Autocrossing and Road Course Racing Enjoy and discuss the fun through the twisties at your favorite auto-x event. Check out the links to the SCCA website to locate your local club.

09 or later autocross maxima????

Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: KY
Posts: 66
09 or later autocross maxima????

Anyone have any pics of a later model, 7th generation, maxima that has been set up for autocross or road racing circuits? I have done a number of searches and came up empty. Or even any companies that have done one. I am really just wanting pics and specs on some to see what it would be like for a 4 door sports car to be done that way. Thanks in advance.
donhd04 is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
  #2  
retired moderator
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Burke, VA
Posts: 27,285
autocross or road racing with CVT.....most people doing motorsports want a car with three pedals, or at least a tiptronic/sequential. I can't imagine doing with with a CVT would be all that effective, but who knows.

Why don't you be the first!?

But seriously, stop calling it a 4-door sports car......There are two cars in my sig that are far more "4DSC" than the other one. And those two cars don't include the E-Prepared autocross maxima on the right....

Enjoy the maxima for what it is: a nice luxury-ish sedan with good performance for a FWD car. Not remotely related to a sportscar other than the enigine....

Last edited by irish44j; 05-01-2012 at 06:22 PM.
irish44j is offline  
Old 05-02-2012, 06:34 AM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: KY
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
autocross or road racing with CVT.....most people doing motorsports want a car with three pedals, or at least a tiptronic/sequential. I can't imagine doing with with a CVT would be all that effective, but who knows.

Why don't you be the first!?

But seriously, stop calling it a 4-door sports car......There are two cars in my sig that are far more "4DSC" than the other one. And those two cars don't include the E-Prepared autocross maxima on the right....

Enjoy the maxima for what it is: a nice luxury-ish sedan with good performance for a FWD car. Not remotely related to a sportscar other than the enigine....
wow didn't mean to rile you up there. Mine is used for dailey driving the kids back and forth to school anyway. No plans of ever racing mine. I was watching autoracing this weekend and seen a few other 4 doors in some of the stock classes and just was curious as to if anyone had done it yet. MOF there was a AUDI A4 2010 that was in the lead when i turned it on. Oh and BTW mine had "4DSC" right on the back window from the factory so be upset with them not me.
donhd04 is offline  
Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
  #4  
retired moderator
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Burke, VA
Posts: 27,285
Originally Posted by donhd04 View Post
wow didn't mean to rile you up there. Mine is used for dailey driving the kids back and forth to school anyway. No plans of ever racing mine. I was watching autoracing this weekend and seen a few other 4 doors in some of the stock classes and just was curious as to if anyone had done it yet. MOF there was a AUDI A4 2010 that was in the lead when i turned it on. Oh and BTW mine had "4DSC" right on the back window from the factory so be upset with them not me.
Lol, just giving you a hard time, but Nissan's marketing is retarded and it's annoying when people repeat the stupid company line . The original Maxima 4DSC was the 3rd gen (which had the same sticker, btw), which actually was one of the sportier sedans around at the time (which it really isn't these days). But whatever, it was just an aside anyhow.

In any case, you could at least do an autocross. People do those in any kind of car (most of us in this forum autocross(ed) maximas). Hell, I once saw a Honda Odyssey out there autocrossing! You won't be terribly fast, but you'll still have a good time. There's no danger to the car or anything, and if you're not driving *****-out your tires should be ok.
irish44j is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: KY
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
Lol, just giving you a hard time, but Nissan's marketing is retarded and it's annoying when people repeat the stupid company line . The original Maxima 4DSC was the 3rd gen (which had the same sticker, btw), which actually was one of the sportier sedans around at the time (which it really isn't these days). But whatever, it was just an aside anyhow.

In any case, you could at least do an autocross. People do those in any kind of car (most of us in this forum autocross(ed) maximas). Hell, I once saw a Honda Odyssey out there autocrossing! You won't be terribly fast, but you'll still have a good time. There's no danger to the car or anything, and if you're not driving *****-out your tires should be ok.
dude you are seriously wanting my wife to commit murder 101 aren't ya. LOL I would love to try it sometime but she already has my ***** in her purse and would beat me with them if i ever did that. haha. know what they say. "If momma aint happy, then no one is happy"
donhd04 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 03:00 PM
  #6  
retired moderator
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Burke, VA
Posts: 27,285
Originally Posted by donhd04 View Post
dude you are seriously wanting my wife to commit murder 101 aren't ya. LOL I would love to try it sometime but she already has my ***** in her purse and would beat me with them if i ever did that. haha. know what they say. "If momma aint happy, then no one is happy"
just let her drive too. Then she'll be hooked.

alternately, tell her it's a "driving school."

alternately, just don't tell her at all.

Last edited by irish44j; 05-03-2012 at 04:04 PM.
irish44j is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Goffery2uned
4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999)
9
08-21-2015 09:50 PM
julian888
7th Generation Classifieds (2009-2015)
0
08-06-2015 04:39 AM
julian888
New Member Introductions
1
08-05-2015 08:26 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 09 or later autocross maxima????


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.