Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

cheated by blackmaxx96

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:38 AM
absoundlab

cheated by blackmaxx96

cheated by a site sponsor.

I bought a set of k sport coilovers from him.

I asked him if they come with the adjustment wrench and adjustment ***** and he said yes. I also asked him if any of the shocks were leaking and he said no.

I got them today and there is only one adjustment **** and now adjustment wrench.

And one of the rear shock is leaking.

I wouldnt recommend buying from blackmaxx96

you cant really tell from the picture but this is the shock that is leaking

Old 08-08-2007, 07:44 AM

wow.. that sucks... i feel your pain, cause i just got an led bulb that doesnt work.. but you should post this in the buyer/seller feedback forum though.. not here.. you're porbably gonna get flamed by the famous "vice squad"
Old 08-08-2007, 08:22 AM

blackmaxx runs GDs on D2s and SFCs. He has great feedbacks. You should definately give him a call or email him and work something out. i think he will do it since he has a good rep and he wouldnt want to mess up his chances of making more money on this org by selling fraudulently described merchandise.

common sense-wise i wouldnt do that. a few hundos to lose a few thousands in the long run... its just plain stupid.

i almost bought those k-sports too. good thing i didnt.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by maximo-SE
blackmaxx runs GDs on D2s and SFCs. He has great feedbacks. You should definately give him a call or email him and work something out. i think he will do it since he has a good rep and he wouldnt want to mess up his chances of making more money on this org by selling fraudulently described merchandise.

common sense-wise i wouldnt do that. a few hundos to lose a few thousands in the long run... its just plain stupid.

i almost bought those k-sports too. good thing i didnt.
same here dude
Old 08-08-2007, 12:01 PM
$$ Ballin on a Budget $$

Although it's a ****ed up deal, the one shock that's leaking will only cost a buck to replace. Does he have the warranty still on it? That's where I would check first. As far as the wrenchs and ****, check with him and see if he can't get you a set. I know the wrenchs are the same for D2's so that will work. The **** on the other hand might have to be ordered, but I don't know if they sell it separately.

Good luck man... Hope the best for ya.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:16 PM
absoundlab

thanx alot he said that he is sending the other **** and the wrench and he doesnt know anything about a leaking shock

Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 PM
$$ Ballin on a Budget $$

Does he have a warranty on them? If not then contact K-Sport and see about replacing the shock if it's blown.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:59 PM
absoundlab

they said its $100 to fix the leaking one. and I sent blackmaxx96 a message asking if they are still covered

Old 08-08-2007, 01:01 PM
$$ Ballin on a Budget $$

Good luck, how much did you pay for these if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
absoundlab

$540 shipped

Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 PM
$$ Ballin on a Budget $$

That's straight... plus the hundred, so long as nothing else comes up, you still got some good coilovers for a good price.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM
absoundlab

ya I understand what you are saying but the reason why im b1tching is because he told me they were mint and in good shape everything come with it and when i get them they are all sh1tty

Old 08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by absoundlab
ya I understand what you are saying but the reason why im b1tching is because he told me they were mint and in good shape everything come with it and when i get them they are all sh1tty
they could easily be damaged in shipping too..

I replied to the other post as well.. I know him personally, and I don't think he'd lie about a sale..
Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 PM
absoundlab

well I dont think they could get damaged in shipping.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:45 PM
I R The Law

well I dont think they could get damaged in shipping.
How would you know that they didn't get damaged during shipping? You do know that all shipping companies (people who work there) ususally throw **** around and could careless what happens cause it won't get back to them if they damaged it.

And before you even made this thread, did you try and contact blackmaxx?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:59 PM
absoundlab

i did contact him before I made this. also I know for a fact that it didnt get damaged when it got shipped. there is fluid all over one of the rear shocks and it is covered in dirt.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:11 PM
I R The Law

i did contact him before I made this. also I know for a fact that it didnt get damaged when it got shipped. there is fluid all over one of the rear shocks and it is covered in dirt.
If you did contact him before you made this thread. Then why the hell would you make a thread if you already contact him? Why bash somebody who you can actually contact?

Well if its used then of course its going to be covered in dirty. And it could have leaked oil all over the shock during the shipping. Which could mean why the shock has oil all over it as well as it being covered in dirt. What you have said isn't a valid point.

I'm not trying to defend him in anyway but being devils advocate.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:13 PM

If those struts usually survive for a year+ under a car... I doubt shipping is going to harm them.

Besides, anything that could damage a strut like that, would have destroyed the box and left visable marks on the strut and spring.

That strut was blown before it came off the car, the real smoking gun... Is the dirt crusted oil all over the strut.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by upstatemax
If those struts usually survive for a year+ under a car... I doubt shipping is going to harm them.

Besides, anything that could damage a strut like that, would have destroyed the box and left visable marks on the strut and spring.

That strut was blown before it came off the car, the real smoking gun... Is the dirt crusted oil all over the strut.
Very true but then again there are always those defective ones.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 PM
absoundlab

law you have no reson talking here. the oil is under the dirt. I could understand if the oil was on top of the dirt then yes it got damaged in the box. but thats not the case. and the box isnt damaged. so the shock was obviously leaking before he shipped it to me

Old 08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
There's never a day when something's not on sale

Look, I honestly don't appreciate the fact of you opening a paypal claim AND this thread before even trying to come to a resolution with me.
I understand that you're upset... But as I told you. both wrenches, and adjusting rods are being shipped to you.
I gave you nearly two weeks to completely pay me. I had these sitting in my friends garage waiting to be paid for them because I promised you that you could have them. You need to do more inspection on them before making any claims. I personally did not see any leaking on any of the struts what so ever, nor did they ride like they weren't in great shape. IF in-fact it does turn out to be blown I can get you one for really cheap, which of course, I will also cover.
If you had tried to come to me first before creating a stupid thread like this, I would've told you this same thing.
I'm an A+ seller on the .org, and in no way do I try to scam/screw someone over...
I should have just cleaned them myself before they were shipped out, rather than expecting my friend to follow through in doing so... but then again, they're used parts that go under the car, did you not expect them to be slightly dirty?

Michael
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 PM
I R The Law

I can be where ever I like. If you don't like it then oh well cause I don't give a flying fu'ck what you think.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 PM

law you have no reson talking here. the oil is under the dirt. I could understand if the oil was on top of the dirt then yes it got damaged in the box. but thats not the case. and the box isnt damaged. so the shock was obviously leaking before he shipped it to me

So everyone else that agreed with you and called me out can post but The Law can't???? He actually he has every right he wants. This is a PUBLIC thread that you willingly opened, so anyone that feels the need to do word their opinion on this situation they are more than welcome to.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by blackmaxx96
Actually he has every right he wants. This is a PUBLIC thread that you willingly opened, so anyone that feels the need to do word their opinion on this situation they are more than welcome to.
Thank you. I had my opinion and he didn't like it so he starts to bitc'h and moan.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:22 AM

WOW Just Wow. i think he should just give him a refund if not then try to get it replaced.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:32 AM

.......... this is being blown out of proportion. i think this should be solved between them two. all of you people should just stay out of it.

LOCK THIS THREAD!
Old 08-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by maximo-SE
.......... this is being blown out of proportion. i think this should be solved between them two. all of you people should just stay out of it.

LOCK THIS THREAD!
Absoundlab has a right to express his feelings that he has been cheated on a deal that went wrong, even in an effort to prevent the same thing from happening to someone else. This I believe in whole heartedly.

I also believe that in his doing so, he invites everyone and anyone (including The Law) to question WHY and HOW he was cheated, as people are not going to want to miss out on good deals for some random off-chance mishap that is unreasonably blamed on the seller.

It sounds to me as if the biggest issue here is whether or not Absound was ACTUALLY cheated? Obviously he feels that way, and has taken pictures that show inherently why he feels that way. However, by my standards, even if you get something out of the box that wasn't what you discussed for your money, you always need to give the seller the benefit of the doubt and bring the problem to their attention, and explain how what you got was not what you asked for. It is then the seller's responsibility to honor the original deal, and only when they refuse to honor that deal have you been cheated.

It sounds to me like absound didn't really try to resolve the problem with the seller before all of this . Could be wrong, but that appears what it is to me, and blackmaxx96 seems completely willing to do whatever he can to honor the original agreement...

I hope both of you can work this out... seems completely resolvable on both ends without things like this...
Old 08-09-2007, 12:11 PM

I also included a set of brand new isolators.
We will get the strut issue figured out immediately.

Mike

To those that still post and feel that he was cheated... Read everything and figure everything out before you jump to conclusions here. I've been selling on the .org for over three years now (as well as many other forums), and I've had nothing but very happy buyers... If there was an issue, I was quick to resolve them, just as I am doing so in this situation.

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:26 PM
$$ Ballin on a Budget $$

Good on you. Now there shouldn't be any complaints... just a thank you and locked up thread.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:30 PM
absoundlab

im still waiting for a resolution for the problem at hand

Old 08-09-2007, 12:49 PM

Just to clear up, I was not attacking blackmaxx96. But there was some BS getting thrown around and people just giving the OP a hard time for no reason.

I also think this was posted a bit to soon... But I also understand where the OP was coming from, he was prob really pi$$ed and just posted this out of reaction. He should also remember that they have been sitting in a wheel well for some time... They ARE NOT going to look brand new.

People make honest mistakes, as long as they take care of them...

Sounds to me like blackmaxx96 might have been in a rush and things got missed/goofed.

What can you do.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:53 PM
absoundlab

I know they are use and I know they arent going to look brand new but the fact of the matter is that I bought an item from him under the impression that they were used but in good shape not leaking not blown.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Law
I can be where ever I like. If you don't like it then oh well cause I don't give a flying fu'ck what you think.
'Thank you. I had my opinion and he didn't like it so he starts to bitc'h and moan'.

:attention
Old 08-09-2007, 11:41 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by i30krab
'Thank you. I had my opinion and he didn't like it so he starts to bitc'h and moan'.

:attention
And your in here cause......

And why you trying to stir up **** when everything already died down.....stupidass.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 AM

I know Mike personally! I would buy anything from him. His reputation is above reproach. I have also seen him try to handle this in a gentleman's manor.

Have you called him absoundlab?

I would want resolution immediately if I were in your shoes also. But, I would try to handle it privately instead of this way. At least I would handle it privately FIRST!

Mike, I know you're good for it! Still a great seller in my opinion.

And to the gentleman that inferred that delivery people don't give a rip about your packages, that isn't true, especially in my case. I deliver for a large firm and even in my carefulness, boxes can and often do fall on others below, sometimes causing the ones on the bottom to be crushed. This isn't an intentional act. Laws of nature........
Old 08-11-2007, 10:49 AM
absoundlab

if I had a number for him I would have called him but I dont. Also i've been sending his messages and now he wont responde.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:00 PM

How long are you giving him to respond?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:10 PM
absoundlab

the last time I sent him a message was 2 days ago

Old 08-12-2007, 01:33 AM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
And to the gentleman that inferred that delivery people don't give a rip about your packages, that isn't true, especially in my case. I deliver for a large firm and even in my carefulness, boxes can and often do fall on others below, sometimes causing the ones on the bottom to be crushed. This isn't an intentional act. Laws of nature........
I didn't say all people do it. All companies have those types of people but I never said any where in my post that all people who work at those companies do it.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:37 AM

No, but it was a generalized statement.

Quick Reply: cheated by blackmaxx96