Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Got Scammed By An Org Member

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by 89s13
He can't for two reasons, A) Its an A/T. B) He bought every bolt on from Pep-Boys that he could get his cheap lil hands on, including his racing seat air freshener.

As far as the whole topic goes. You cant fight anything through paypal that was not ebay certified. They will investigate and he might get some money back but they dont care about car parts so they will look at the pictures and see that every angle was taken and prolly give him his shipping back. Why is everyone getting off subject and bashing john for his ride?? Not everyone in the sport is a big engine buff, hell most of us do it for the scene and the shows and for the "show" aspect of it.
As far as bashing the store goes, that just shouldnt be brought up! The store never did anything to any of you. I am still trying to comprehend this whole thing. Let the two of them have it out and let the dust settle. You guys arent making anything go easier.
dude i dont understand where you coming from? with one post you come in here telling people to leave them alone? obviously something hasent worked out in the transaction, what else is EL supposed to do? i think you are entitled to your own opnion, but remember that John represents his ENTIRE team, not just himself. "unsportsmanlike conduct" should be punished, even if his site suffers the penalities for his stubborness and deception.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I am looking to sell a set of OEM Nissan 2002-2003 Maxima Headlight Housings.
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Listen, I sent you numerous pictures of the housings (front, back, sides, all angles). You saw exactly what you were paying for and recieving. Nothing more, nothing less. Those housings were in great condition, and I stated that they were used. As far as depo or oem, I did not know there was a difference. All I know is that they came off a 2002 maxima.......................................I tried to offer them to an org. member to be a nice guy, and I get screwed... Don't bash my name, I didn't bash yours!!!
Originally Posted by 89s13
As far as bashing the store goes, that just shouldnt be brought up! The store never did anything to any of you.
[/email][/QUOTE]
B.S. I will bash the store....Look at his previous posts...Most of them he's representing the store..If he treats us org's like this then as a rep of the store it makes it look BAD....
Lets assume it was just a mistake...Which we all know that he knew he wasn't selling OEM and probably had a laugh when other's looked at the pic and thought they where OEM...But lets assume it was a mistake...
I will involve the store because his previous posts and sig affiliates HIM with the STORE. So the store is crap and he is crap
Old 01-30-2006, 05:57 PM

Bottom line, if you didn't burn me, then give me my money back. Keep the $40 that you charged me for the actual $26 shipping charge. Keep the $5 that I gave you to cover any transaction fees and just return the $250.00 to my paypal account. I will then ship the lights back to you at my expense.

Why wouldn't you do this unless you truly are scamming me. You are still going to make $14.00 out of this deal.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Solutions to all...
BigJohn refund his money and show How good aof a seller you are........my .02
Old 01-30-2006, 06:05 PM

He's a rep of the store...
Find out who the store sponsors and e-mail all of them with what happened..Don't lie though otherwise your looking at slander..
Point them to this thread....Join every single last forum they sponsor and every single last forum that has a rep of www.hyperimports.com as a member and start a post saying "has anyone else been ripped off from one of www.hyperimports.com representatives??? As long as you make it clear it was a transaction between you and one of hyper's reps not hyper itself they will not be able to get you for slander or anything else...
This will without a doubt make www.hyperimports.com pressure "BigJohn" into refunding your money. S*it rolls down hill...At the very least it will leave a sour taste in other peoples mouth and feel somewhat gratifying.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:15 PM

If you want let me know.. I will do a little research for you....Hate to see a fellow orger get jipped.
You could start by checking these sites to see if they sponsor and throw up ads for hyperimports
www.speedoptions.com
www.grounddynamics.com
www.visracing.com
www.carandmodel.com
www.buyspoilers.com
www.adrwheels.com
www.genxwheels.com
www.davinwheels.com
www.verticaldoors.com
Also go to www.cardomain.com and see who has www.hyperimports.com in there profile, then see if the same domain sites have a link to any forums they may be a member of....Good place to start....
Old 01-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by Edward Lee
Can't do that, Payapal! I don't think that they protect any purchase outside of Ebay.
i was saying cancel the payment to paypal from your credit card, paypal doesnt go directly from your bank so its the same thing as charging a banana on your credit card. o and by the way, how are you guys planning to bash their store? all they have is a bunch of chrome 90" wheels that nobody wants anyway.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:31 PM

Won't work hooper...Nice Try though... He has a tracking # and an item was shipped...Wouldn't matter if it was a box of rocks. (Unless there where more problems with the company or He could prove it.)

I say if he wants to play, then play.....Then again I'm the wrong person to jip..
Old 01-30-2006, 06:35 PM

I am pretty familiar with law and know that John and I entered into a contract to sell me a set of 2002 OEM Nissan Headlamp housings. He voided that contract by defrauding me into thinking that the housings were OEM. It doesn't matter that he didn't know, he is still liable under law. Fraud renders a contract voidable. The only difference between him knowing and not knowing is there can be no punitive damages awarded to the plaintiff if he didn't know.

That being said, all other issues are irrelevant and will have no bearing on me getting my money back when I have to take this person to court, which I may do since I have another 8 weeks off of work. I am going to check some of the details of court costs to see if my plane fare and room would be covered if I were to win (which I will). Good luck John, you're gonna need it.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:38 PM

Print this thead immediately, before he deletes his posts about six. It truely shows his character, and his I-rate posts will look bad.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:38 PM
大陆弟弟

Someone post pic sof the lights plz...
Old 01-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Hoooper

Old 01-30-2006, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by n3985

Someone post pic sof the lights plz...
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

These are the pics that I received from John. I can take my own which would show the blems and water droplets more than what you see here, but that is not the issue and i would have gladly taken the housings and their imperfections if they were OEM.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:25 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
It does not look good for the .org if the hottest thread in the 5th gen forum is 'I got scammed'
...................... but he got scammed

He already stated he's not offering a refund, so that means he's a lying no good piece of ****, and everyone should know to avoid team liar from lying imports.com

Ad says OEM........ return his money or be known as a *****face liar for screwing him. Take your pick.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:26 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-30-2006, 09:28 PM
It's chrome alright...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/ftheusername/bbb_010.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/ftheusername/bbb_012.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/ftheusername/hed_007.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/ftheusername/hed_002.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

These are the pics that I received from John. I can take my own which would show the blems and water droplets more than what you see here, but that is not the issue and i would have gladly taken the housings and their imperfections if they were OEM.
Where is the word DEPO "clearly visible" in these pictures?

Looking more and more like BigJohn is a ****ing **** for screwing an org member.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:41 PM

It's not easy to see. You have to download the pic, then enlarge it top see it. It isn't easily visible, but it's there if you work at it. John was hoping that I wouldn't do that and he was right, I didn't enlarge the pics and therefore I missed that little Depo mark.

It's really hard to get the plastic housing imperfections to come out in pictures due to all the reflections. John may or may not have been able to do a better job. I tried earlier today with my digital Nikon with my telephoto lens set to macro and had a little better results but my battery died. I'll try again in the morning.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
It's chrome alright...

You have to download the pic, then enlarge it top see it.
great...so someone posts "OEM" and sends pics that you have to run through a photo cleaner before you can "barely make out" the word that indicates it's not OEM.

Douchebag, return his money.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:04 PM
wat

All this over $250? Refund the money...pretty simple. Anyone not willing to refund money on ANY sale is just being a d!ck.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:22 PM

wait i have a question..so they arent OEM..but do they fit snuggly?
Old 01-31-2006, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by PafthyFanatic
Hey guys, I have a quick question. What is the difference between the "depo" and the "oem"? I dont want to interupt anything but I myself dont know the diff. and would like to be informed. Can these headlights not fit? Someone let me know.
Thanks,
Jay
Way to hijack the thread noob. OEM refers to original equipment meaning they are the same exact lights you would get from Nissan. The depot lights are replicas of these lights. They look the same, but use different parts and from what I have heard, do not perform as well as OEM.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:50 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Also, aside from possible differences. OEM dictates a certain prices level. I imagine DEPO and OEM price out fairly differently. So not only is it not OEM, its a misrepresentation of value as well. When I am looking for parts for my car, I look OEM (for most things). DEPO <> OEM. I dont care if it fits just like a glove, its a different brand and it was NOT as advertised

What I dont understand is why he is allowed to have that huge advertisement as a sig? Is sprint receiving the appropriate monies? I bet not.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:10 AM
The Bulgarian Guy

It's amazing how business owners/managers don't care for screwing up their image for a small amount like $250....I see this happening so often.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:50 AM
The Bulgarian Guy

you're right...he actually said that it was an indipendant(sp?...sorry) sale on his own and the company has nothing to do with it....still, i have the feeling that the whole deal affects it somehow(judging by the responses of some members)...
Old 01-31-2006, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by PandaXpress
wait i have a question..so they arent OEM..but do they fit snuggly?
I haven't tried them out but they look like they will fit just the same as the OEM's. As far as the quality goes, the chrome is rough around the bezel where one would attach the rings. So if rings were to be attached, that problem would be solved. There is a run in the paint on the right light. The run is noticable from up close but not from a few feet away. It right where the low beam meets the parking and turn signal lights and is located on the low beam housing. The only other thing that I can see, that is not up to par, is at the bezels, where the chrome stops an the gray paint starts by. It's not a fine line but rather a transition. Other than these few flaws thay are not bad.

However, I am the picky, as you can see by my ranting and raving.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm needing a caw

If you aren't satisfied with the deal and if you don't think a resolution will be achieved, you can always post a negative feedback in his trader ratings. You can describe the problem and post this thread for others to see.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:51 AM
It's business time.

Just give him his f'ucking money back now!
Old 01-31-2006, 11:15 AM

I Edward Lee for the record am stating that I fully understand that Hyperimports.com did not have anything to do with the transaction between Mr. John J. Barros and myself.

However, in defense of everyone who has participated in this thread, Mr J. Barros displays a Hyperimports.com banner as his signature. Furthermore, Mr J. Barros did nothing to dissuade me into believing that he has no business affiliation with said Hyperimorts.com. It was only after the deal between Mr. Barros and myself went bad that he mentioned that the sale was between Mr. Barros and Edward Lee and had nothing to do with Hyperimports.com.

In fact, when asked if he could sell a set of 6k H3 HID's, Mr John J. Barros' reply was that he is in the business and could get me anything that I needed. This led me to believe that Mr. Barros was indeed an employee of Hyperimports.com

Mr. John J. Barros committed fraud in a contract between Edward Lee and John Barros for the sale of 2002 OEM Nissan Maxima Headlamp Housings. Mr. Barros, you need to return the money and save yourself from legal action. You could be liable for much more than the $295.00 that you took from me.

I am stepping put for a few hours and when I return I would like to see the money back in my paypal accont. I figure that it is about 2:30p.m. on your side and you have had ample time to get counsel and make your decision on what you're going to do. If it is not there when I return, I will commence legal action by downloading a form from your local small claims court and file it. You will be liable for my plane fare and my hotel while I am there in addition to any and all court costs and the original $295 that you defrauded from me. Good Luck in your decision.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I Edward Lee for the record am stating that I fully understand that Hyperimports.com did not have anything to do with the transaction between Mr. John J. Barros and myself.

However, in defense of everyone who has participated in this thread, Mr J. Barros displays a Hyperimports.com banner as his signature. Furthermore, Mr J. Barros did nothing to dissuade me into believing that he has no business affiliation with said Hyperimorts.com. It was only after the deal between Mr. Barros and myself went bad that he mentioned that the sale was between Mr. Barros and Edward Lee and had nothing to do with Hyperimports.com.

In fact, when asked if he could sell a set of 6k H3 HID's, Mr John J. Barros' reply was that he is in the business and could get me anything that I needed. This led me to believe that Mr. Barros was indeed an employee of Hyperimports.com

Mr. John J. Barros committed fraud in a contract between Edward Lee and John Barros for the sale of 2002 OEM Nissan Maxima Headlamp Housings. Mr. Barros, you need to return the money and save yourself from legal action. You could be liable for much more than the $295.00 that you took from me.

I am stepping put for a few hours and when I return I would like to see the money back in my paypal accont. I figure that it is about 2:30p.m. on your side and you have had ample time to get counsel and make your decision on what you're going to do. If it is not there when I return, I will commence legal action by downloading a form from your local small claims court and file it. You will be liable for my plane fare and my hotel while I am there in addition to any and all court costs and the original $295 that you defrauded from me. Good Luck in your decision.

nice. good luck
Old 01-31-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm needing a caw

Lawyers in small claims court?

From a bussiness aspect that was the right thing to do from Mr. Lee. But, and I am NOT 100% possitive, I am not sure that any of this would even be seen by small claims court. The lawyers will prolly advise that it be handled outside of court if possible. As far as who will win, I am not sure. They both have sufficient evidence that could go either way. I am not trying to take sides, just state my opinion.
Jay
Old 01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
It's chrome alright...

ed lee, did you paypal money directly from your account, or did you use paypal and put in your credit card number? If you put in your CC and paypaled money to him that way, PM me.

My wife works for Visa in the chargeback area as a compliant officer, and she says you can get your CC to reverse the charges *and* get him an extra $40 fee tacked on his next bill for ****ing with you like this...not only will you get your money back, but he'll lose $40 on top of that (and if I was you I'd laugh like a little girl if that happened).

Also, you *CAN* file a dispute with Paypal. Here:

(you may have to log in)
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...nIdentifyIssue

Follow the step-by-step for filing a dispute.

From a bussiness aspect that was the right thing to do from Mr. Lee. But, and I am NOT 100% possitive, I am not sure that any of this would even be seen by small claims court. The lawyers will prolly advise that it be handled outside of court if possible. As far as who will win, I am not sure. They both have sufficient evidence that could go either way. I am not trying to take sides, just state my opinion.
Jay
There is no lawyer for small claims. Anyone can file, and and anyone can sue anyone for any reason. If it's thrown out it's thrown out, but he can put in the papers for (usually) a $30 fee........ and he should.

Now the real question, are you BigJohn, or are you his friend? Six posts, all in this thread, all defending his douchebag move........ if you're not him you're just as pathetic.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
It's chrome alright...

you're a moran... you said you're
"...not sure that any of this would even be seen by small claims court. The lawyers will prolly advise"...
You CAN NOT bring a lawyer to small claims, so that's just about the dumbest statement possible, until this post.
What other court do you think a file for under $300 will go to. THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE. DUH! He sure in hell aint gonna take him to superior court in Providence. They will laugh.
Jay
Anyone can file in small claims. There are no lawyers involved. Each person goes and presents his case. If ed lee files and shows up, it will be heard.

Until then
Old 01-31-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm needing a caw

Why don't YOU think for a minute. THINK about how much a lawyer COSTS. Then think about the claims amount.
What other court do you think a file for under $300 will go to. THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE. DUH! He sure in hell aint gonna take him to superior court in Providence. They will laugh.
Jay
Old 01-31-2006, 01:09 PM

...Yes you can bring a lawyer into small claims court to represent you..Not that I would for this amount..But if he was to...and we was to win...then he can request that all costs be covered...including attorney fees....but yea..not really needed for $300.
This NOOB needs to quit hi jacking and go bmake his own post...I wonder how in the hell he found this post anyways..
oh wait he went to page two of the threads and clicked on a moved post that says "I got frauded" and entered it to only ask about lights...
Probably one of john's buddies...
As far as I'm concerned be checking his previous posts, (Which you could do if you donated) that he is only here for one reason. Buy/sell stuff...90% of his previous posts are links to hyperimports.com and selling stuff for them...
That, to me, affiliates him with www.hyperimports, even if indirectly.....No, they aren't held accountable for this transaction, HE IS, but reguardless bashing goes to him and his "team".. Enough factualy information flying around at other forums will undoubtadly get him his refund...and you can **ck off you newbie
I never did anything to you, and I prolly will not.
Jay
F**k off newbie.....or King sh*t or whatever your name is......
Actions speak louder than words, so I'll give you this promise......
If you don't get your money back I will help you find what other forums MEMBERS of www.hyperimports.com are members of and I'll go help you ask them if anyone else got jipped by one of there reps or captains or whatever. It will at THE VERY LEAST let them know to not make a transaction outside of the website. If it leaves a sour taste in there mouth against www.hyperimports.com, well, that's for them to decide on a person by person level.
let me know...I'm game..I hate peices of **it like this..
Old 01-31-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm needing a caw

Since you aren't a small claims court judge, I will say you will continue to have trouble to figure out who will win.

, I am having a hard time trying to figure out who will win.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:25 PM
It's chrome alright...

seriously, this kind of **** pisses me off.

ed lee, if you used your CC and you want your money back PM me. My wife will type in the exact words you need to use in order to

a) get your money back, and
b) get him charged $40 for ........ I think she said services not rendered or not as described or something... she'll write it up using big Visa words so the agent dings him $40 on his CC.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:27 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by 5thgenmaxima
...Yes you can bring a lawyer into small claims court to represent you
then it's state-by-state, because in NH you can't...the judge won't listen to a lawyer, only the parties involved and their witnesses
Old 01-31-2006, 01:30 PM
It's chrome alright...

It is quite obvious that I was wrong on that Lawyer statement, which you all have graciously told me. But does this line mean just seek guidence or seek some acutal law help?
It means he can ask his lawyer, his mom, clergy, or boyfriend....... it means talk to people to figure out what he's going to do.
But at the same time, I am having a hard time trying to figure out who will win.
small claims is less about the strict law and more about who is right. Given what we've seen here, ed lee may just have to print this thread and he'll win hands down.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:07 PM
† ErV †

So shouldnt the Independent sale be "independent"? Did the paypal account match up with ......whatever the name of the company is ( I cant find it in any posts, sorry ). Does the wesite say the owners name and did they write to the owner or report him to the owner? Being a bussiness owner myself (not in the car industry thankfully) I just think its wrong to automatically bash the company for something that they might not even know is occuring. Just had to say that. I am not defending this person for the choice they made but the company "IF" they didnt have anything to do with it.
Thanks,
Jay
you associate yourself with a company, you speak for that company, especially when you claim you are "leader" or whatever.. team captain gibberish.

wesite? please translate this from toddler to adult for me. thanks.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:24 PM

yes ed is right and John is wrong....You can "talk" all you want...
Give me the world Lee and I'll start digging...
your bud **cked with the wrong person... If you are still posting here in 2 months newbie I will appologize for talking crap to you, but my bet is once this is over you will disappear so STFU and go post somewhere else. Or buy these off of him.
I'm in a bad mood today...Me finding other forums he or other "team members" of your website are affiliated with and telling them what happened will give me a place to vent.....Just need the green light from Ed..

Quick Reply: Got Scammed By An Org Member