Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Dealings with Pearl96Max

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 05:58 PM

I bought a Viper 791XV from Don and got it installed by Don. Great price and warranty.

Also got my 7" LCD, DVD, & HU installed by him.

Great Guy and Great Service.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Another happy purchase for me today- I got an Eclipse HU , 4 channel Arc amp + coaxes....handed to me in perfect condition and warranty cards ready-

Those of you in the market for amps...ask Don about Arc Audio...these amplifiers are serious!

Don ...thanx for the install of my HU last minute today! Truly appreciate it!
Looking forward to doing more business with you.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:04 AM
nycmaximas member

Don hooked it up...

Just wanted to shout out Don... You did a great job with my Amp Sub combo. Don Installed my L7 and Kicker Amp. He even mounted my remote for my Amp exactly where I wanted it... thanks. The job was beautiful and I still made it to school within time... I definatly have a reliable Audio Installer and Retailer for ALL of my future projects... Don does great work for very reasonable prices. He stands by his work and gives great suggestions and advice for my current and future setup. Thanks again Don.

Alex (happy customer)
Old 02-17-2004, 08:03 AM
Maximaniac

I bought some Diamond Audio Hex components from Don awhile back I hope to get installed soon. Don does all my audio/video work. He also installed my hornet 2-way alarm. Don's the best.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:05 AM

I just had my viper 791xv alarm installed by Don today. Great job...and a great guy...gave me tons of info on systems and etc....I'll be back to have my entire system done..hopefully soon...and he also tried to help me out on my retarded trunk...thanks again...after i get it fixed will be up there to have the remote connected...thanks again for great install and info
Old 02-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Sanduguero

[QUOTE=Playero]no one has ever touch my max other than don when it comes to the electrical side. he has done an absolutely outstanding job very clean and profesional, Prices are the best and the quality is superb!

Eclipse HU 7" Touch Screen AV 3423
Diamond Components HEX front
Infinity Reference Rear Fill
Stinger Expert Series
O Gauge
In line Fuse 300 Amps
Digital Batt Terminals
Phoenix Gold In-Line Drivers
2 Diamond Audio TDX 12
2 Eclipse Amps DA 7122 and 5422
Digital Capacitor 3 Farad (Stinger)
2 Headrest Icon TV monitors

I got all this stuff from him!!
Old 02-28-2004, 12:00 PM
CCx

Don installed a Viper 690xv alarm for me today and did a wonderful job! I highly reccommend his services, very professional, and he knows his stuff.

Thanks again Don!
Old 03-04-2004, 06:06 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Don comes through again. I've been to see don like 3 times in the past 6 months and everytime he's come up with some serious ideas. can't wait for that box don! and thanx for all the advice
Old 03-04-2004, 06:31 PM

Don,love my new Sounstream SQ sub..
thanx for a great deal! And my brother is enjoying his new HU and will be bringing his friends to you....

Thanx again....
Old 04-10-2004, 02:11 PM

Dealings with Pearl96Max

Just got an Eclipse 8454 installed today. Great guy to do with business with. Install was clean and fast. He definately knew what he was doing and price was AWESOME!! Will definately be doing business with Don again.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:00 PM
I need a truck

I was at Don's a couple of hours after you Mac to get started on my custon trunk. Worked for 4 hrs. Jen cooked a bangin dinner But there's still more work to be done. Thanks again Don
Old 04-11-2004, 09:05 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Originally Posted by Conrad283
I was at Don's a couple of hours after you Mac to get started on my custon trunk. Worked for 4 hrs. Jen cooked a bangin dinner But there's still more work to be done. Thanks again Don
Must be nice.
Almost 5 months now and still waiting on my trunk work from Don.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:18 PM

Dropping the car off this Wed. to get custom trunk work..
Looking forward to posting up pics once Don is done with it
Old 04-12-2004, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 97MaxGurl
Must be nice.
Almost 5 months now and still waiting on my trunk work from Don.

hmmm, yet one of ur other threads said u were gone for 2 months..so how could he do it while u weren't even around?
Old 04-12-2004, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by friendhasmax
hmmm, yet one of ur other threads said u were gone for 2 months..so how could he do it while u weren't even around?
Sounds like what Don said to me this afternoon.

I don't know how long you've been around the .org, but I know you posted that in Don's defense. It's not really necessary because he's not under attack.

Just to clear things up a bit. I may have been too direct and vague on my initial post, but that doesn't take away the fact that I always recommend my customers (and friends before I started my own business) to Don in getting electronics work done. As matter of fact, since Don joined the .org and began promoting his business, I was one of the first to post up positive feedback about him back in Summer 2002.

My car is parked in front of a speed shop in Brooklyn, every week there is always someone that walks into the shop and asks me 'the screen is neat, where did you get that done?'. I want to take my customers' cars to Don and get quality electronics work done since my shop only does bodywork/collision and performance work on cars.

Don and I just have some unfinished business that I'd like to see closure on this week. After that, I look forward to getting potential business to him and benefiting both of our businesses.

I don't know what kind of business (if any) you had with me or RedlineMax.com, feel free to start a new thread or better yet, seeing that you are local, I invite you to stop by my shop Monday-Friday 10am-7pm as I'd much rather address those issues face to face rather than typing away on the PC.

Here's the address:
8671 18th Ave, Brooklyn NY 11214

www.mapquest.com for driving directions.

Thank you.
Angela Liu
646-321-9779
Old 04-12-2004, 06:12 PM

angie, i didn't mean it like that. it was just an observation, that's all. i didn't mean it in a negative way. sorry it came across wrong.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by friendhasmax
angie, i didn't mean it like that. it was just an observation, that's all. i didn't mean it in a negative way. sorry it came across wrong.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:45 AM

very good dealer got hooked up with great prices
thanks don
Old 04-17-2004, 08:20 AM

Could anyone PM me Don's # or address, need to ask a question, thanks
Old 04-17-2004, 11:59 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

just pm him
Old 04-17-2004, 01:05 PM

I did, never responded when i asked for address/phone #. I got his # from someone alread, just need a techenical suggestion, he was very polite and answered all my questions. If I ever need any custom work that i cant do myself, hes the guy im going to. OFF TO PAGE 5
Old 04-27-2004, 11:17 PM

ok i just bought a pioneer AVIC-N1 retail 2200 but got a very very good deal from don. Don really hooked me up best price i could find ever and i searched high and low. well i just want to say if i ever need anything else Don is the man to go too. He also helped my installer install the unit. Don really is a great guy and will never take advantage of you so u can trust him. He also answered all my questions and shipping was super fast. so buy from HIM. thank don. also love the unit
Old 04-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by jmax
Must be talking about a different Don than the one in Jersey and goes by the screen name pearl. Definitely the complete opposite of the service I received.
guess what...you're in the minority.
the majority of people here praises the man and his work.
you said your piece once and it's enough no need to keep ringing in with cheap shots....get over it.

recently got an alarm done by him on another car. good job..clean install in a tight spot.
no complaints what so ever.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by jmax
Must be talking about a different Don than the one in Jersey and goes by the screen name pearl. Definitely the complete opposite of the service I received.
You made your point months ago. Kill it. At this point you are making trouble and you'll be banned if it continues. If people still want to deal with Don after your complaints, it's on them. Most people have had good dealing with him and you say you didn't. It's your word against his so if you have documented proof that Don is a *****, post it. If not, let it die.

Thank you.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:52 AM

Just got my remote from Don yest....Good Stuff

Thanks
Old 04-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Got Bent?

jmax... you've posted your experience once... that is it... posting over and over about the same thing is not what this forum is about... neither is arguing with the dealer. All arguments should be taken to e-mail or PM... this forum is only for posting experiences you have had and that is it...

If you continue posting about the same thing, action will be taken against you.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:45 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

I just bought 2 pioneer headunits from Don, didnt even ask him to install but we did the install anyways, he came through big time today. This is about the 15th time I've gone over to talk to Don and he's steered me in the right direction EVERYTIME. There's no way I'll go anywhere else for ANY car audio/mobile video/alarm installations or parts. thanks again Don!
Old 05-02-2004, 09:40 PM
living out of a maxima...

Just thought I'd chime in here... I had a Viper alarm installed by Don like 6 months ago, and it still works like a charm. I'll be going back to get the stereo replaced soon.

And Don... one of these days I need to stop by to get a setting reprogrammed and also to get those Hex components installed
Old 05-31-2004, 12:17 PM

Just got back from Don after installing Rainbow speakers and Arc Audio amp. Quick, fast and clean install. Great prices. Will definately be doing business with him again. I highly recommend Don for all your audio and alarm needs!
Old 06-15-2004, 11:47 AM

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DON(PEARL96MAX)

by far the best customer service skills....any question i had he gave me his phone# to call him & he would answer questions with knowledge or if he didnt know, he would research it & call me back with info

p.s. i bought the Pioneer AVIC-N1 dvd/navi unit & 6" headrests....click here to see pics---> http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=311858
Old 07-10-2004, 07:07 AM
Boosted like Snipes tax refund

The Man!!!

I just got an AVIC-N1 install done yesterday by Don. As always, his work was extremely professional, and he proved yet again, i could refer even the most **** of car owners to him for any work. Not to mention all the crap I put him through the day of the install while trying to get the funds together... long storry short, i was supposed to be there at 10:00 am coming out of DC... I got there at 6:30 pm and he still had me down for the work- he had cancelled plans for the evening. I am, of course, loving the unit since I got it... I'll post about the N1...
Old 07-11-2004, 04:04 AM
Maximaniac

Don is THE MAN. He's only person I trust to do audio/video work on my car. He'll be installing Rainbow components and an Arc audio sub and amp as soon as I have the money. Thanks again, Don.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Banned

Was at Don's this past sunday to have my Viper 690XV installed, and I will DEFINETLY be back sometime soon to upgrade my car audio! Great guy, awesome prices, and his knowledge and work done is TOP NOTCH!

Despite the crappy weather and traffic jam on the way home, it was definetly all worth it! Thanks again!

Keith
Old 08-31-2004, 06:43 AM

I went to see Don on Aug. 28th for an alarm install. When I got to his house he had everything prepped and was set to install the alarm into my car. This guy is a true professional. Every step of the way he always explained to me what he was doing and why he was doing it. Everything he did was neat and clean. The work was done in about 1.5 – 2 hours and we were talking the whole time. When everything was done he showed me the features of the alarm.

I recommend Don to anybody who wants work done to their car. I drove 4-5 hours just to have Don work on my car. I could’ve brought my car to a local shop about 2 miles away from my house but I chose Don because of his good reputation on the org alone. It was a good thing I took advice from other org members. My parents thought I was crazy to drive that far to have work done to my car. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I have to go again.

Don thanks for helping me out with the wiring on the tweeters and the iced tea (definitely needed it). I also should’ve turned on the AC for you sooner . Also, your Accord is awesome!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:46 AM

Good God, I don't know if there's going to be anything for me to add to this thread! I luckily started snooping around the forum before purchasing the car and did some research. Someone recommended that I contact Don about an alarm before I even got the car. After getting the car, I gave him a call... took a follow up call but I can understand now that he is (and why) a busy guy. I had a ton of questions because I've personally never really dealt with aftermarket alarms. He spent a half hour or more on the phone with me yesterday answering questions and then spent another half hour with me this morning with more questions I had. I feel like he's being too nice dealing with the (probably) stupid questions I have. I'm looking forward to meeting Don and getting an alarm this weekend! Thanks SOOOO much for your help thus far and can't wait to post feedback on the install!
Old 09-06-2004, 09:00 AM

Very nice fella. I bought some RainbowAudio 3way components, ARC Audio amp, and a bunch of other high end stuff from Don. No issues to speak of.

Dixit
Old 09-06-2004, 10:52 AM

Don awesome,, he just installed my sub on Saturday , really nice guy!

Ran all wires very clean, nothing lose !! Highly recommend him!

Can’t want till I go back to get my 2 way alarm!

Old 09-06-2004, 09:30 PM

Big install, best installer

I contacted Don about a month ago. He took time to talk to me almost everyday about what I had in mind to purchase for my car. His advice was invaluable, even telling me where I could save money but still keep good sound quality.

After sending him the money, the equipment was quickly ordered and he had everything at his place in under a week, due to his direct dealings with a lot of the vendors.

I dropped the car off and left it in his care for a little over three days. The install was flawless. Don even went as far to pick me up from work from the NJ Transit station. He definitely goes the extra mile for his customers.

Eclipse 2454 NAVI/DVD head unit
Rainbow Components (front)
Rainbow Soundline Coaxials (rear)
Kicker crossover/processor
ARC Audio 1100w amp
ARC Audio 500w amp
Two Diamond M6 -12" subs in a sealed box
Custom trunk + lighting/lexan
Valentine One hardwire
Old 09-07-2004, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by kieranlavin
Good God, I don't know if there's going to be anything for me to add to this thread!<snip>I'm looking forward to meeting Don and getting an alarm this weekend! Thanks SOOOO much for your help thus far and can't wait to post feedback on the install!
Well, I went to Don yesterday to get the alarm installed. I now have a lot more confidence allowing my fiancee to go out and park the car in public in/around Jersey City. I'm still concerned but feel safer with the alarm. Don showed me everything I needed (and a few things I didn't need) to know. I didn't need to know about your dog's infection Anyway, he's a great guy and I was extremely pleased with the service, price, and install. Top notch!

Another interesting note... he's figured out how to do auto up and auto down on certain alarms I guess. He'd be able to tell you better which systems and what options you'd need to have but I got a Viper 791 and he got it all working. You can roll the windows up or down with the transmitter. You can also do it in increments which Don was amazed about.

Anyone who needs anything done - call, e-mail, PM Don! He may take a bit to get back to you just because he's busy (don't assume he doesn't want your business... he'll gladly have it) but it's well worth it! If I ever decided to do any alarm or stereo work on my own car, I'd give him a call first. But like I told Don, it'd be a waste on a pretty much track-only car.

Oh, and Don, that siren certainly is loud! It went off on me a few times accidentally last night when I didn't have the transmitter ready and whoa, my ears are still recovering! His wife's real nice too (the similarities between Don and his wife and myself and my fiancee is unreal! He told me to run fast and far away)
Old 09-19-2004, 10:11 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

well, i bought more stuff from don! This time, it was for my brother's maxima... i really didn't do any research and just relied on Don's expertise. I told him what my brother wanted, what price range, and he hooked me up with the best I can afford.

Not only did he make the transaction smooth, but he offered alot of help as I was installing the stuff.

thanks alot don!

Quick Reply: Dealings with Pearl96Max