Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Got screwed by JosephMaxima96

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Got screwed by JosephMaxima96

A couple of months ago, I purchased a set of heated seat switches and harnesses for $35 from this fool. When I received them, the switches were broken and full of sticky crap, he couldnt even clean them up before sending them to me. I emailed him about this and he said they were fine when he sent them out (but there wasnt any broken pieces in the box). After a few days going back and forth with each other, he said he would send new ones to me and I could pay him $20 more after I got the new ones. Almost three weeks went by and I decided to get ahold of him again. He told me to pay him and hell send them out. I said I was to get the switches first, then pay him (this was his idea to send them to me first). Now he changes his mind and says the new deal is to send him the harnesses and hell refund me back $30, which isnt all of my money. What a b!tch. He claims hes not on the org any longer, but I thaught i would post this just in case he comes back through another name or something.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:40 PM

have you checked to see if he has posted lately? i would say that to get refunded 30.00 is better than nothing, but then again he might just keep the money. sorry to hear about your luck man
Old 02-20-2005, 02:18 PM

make him send you the $$$..then you send him the stuff back. im sure if you send the stuff back first you will have wasted $ on shipping.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:20 PM

Yeah this guy is an idiot. I had sent him my complete set of stock tails, 200 amber, 200 Red, 100 White LEDs, with resistors so that he can do the LED taillights. He took forever to send me a pic of his progress. And claimed that I was bothering him because I wanted to know how it was going( I emailed him twice and Pm'd him twice within a 2 weeks span), when he claimed that he would be done with them in 2-3 days.
Then he finally admitted the he was a dumb*** and didnt know shiet about making LED tails. When he finally got around to sending my stock tails back to me he sent me cracked tails. Im tellin you every part, out of the four seperate pieces was cracked in each corner. Worst thing is that he sent me back my LED's too, but they were scattered all over the bottom of the box, and stuck on that black glue that on the back of the tails. I had sent them to him in a separate little box with each color of LED in its own baggie and labeled. How the **** was I suppose to figure out which LED was what color? Was he expecting me to test each and every LED to determine their colors? This guy is a Fcu-king idiot and I hope that someone beats the shiet out of him.
I still get pissed everytime I think about what happened. If anyone needs his address just pm and I'll give it to you.

He probaly is on with another username
Old 02-20-2005, 08:18 PM

I already sent him back the broken switches and he was supposed to send me back new ones he had in his car. when I was to get the new ones, then he said I could pay him another $20. Well now he wants me to pay him first, and thats not gonna happen. I told him he was to send the new ones first, which was his idea. Now he says the deal is off and the new deal is to send back the harness and hell refund me $30. Screw that!! Ill just take my losses with $35 instead of $55. This dude needs his a$$ beat!!
Old 02-20-2005, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sentinal
Yeah this guy is an idiot. I had sent him my complete set of stock tails, 200 amber, 200 Red, 100 White LEDs, with resistors so that he can do the LED taillights. He took forever to send me a pic of his progress. And claimed that I was bothering him because I wanted to know how it was going( I emailed him twice and Pm'd him twice within a 2 weeks span), when he claimed that he would be done with them in 2-3 days.
Then he finally admitted the he was a dumb*** and didnt know shiet about making LED tails. When he finally got around to sending my stock tails back to me he sent me cracked tails. Im tellin you every part, out of the four seperate pieces was cracked in each corner. Worst thing is that he sent me back my LED's too, but they were scattered all over the bottom of the box, and stuck on that black glue that on the back of the tails. I had sent them to him in a separate little box with each color of LED in its own baggie and labeled. How the **** was I suppose to figure out which LED was what color? Was he expecting me to test each and every LED to determine their colors? This guy is a Fcu-king idiot and I hope that someone beats the shiet out of him.
I still get pissed everytime I think about what happened. If anyone needs his address just pm and I'll give it to you.

He probaly is on with another username
This fool is no longer at the address you probably have. Its an apartment address, right? Well he claims to have moved a couple of weeks ago. Well I hope someone tracks him down so he can get the $hit kicked out of him!!
Old 02-20-2005, 08:34 PM

what was his previous address
Old 02-20-2005, 08:57 PM

i no longer have his address, but hes in phoenix, arizona.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by roofadoofalus
what was his previous address
I dont know if I can get in trouble for posting it publicly but I can PM it to you if you want.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:03 AM

you wont get in trouble
Old 02-23-2005, 08:56 PM

I have his email address if anyone wants to send him a virus..
Old 02-24-2005, 01:33 AM

Wasn't this the guy that was offering his LED services? While his deal was going on, he would always ask me questions about my write-ups on AIM and what not. Seems like he's giving a service which he's not really good at.

On his F/S thread, there weren't even any pictures posted of his own "finished" tails and you sent him your tails anyway? Please remember that this is still an internet forum. I also haven't seen him online lately.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:09 AM

Old 02-27-2005, 12:29 AM

His address is (drumroll)...............

Joseph Grooms
1814 East Bell Rd. #1011
Phoenix,AZ 85022

Go!Go!Go!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:17 AM
NvDakid

a friend of mind also sent him tailight they dont even work,we sent him a complete mint set of tails they come bake broken wires werent even connected properly blew 5 fuses leds out com on bro

Old 02-27-2005, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sentinal
His address is (drumroll)...............

Joseph Grooms
1814 East Bell Rd. #1011
Phoenix,AZ 85022

Go!Go!Go!

he doesnt live their anymore, so he claims. when i sent back the broken switches a few weeks ago, he told me to hurry cause he was in the process of moving.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:49 AM
NvDakid

if he moved u can call the post office in az say a friend joseph groom moved from this addres can u get me his current addres and ull get it lets get this flamor

Old 03-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

I had a problem with him, but I resolved it after I tracked him down and hounded him over the phone. This was about a year ago.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:10 AM
NvDakid

lets take a road trip hunt him down

Old 03-10-2005, 07:38 AM

Get out the torches and pitchforks!!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:56 AM

Funny how there is just another thread going on about him... I guess he's the next tommy ali.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:23 PM

phen- how did you go about tracking him down? i have the address and phone number of a guy that ripped me off, but dont know how to go about it. the authorities dont care, ive tried dealing with them. he lives in bronx, and im in FL. any advice would be appreciated
Old 03-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

I used the address on the paypal account, and at the time I was working for the dept of homeland security, which made the investigation a bit easier...
Old 03-27-2005, 04:00 AM
cefiro_max99

Hmm when i do dealings i get peoples work number i usually ask for 2 numbers HOUSE or WORK, if no work,house phone. lets make max.org safer!

Old 03-27-2005, 09:15 PM

I almost bought a complete 5spd conversion from him, money in hand and all. After he refused to show me pics, and refused to answer various AIM messages and PM's, decided that he is a lying SOB.

NEXT
Old 03-28-2005, 03:15 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

I actually spoke to him on the phone before sending him payment, then I finally just made him refund the money by threatening law enforcement involvement if I did not get the item or a refund.

I got the refund.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:40 AM

How did you pay him? Did you use paypal? If so, you can report him and that the product you sent him did not come back as it should have and they will do an investigation. Not sure about the process that paypal goes through. I'm sure that he is still doing underhanded business under a new name so paypal should have his info. Good luck w/ this situation and just be very careful when dealing with members here. Most are good but there's always a bad apple in the bunch. Check customer feedback as well to see what kind of past experiences others have had with who you're considering buying from.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:04 PM
SLOW

This joker was trying to buy my turbo kit when I had it for sale. He IMd me saying he would definately buy it, but money talks so I waited a bit. Didnt hear back from him. IMd him a few times and he would say "oh yeah man, definately. but i gotta go now so i will talk to you later" and then sign off. total flake, a real toolbox. hope these things work ouy for you guys who were scammed.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:49 PM

Old 04-24-2005, 10:49 PM

has anyone wondered what happened to him?

click me
Old 04-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Custom Molding King!

Hi I am Killer95max I use to be Josephmaxima96 on this org prior to bad experences going on because of my stupid actions, right now I am working on clearing all matters I left behind me such as this scamming case, I have contacted digdug555 directly for a full refund and interest plus paypal fees, or offering a perfectly good set of newer heated seat switches, anyone on here you can flame me all you want, I am just here to set things straight with digdug and I am also working with NvDakid personally to replace all led taillights for him free of charge, (I have advanced with the making of led taillights very much to produce actual quality taillights with no flaws in them) if there were any other problems I have had with anyone what so ever please feel free to PM me and I will clear up any problems that you may have had with me in the past, let me know what I can do to help you, thank you for your time.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:56 PM

Working with Joe on a lot of things - Should be better

I've been working with Joe over the past three months, revamping his LED design, soldering skills etc. including dealing with customers.

I don't know what he's done in the past, appears that he has a bad reputation here. Hopefully that can get cleaned up as I've been giving Joe some assistance in the "customer service" areas regarding doing business with consumers in person and online. I see he's making a conscious effort on resolving those. Hopefully they can get squared away quickly.

I am not in business with Joe, but I can tell you what I've spent so far. Close to $300 in LEDs, $300 in housings, $100 in shipping fees etc for prototyping a new design. Along with that I've been helping him revamp his production method.

I hope this is a new start for him on this forum and that he can take care of all his previous seller/buyer issues experienced in the past.

I've been in communication with Joe daily over the past three months, both on AIM on the phone. I have all of his up to date verified contact info and often talk to him in his office. At this point he can't run anywhere with my money and after all the time and energy he's put into the new design, I don't think he will.

I will be receiving my new tails in about 4 weeks, at which point I'll be putting up full pics and descriptions.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:19 AM

Ive been in contact with Joeseph for the last hour thru P.M. Hopefully things are worked out between us. He says he's sending me pics of the switches he owes me to verify that they are not broken, even pics that theyre in working order. ill wait for the pics which he will send Tuesday. And when I actaully get the switches, then I'll reavaluate my dealings/business with him. Hopefully this will be good news for me, him, and everyone else he's dealt with because he told me he's trying to patch up every bad transaction with other org members. we just have to wait and see.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Killer95max
Hi I am Killer95max I use to be Josephmaxima96 on this org prior to bad experences going on because of my stupid actions, right now I am working on clearing all matters I left behind me such as this scamming case, I have contacted digdug555 directly for a full refund and interest plus paypal fees, or offering a perfectly good set of newer heated seat switches, anyone on here you can flame me all you want, I am just here to set things straight with digdug and I am also working with NvDakid personally to replace all led taillights for him free of charge, (I have advanced with the making of led taillights very much to produce actual quality taillights with no flaws in them) if there were any other problems I have had with anyone what so ever please feel free to PM me and I will clear up any problems that you may have had with me in the past, let me know what I can do to help you, thank you for your time.
Can I have the taillights that I had sent you? The ones you sent back to me were cracked. I know they were not mine. And the LEDs that you sent back to me were scattered all over the box. Remember that they are all clear and I cant tell which ones are which (red/amber/white). Some of them even spilled during shipping because you didnt tape up the bottom part of the box and there was a hole in the middle bottom part of the box. Let me know if there is anything you can do for me, in regards to sending me back my original tails and something about the LED's

BTW: My username was 98maxgle when I did that transactions with you
Old 04-30-2005, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Killer95max
Whatever happened to my fogs u was going to send me when u found them? 97-99
Old 04-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Custom Molding King!

I gave you a $50 refund and that was that, i didnt know I still had to find you a new fog light too!
Old 05-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

At least he had the integrity to show up in here. Hopefully this will all work out.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:47 PM

Well its been like 4ever and supposedly Killer95max says he was sending me some seat switches and even sent me pics of them. Well then he changes his mind and says he didnt want to take them out of his car: "I cant bear to mess with my car"

Then he says he was refunding part of my money because I paid him $35 for switches and harnesses, and only received the harnesses.Thats bull$hit, I should get all of it back with all the crap he put me through.

Well now I havent even seen my partial refund like he promised. Whats wrong with this joker? He comes to me saying he wants to make things right between us then disappears. I believe Ive been patient long enough before calling him out again. I dont expect to see my money. So Killer95max, you know where you can stick that money!!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Custom Molding King!

Well this issue should now be resolved, I will know how things turn out when he gets the package Friday or so, no hard feelings, sorry it took so long, no reason why it should have taken as long as it did, and hopfully your happy with the results, let me know.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:04 PM

any updates?

Quick Reply: Got screwed by JosephMaxima96