Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

JosephMaxima96 and his led work

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 01:03 PM
4th Gen Parts King

Originally Posted by JosephMaxima96
What ever, I asked if you wanted refund and you said forget it I am going to deal with it through your CC company, thats fine, You paid me for a service and I gave you the parts working condition, one thing didn't work and you get all butt hurt, I offer to fix too and you say forget that you rather make me suffer, thats cool, I am done with you at this point, if your CC company denies you your money back, don't come to me for the $60 back because you said it yourself you want to deal with it with your Cc company
You never once asked me if i wanted a refund.I have made it clear i do though.It was more than one thing not working.You tell me the leds were free of charge but i still do not have refund.You still have the option of giving me a refund.I am not going to sit on the sidelines and listen to someone repeatedly say that they are going to refund me but come up with reasons on why they havn't. So i will ask you this. I WANT A REFUND. ARE YOU GOING TO REFUND ME.YES OR NO
You should still have my paypal address.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:14 PM
4th Gen Parts King

I would totally agree with a partial refund for the climate control, but he wants full refund and wont bother with me he would rather deal with his CC company, I even asked people what is best to use to get hte job done right, and now I even offer to fix it I understand he wouldnt want my offer again, but I know what I am doing for sure now, so all in all, a full refund is not fair, but it was a good lwarning experience, you are right about that indeed.
What do you mean a partial refund for the climate control. The only thing i'm happy with is one heated seat switch and the defrost switch.Also the dimmer switch is fried it no longer works.I'm taking a loss on that already. I told you i would take a refund of 55 dollars since i need some holders to redo everything.You told me don't bother and everything is free of charge.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:31 PM

Hey Joseph, what happened? I don't visit the org that much anymore, but I was surprised to see all these posts about your LED sales and some customer feedback.
I took a look back at your original LED Taillight thread.....here are some quotes....

"Sure you can do that, I have no problem with that what so ever, I will have pics in a week or so of my taillights being complete. But my work is as good as Tony's taillights with the black maxima. Just let me know and I can do $220 shipped and use your red clears."

"This is 100% plug and play, you will like my work when it is done, I will even make a video showing that it is plug and play!"

"Why not? Pass the savings down to the customers, I have all the professional tools, and I am able to pop a quality product out in 12 hours, I was just wondering kevlo what mcd leds did you use anyway? They dont seem that bright in the day time perhaps you sould purchase from me "

You really dug your own grave huh?

I wasn't kidding when I told everyone how labor intensive these things were to make and that anyone willing to pay for them would have to pay a lot for them. You even put down Kevlo's taillights (an excellent set he made I might add) by saying his were too dim and he should buy from you.

Sorry you're venture didn't work out for you Joseph and you have to close your "business" as you stated in your recent classified post. I would hardly call what you tried to start a business.

OK, I've said my peace. BTW, how is everyone else doing???
Old 01-21-2005, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by fanaticrockford
You never once asked me if i wanted a refund.I have made it clear i do though.It was more than one thing not working.You tell me the leds were free of charge but i still do not have refund.You still have the option of giving me a refund.I am not going to sit on the sidelines and listen to someone repeatedly say that they are going to refund me but come up with reasons on why they havn't. So i will ask you this. I WANT A REFUND. ARE YOU GOING TO REFUND ME.YES OR NO
You should still have my paypal address.

You say you are happy with the defrost, and heated seat switches? Sounds good, I can give you a $40 refund for the parts not working, that is all I will do for you, anything more and that would not be fair, other then that let me know and I will refund you $40 right away.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:18 PM

What do you mean a partial refund for the climate control. The only thing i'm happy with is one heated seat switch and the defrost switch.Also the dimmer switch is fried it no longer works.I'm taking a loss on that already. I told you i would take a refund of 55 dollars since i need some holders to redo everything.You told me don't bother and everything is free of charge.
I got another dimmer switch for you, what color do you need? I will send a new one out to you too, since yours is fried? It is kind of hard to find that piece, and I have spares I can send to you.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by dallas0593
Well.... I for 1 think he does awesome work! I just received my dome light back from him. It took the exact amount of time that i was quoted, it was packaged nicely and the work seemed to be top notch! Everything works perfectly and there isn't a single problem with it. Excellent work Joseph and don't let the haters get to ya. Problems are going to occur when you get so many orders at once. Leave the friggin guy alone and let him fix his mistakes and make things right. As far as posting pics of his car and other BS, who gives a f$%k what kind of car he drives or what it looks like! As long as the work performed is good that is all that should matter. Now I know a some of you will come back with the statement of "Well his works sucks, my **** is all messed up" I see he has offered to fix everything and eve said he would refund the 1 guy all his money, what more do you want? I will post some pics of his work tonight when i get home from work. I would definitley reccomend him to others and will go back to him for more LED work.
i agree it takes a real man to admit his mistakes and work to resolve them. i will do business with him when time and money allow. keep your head up joe. as for everyone else, show some respect and contact the man directly about your issues. and realilize that if he does not get back to you right away that people do have lives outside of this board.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:54 PM
4th Gen Parts King

I wil take the 40 refund if you send me another dimmer switch. I will installl the led myself if you want to include a white led and resistor for it.Also could you send me a red led with resitor for my hazard switch.

If you don't have my paypal or street address let me know
Old 01-21-2005, 05:17 PM

I wil take the 40 refund if you send me another dimmer switch. I will installl the led myself if you want to include a white led and resistor for it.Also could you send me a red led with resitor for my hazard switch.

If you don't have my paypal or street address let me know
Thank you very much for giving me a chance to fix things! I will send you $40 when I get it into the account, as for the switches, and leds sure thing, I can send tomorrow for you, also is the hazard button ok? I have another one of those too if you need it. Please let me know, and personally teh way I did the climate control was half good, I honestly think putting led holders in there help if you ever need to swap the led, its a quick swap, I would have honetly done the climate right if I had the right solder for the copper, I hope there is no hard feelings, I sure as heck dont have any hard feelings at all, this is business, and you got to indeed keep your head up and hope for the light at the end of the tunnel at the end of the day. I have your paypal, and your address too, I will see if I can ever overnight you the parts via USPS.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:50 PM
4th Gen Parts King

My hazard switch is fine.I have not checked the one heated seat switch yet though.

Let me know when you get payment and the dimmer switch and leds shipped out.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:10 PM

Payment was refunded to fanaticrockford today for the amount of $40, I will be sending him new switch to him later this week with seperate leds for him to do it himself. Sorry about everything I hope we can be friends on here at least.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
4th Gen Parts King

Thanks for the partial refund.

But the more i repair these myself the madder i get. While working on the climate control i notice this is not even my climate control.What the hell is up with that?
Old 01-24-2005, 07:23 PM
MaximaFreak

How do you know that for sure?
Old 01-24-2005, 07:32 PM
4th Gen Parts King

for the fact that i super glued a peice of cellopahne on the dispaly this one came with a diffrent peice of cellophane taped on.Also i broke away plastic from the back of the unit where the bulb goes because it wouldn't sit flush with a wire under it.This one is not the same

Also while working with these i notice my dimmer does not work with the climate control plugged in so the holes that were enlargered for metal holders must cause a short or that part of the climate control is screwed.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:40 PM
4th Gen Parts King

ok came back from testing somemore the dimmer works without the metal holders in but the display on the climate control doesn't dim i'm sure this is suppose to dim also.

Just found a break in the circuit board. I used a jumper wire and it now dims. So joe is this why you din't send me my own climate control back because this one was broken. I would like my climate control back hopefully you didn't drill holes in mine.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:09 PM

ok came back from testing somemore the dimmer works without the metal holders in but the display on the climate control doesn't dim i'm sure this is suppose to dim also.

Just found a break in the circuit board. I used a jumper wire and it now dims. So joe is this why you din't send me my own climate control back because this one was broken. I would like my climate control back hopefully you didn't drill holes in mine.
Thats fine, I will send you mine on Thursday, along with 4 more white leds for you, if you could send me that one back when ever you get the other climate control, again I am sorry to hear the problems, but I did the exact same mod with my climate control and there is no problems at all, but I have yet another climate control untouched for you, so you can do what you want with it, I have smaller led holders (Plastic) and you can do what you want with them, they would be best for you on the climate control.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:49 PM
4th Gen Parts King

So is this my climate control you will be sending me? These smaller led holders you have are these the stock ones? I will send you back the climate control i have now with the meatal holders.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:16 AM

i hate to bash people but this needs to be said

a few months back i started talking with joe, he wanted to do new switches for his car, and i wanted his blue led switches so we swapped, i took apart all the doors, swapped them in and out and put the cars back together, his front switches wouldnt turn on and he blamed me, which any person probably would have (keep reading)
however, it turns out, that they didnt work because he had disconnected his dimmer switch which controls the front switches
he messages me one day and says i took to car to the dealer and u owe me 160 bucks, without first confronting me about the problem and finding a better way to resolve the situation (btw i remember reading in this thread something very similar about someone not coming to you when u messed up joe, and secondly, if i had of really broken his car i would have paid for it)
anyways, i refused to pay for it, first because i knew i didnt do anything wrong, and secondly because he didnt confront me about it before fixing it
then he said, well just give me back my leds and we are even
now who is gonna forget about 160 dollars just to get lights back, that arent worth that much
anyways, after investigating with some other friends, it turns out that he was planning on gettin them back, and selling them to a friend of mine, who was not going to be a ***** and take them from me, and this is why he told me
i told joe he was a **** and that i knew he was lying, and said he was drunk when he talked to me

now is this someone that you guys want to deal with?
ive heard other stuff about him but im not gonna post it here, anyone thats wants to know this other stuff can pm me, but i cant confirm it, although i know others who can
Old 01-25-2005, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by mattthemounty
i hate to bash people but this needs to be said

a few months back i started talking with joe, he wanted to do new switches for his car, and i wanted his blue led switches so we swapped, i took apart all the doors, swapped them in and out and put the cars back together, his front switches wouldnt turn on and he blamed me, which any person probably would have (keep reading)
however, it turns out, that they didnt work because he had disconnected his dimmer switch which controls the front switches
he messages me one day and says i took to car to the dealer and u owe me 160 bucks, without first confronting me about the problem and finding a better way to resolve the situation (btw i remember reading in this thread something very similar about someone not coming to you when u messed up joe, and secondly, if i had of really broken his car i would have paid for it)
anyways, i refused to pay for it, first because i knew i didnt do anything wrong, and secondly because he didnt confront me about it before fixing it
then he said, well just give me back my leds and we are even
now who is gonna forget about 160 dollars just to get lights back, that arent worth that much
anyways, after investigating with some other friends, it turns out that he was planning on gettin them back, and selling them to a friend of mine, who was not going to be a ***** and take them from me, and this is why he told me
i told joe he was a **** and that i knew he was lying, and said he was drunk when he talked to me

now is this someone that you guys want to deal with?
ive heard other stuff about him but im not gonna post it here, anyone thats wants to know this other stuff can pm me, but i cant confirm it, although i know others who can
Hey chill dude, the reason I didn't confront you in person is becuase it was a joke, don't you know what a joke is? To this day I never asked you for the leds or the $160 back because I never went to a dealer, and yes the dimmer switch was disconnected, (It was about an hour I would say I did not notice that switch off when I stared to panic the switches wen't operating propery), on top of that I wasn't drunk when I told igor what I was doing, I told him I was going to play a joke on Matt! So if you want to tell people about that fine, I am sorry you didn't take it as a joke, I liked you Matt, and I wish we could have been friends, I mean why would we both take a risk of ruining your fenders if you didn't trust me, I don't know man it is your call.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:11 AM

So is this my climate control you will be sending me? These smaller led holders you have are these the stock ones? I will send you back the climate control i have now with the meatal holders.
The climate control I will be sending on Thursday will be the other one you sent me, it has the holes untouched, and the bulbs are in there still I belive, but what I was talking about was I have these new plastic led holders, they are small and hold 5mm leds, and I think would fit way better in the climate control without much modification, let me know, and I will ship this climate control before you have to send the other one back, no problem.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:51 AM

Everytime someone posts I get more and more annoyed with how much of a jaka$$ JosephMaxima96 is.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:41 AM
4th Gen Parts King

The climate control I will be sending on Thursday will be the other one you sent me, it has the holes untouched, and the bulbs are in there still I belive, but what I was talking about was I have these new plastic led holders, they are small and hold 5mm leds, and I think would fit way better in the climate control without much modification, let me know, and I will ship this climate control before you have to send the other one back, no problem.
PLease send me back my origanal one with the orignal light holders.They work just fine for mounting the leds.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:08 AM

toplinemaxima Everytime someone posts I get more and more annoyed with how much of a jaka$$ JosephMaxima96 is
I get more and more annoyed everytime you and you newbie click friends come in here and bash on this guy. Did you get work done by him? Do you have a legimate complaint? Or is everything you have to say about things that you and your buddies have heard? The guy has done great work for most people that have responded except for fanaticrockford. He looks as though he is takin care of that problem as well, so get off the guy's back unless you have something important to say. If you had work done by him and he messed it up then you have the right to say something if not then just stfu already, we got the point you and your buddies don't like him. But for some of us like his work and will be going back to him for more!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:49 AM

New to Maxima.org does not make me new to the car world and forums. The guy's a moron and deserves to be called out on it.

PS- I don't have any buddies on the org that I speak to, so my posts are not in conjunction with anyone elses
Old 01-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This sounds like kids fighting. Fanatic has a legit complaint, I would be furious also.
Dallas0593 I am not sure why you are getting upset by other people's post. A forum is just for this, this is the BUYER/SELLER FEEDBACK portion.

When reading post as such it's a little disturbing that people make claims that they cannot keep. As you can see from the quote I captured Joseph stated that everything was working when it shipped out, then on his other post he states that he must have put on an LED backwards. How could you possible be assured that everything worked when you shipped it out, because if you know anything about electronics a DIODE will not allow current to pass when reversed, so obviously you did not test them.
I think what you offered to the ORG community was a great service, but you have to be fair and honest. Don't claim services that you cannot produce, this is exactly what happens, then the next honest person that comes along and tries to startup a service will not be welcomed as he/she should. I would have asked for the full $60 refund back as the service was not what you promised and Fanatic had to take his time to fix the issue, which it sounds like what he wanted to avoid, this is why he paid you. This is just my opinion and hopefully you change the way you do business.

THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID FIRST
I am sorry that these things are not working for you, I know it was all working when shipped out, and we could have talked to resolve this problem........
THEN YOU SAID
Well I have harnesses for all of the switches I sell, and I must have put the led on backwards like you stated, honest mistake, I must have mixed some leds too, sorry for everything man.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:26 PM

That's correct Dohcser this is a BUYER/SELLER FEEDBACK Section. So people that have not purchased something from joesph shouldn't be posting here at all. Nothing is worse then someone posting "yea my freind has a freind who said this guy sucks" or something to that extent. If you bought something from ANYONE and it's messed up you have a right to complain but don't go posting about "Stories" that you have heard. With all the posts in this particular topic there was 1 person that had a problem and 2 people that said his work was good, yet there are 64 replies telling all kinds of stories and pictures putting this guy down, it just ain't right.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:58 PM

i can vouge for joe's work he did my ignition light and dome light he did a great job everything works great. yes i was helping him with the tail lights too and yes he admited he was in over his head. this thread is for people who have bought from him if you haven't then **** off like dallas said. he is trying his hardest to right his wrongs. if you don't know him or have not dealt with him this thread is not for you and i think you deserve a temporary ban imo.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:58 AM

Old 02-27-2005, 07:24 AM
NvDakid

well i seen joe did do some good work, but for the rest of us that have sent him our tails no way, its been a month know thats hes tryin to fix the tailights he sent to me they dont work, one theyre all cracked half the leds go on and off
i blew like 5 fuses already com on we paid him and all we get back is broken tails n messed up led work and out 200 bucks wtf

Old 02-27-2005, 07:59 PM

i dunno if hes gonna respond to anything on the org any more. I also got screwed by him with some heated seat switches, but before things went bad between us, he pm'd me and wrote...

"I am no longer going to be on the org, I have been given a bad name on here and have decided to leave totally, please keep in touch with me through email, Joe1203800@yahoo.com and I will try and find you new switches alright? I am sorry this happened but this is for the best."

...and so far, no new switches or refund. this has been about a month now.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:10 AM
NvDakid

lets take a road trip hunt him down

Old 03-10-2005, 07:36 AM

Round up the posse!!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:53 AM

I think you all should stick to pm's I can feel this thread getting locked up pretty soon.