Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Anyone recommend a GOOD security system around 300 bucks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 08:49 PM
Sports Button FTW

Anyone recommend a GOOD security system around 300 bucks?

whatever u guys find i'll try to find cheaper on the net but i'm looking for an alarm with:

pager
sensors
remote start
kill switch

car got stolen few weeks back and i'm sick of driving in fear...but the repairs cut my funds short so i'm looking for a good alarm with good name that some of u may have. it should be able to tell if someone breaks window, trys to open doors, tow car, whatever...if my pricing is sick, tell me what something like this is going to run me...ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED ASAP...thanks all that help me!
Old 07-06-2002, 10:07 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Re: Anyone recommend a GOOD security system around 300 bucks?

Originally posted by meccanoble
whatever u guys find i'll try to find cheaper on the net but i'm looking for an alarm with:

pager
sensors
remote start
kill switch

car got stolen few weeks back and i'm sick of driving in fear...but the repairs cut my funds short so i'm looking for a good alarm with good name that some of u may have. it should be able to tell if someone breaks window, trys to open doors, tow car, whatever...if my pricing is sick, tell me what something like this is going to run me...ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED ASAP...thanks all that help me!
Hey your in NJ....I can help ya Best I would be able to do is a Viper 550ESP, it would run ya $349 installed. Includes remote start,keyless entry,trunk release,flashing lights,shock sensor,ignition kill,etc...Email me for details. Lifetime warranty on the product and install. Pager, proximity sensor,mercury sensor,etc are all also available. To check it out go to....
http://www.directed.com/security/viper/default.asp
Old 07-07-2002, 03:50 PM

hey u need to give me a call

i can help u on alarm.....201-7924844
Old 07-07-2002, 05:13 PM

Re: hey u need to give me a call

Originally posted by ray89se
i can help u on alarm.....201-7924844
Why dont you supply him with more info....ie: what kind? price? warranty? etc...
Old 07-07-2002, 05:55 PM
Sports Button FTW

Re: Re: Anyone recommend a GOOD security system around 300 bucks?

Originally posted by Pearl96Max

Hey your in NJ....I can help ya Best I would be able to do is a Viper 550ESP, it would run ya $349 installed. Includes remote start,keyless entry,trunk release,flashing lights,shock sensor,ignition kill,etc...Email me for details. Lifetime warranty on the product and install. Pager, proximity sensor,mercury sensor,etc are all also available. To check it out go to....
http://www.directed.com/security/viper/default.asp
i'm feeling! umm, so how much more for the pager? The most important thing i need is pager and sensors. I want to know someone is messing with my car. Also, u will install it? or u know a place i can get this installed? and how much is installation? i know someone who can install alarms for me at good price and i can probably buy that at a great price...let me know how much installing is....thanks bro
Old 07-07-2002, 08:54 PM
KCTYPHOON

Re: Re: Re: Anyone recommend a GOOD security system around 300 bucks?

i'm feeling! umm, so how much more for the pager? The most important thing i need is pager and sensors. I want to know someone is messing with my car. Also, u will install it? or u know a place i can get this installed? and how much is installation? i know someone who can install alarms for me at good price and i can probably buy that at a great price...let me know how much installing is....thanks bro
two words for you if ya want a GOOD alarm.. CODE ALARM

Old 07-07-2002, 09:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Anyone recommend a GOOD security system around 300 bucks?

The pager would be $179 installed. It would be part #s 795T but with the 795L reciever (digital readout, and vibrate) the original price of $349 IS an installed price. So for the alarm/remote start/pager you would be at: $528 installed.

--Don
Old 07-07-2002, 11:47 PM
Sports Button FTW

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone recommend a GOOD security system around 300 bucks?

The pager would be $179 installed. It would be part #s 795T but with the 795L reciever (digital readout, and vibrate) the original price of $349 IS an installed price. So for the alarm/remote start/pager you would be at: $528 installed.

--Don
are u a professional installer? or just someone willing to do on side? also, can u explain teh alarm to me? what does it protect?

i'm looking for something that senses trunk opening, window breaking, and door opening...does this alarm do all that? and how hard is it for thieves to steal car? i mean is there any way they can work around system? how far does the pager go before it doesn't sense the car anymore? thanks
Old 07-08-2002, 06:18 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone recommend a GOOD security system around 300 bucks?

are u a professional installer? or just someone willing to do on side? also, can u explain teh alarm to me? what does it protect?

i'm looking for something that senses trunk opening, window breaking, and door opening...does this alarm do all that? and how hard is it for thieves to steal car? i mean is there any way they can work around system? how far does the pager go before it doesn't sense the car anymore? thanks
I am a professional installer. Like I said in an earlier post I had to take a test to become DEI certified for thier product. The alarm covers all doors and trunk,and any impact to the vehicle. There is a glass breakage sensor available (relatively cheap), but I usually recommend against it. Reason being is that the way that it works is by detecting high pitch sounds (ie: glass shatter).Problem is it picks up ALOT more than that ie: (thunder,Mack trucks, stereo systems, etc). The range of the pager depends on your location. I do not want to say a certain range and then dissapoint you. It will work in your house. Like most RF frequencies it will have trouble in locations like a bank. To finalize, as far as thieves....NO alarm will STOP a thief completely. If someone wants your car bad enough they will get it. An alarm is a very good deterrence, and makes the task of stealing it very difficult.

---Don
Old 07-08-2002, 07:43 AM

Go to a pawn shop an purchase you a Gun for like 200
Old 07-08-2002, 01:39 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by H.N.I.C.95
Go to a pawn shop an purchase you a Gun for like 200
what good is the gun when you walk out and your car is already gone?

hey bro, dag, 528 is high but i'm willing to do it. How much without the remote start and where are you located?

also can u list EVERYTHING that comes with this package for 528 from the KILL SWITCH to the PAGER and the range? shouldn't the range be on the box????
Old 07-08-2002, 04:23 PM

hey mecc give me a call

and i can get u a pager and alarm in one unit for around 375... u seen my alarm..... so give me a call...and its not a crimstopper..
and the remote also vibrates..... 2017924844
Old 07-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Sports Button FTW

Re: hey mecc give me a call

Originally posted by ray89se
and i can get u a pager and alarm in one unit for around 375... u seen my alarm..... so give me a call...and its not a crimstopper..
and the remote also vibrates..... 2017924844
OH MY GOD, HE'S ALIVE!!! i forgot about you bro, i remember your alarm and that's exactly what i wanted but just have a few questions about range and sensors...i'll hit u up in person or phone...awesome dude.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:06 PM

what good is the gun when you walk out and your car is already gone?

hey bro, dag, 528 is high but i'm willing to do it. How much without the remote start and where are you located?

also can u list EVERYTHING that comes with this package for 528 from the KILL SWITCH to the PAGER and the range? shouldn't the range be on the box????
In comparison to retail pricing Im ALOT lower. As far as the features I see you got someone else so theres no need to list, correct? I can offer you other alarms Ie: Autopage,Crimestopper,Excalibur,etc... But they do not live up to the quality of DEI. DEI has been proven to be the best worldwide. This being the sole reason why I use them. DEIs newest piece the 554 actually has the built in pager,LCD display,etc, and would cost about the same as the 550 alone, unfortunately it has not been released yet, therefore needing to pay extra for the external pager. Other companies such as Prestige (audiovox), Autopage, and Crimestopper already have these LCD remotes. Making the total price cheaper. I cannot compare with thos in price at this time. Only surpassing them with quality now.

--Don
Old 07-08-2002, 11:48 PM
Sports Button FTW

In comparison to retail pricing Im ALOT lower. As far as the features I see you got someone else so theres no need to list, correct? I can offer you other alarms Ie: Autopage,Crimestopper,Excalibur,etc... But they do not live up to the quality of DEI. DEI has been proven to be the best worldwide. This being the sole reason why I use them. DEIs newest piece the 554 actually has the built in pager,LCD display,etc, and would cost about the same as the 550 alone, unfortunately it has not been released yet, therefore needing to pay extra for the external pager. Other companies such as Prestige (audiovox), Autopage, and Crimestopper already have these LCD remotes. Making the total price cheaper. I cannot compare with thos in price at this time. Only surpassing them with quality now.

--Don
wait, please list. The alarm my friend Ray showed me is nice but i don't know how far it can go nor the features of it. I plan on discussing them with him but just in case its not what i want, i would like to have you as my second option....if its not too much trouble...thanks