup a portable MD player to my CD headunit if i dont have a tape player to use the kit with? Do i have to have a tape player in my car or is there another way? Thanks i'm thinking of getting a MD player with PC interface and want to play it in my car too

-Mark
Old 12-06-2000, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by MidnightMarauder
Can I hookup a portable MD player to my CD headunit if i dont have a tape player to use the kit with? Do i have to have a tape player in my car or is there another way? Thanks i'm thinking of getting a MD player with PC interface and want to play it in my car too

-Mark
What kind of head unit do you have? Some aftermarket ones have direct line-in hookups for MD and the like; others have adapters you can get that let you use the CD changer hookup. The latter might work on the Bose, too. If you've got amps in your system, you could also put a switch in there to let you use the MD. If you're really going all out for MD, though, you can get a headunit that plays them directly for a decent price since Sony has been trying to kick up sales.