Autocrossing and Road Course Racing Enjoy and discuss the fun through the twisties at your favorite auto-x event. Check out the links to the SCCA website to locate your local club.

Central PA Auto-X

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 06:02 PM

Central PA Auto-X

Hi guys. I'm just pimping the local (for me) SCCA Auto-X event coming up the weekend of July 24 and July 25. It is a two day event and I expect it to be extremely well done.

The venue is an airport with 2 taxiways and part of one runway closed for the event. Usually when they do this the course is long and fast, not to mention really fun. The primary course designer is outstanding. We have national level drivers like Sam Strano and Chris Janusz here on a regular basis. It's worth the trip just to watch them drive.

http://www.team-crm.com/ gives one driver's very favorable impression of the course.

I have never seen a Maxima there to compete. I would really like to see some of you guys that are closer make it here some day. I hope to get to DC area for an event in the fall.

Pre-Registration is required. Go to CPR SCCA Page and click on pre-register for either or both days. The event still has about 53 openings left as of right now and is capped at 120 entrys maximum.

Pimp mode off.

Buck
Old 07-11-2006, 06:27 PM
retired moderator

I'd roll up there, but will be taking the boat out that weekend...that, and I need to replace a CV axle before I hit another event....That one looks like a GREAT event, maybe next year!! BTW, where is Philpsburg?

I've run in several CDC events against that Civic in the titlebar..or one that looks alot like it

Is he from up there? If so, he makes some long hauls to run in Maryland!
Old 07-11-2006, 06:45 PM
retired moderator

btw....if you're in PA, forget DC events, just come to the Ripken Stadium events hosted by Philly SCCA and Autocrossers, Inc.....usually good courses and alot closer to you than DC, probably. Most of the DC-area maxima autocrossers run up at Ripken since the DC SCCA events at FedEx Field sell out super-quick and are super-crowded (300 cars, usually)....

you should consider trying to make it to the August 12th event at Ripken..already 2 maximas signed up in DSP.

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...61630063886617
Old 07-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Bacon Lover

I would be up for going, if anything to watch and support a fellow Maxima owner. Umm...I don't think you have your dates right, though. The 24th and 25th are a monday and tuesday. Maybe you mean the 22nd and 23rd? The 23rd is listed on that CRM website.

Where will this be held exactly? How much is it to enter should I feel like participating (I have a stock SE suspension Maxima with a FSTB, don't see myself entering I don't think)?
Old 07-12-2006, 04:53 AM

Bah! I looked at the wrong month. Yes it's 22nd and 23rd.

Irish, that is the guy. He is from MD I believe, but he drives to a lot of events in PA and elsewhere.

Tatanko, Philipsburg is approx 30 min West of State College. The easiest way to get to the site from Lewistown is to take 322 west through State College all the way to US220. Here's a link to the directions on their site. For this event the registration is $30.00 since it is a special event and pre-registration is required, but regular events are $25.00 for non-SCCA members and $20.00 for SCCA members and you can register there at the event. If you come, I highly encourage you to enter and compete. It's a blast.

Here's a copy and paste of the directions for you too...
from the East on Rte 322

Take 322 out of State College (still going west) until it meets Alternate 220. Take Alt. 220 north about 5 miles to the little village of Julian. Turn left onto Beaver Rd. There's a white sign saying "BEAVER" on a telephone pole. There's also a sign for Black Moshannon State Park. Take Beaver until it dead-ends into PA 504 (about 9 miles). Turn left, cross the lake, and go one mile. Airport Rd will be on the left.

Apparantly I should change my profile. I have sold my Maxima and now own a WRX wagon. I still visit this site occasionally though because it was my first car forum and really enjoyed the informative and respectful discourse here. I also have a how-to that gets questions occasionally.

Buck
Old 07-12-2006, 06:44 AM
Bacon Lover

Alright, I'll try and make it up if I'm not working. Still don't know if I'll enter, though. I likely won't have $30 to spare, though, since I'm working on getting 00VI parts right now
Old 07-12-2006, 08:05 AM

Cool. If you do make the trip, look me up. I'll be driving a white 2004 WRX wagon.

Buck
Old 07-12-2006, 10:46 AM
What was that?

Damn. If I was up at State College for the summer I would've joined. I'm dying to try Autoxing once in my life. Now that I'm getting coilover in the very near future(today). I would love to try.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:58 AM

Are you coming back for fall semester? We have four fall events.

Buck
Old 07-13-2006, 08:22 AM
this place is dead

Originally Posted by Bucket
Hi guys. I'm just pimping the local (for me) SCCA Auto-X event coming up the weekend of July 24 and July 25. It is a two day event and I expect it to be extremely well done.

The venue is an airport with 2 taxiways and part of one runway closed for the event. Usually when they do this the course is long and fast, not to mention really fun. The primary course designer is outstanding. We have national level drivers like Sam Strano and Chris Janusz here on a regular basis. It's worth the trip just to watch them drive.

http://www.team-crm.com/ gives one driver's very favorable impression of the course.

I have never seen a Maxima there to compete. I would really like to see some of you guys that are closer make it here some day. I hope to get to DC area for an event in the fall.

Pre-Registration is required. Go to CPR SCCA Page and click on pre-register for either or both days. The event still has about 53 openings left as of right now and is capped at 120 entrys maximum.

Pimp mode off.

Buck
here is a video of the airstrip site Buck is talking about from the phillyscca forum

http://www.team-crm.com/video/adam070906.wmv
Old 08-02-2006, 05:32 AM
What was that?

Originally Posted by Bucket
Are you coming back for fall semester? We have four fall events.

Buck
I will be up. This could be a good time to tune my suspension.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:10 PM

Cool. The fall events are...

September 10th

September 17th

October 1st

October 8th
Old 08-03-2006, 06:56 AM
this place is dead

Are all of these events at the airstrip?
Old 08-03-2006, 07:05 PM

Yep. All are at Midstate Airport.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:43 AM

does anyone from pa go to the york or lancaster events, i am thinking about going up to a couple of those
Old 08-04-2006, 07:08 AM
this place is dead

Instead of Manasass? It's a 2hr hike for me, but depending on the course I might consider it
Old 08-07-2006, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
I
Is he from up there? If so, he makes some long hauls to run in Maryland!
The first owner of the car, Mike Louie (in the picture) is from the Lancaster, PA area. He sold the car recently; I think the new owner is also from the Lancaster area.