Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

305BlackMax97 rips me off with lame excuse

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:09 PM

305BlackMax97 rips me off with lame excuse

Alexander sold me what he claimed was a functional SAFC. After recieving it weeks after purchasing it, i have tested it and called the manufacturer and the SAFC does not work. It doesnt even power on.
Alex is refusing me a refund because he claims it worked in his car and there is nothing he can do with a broken SAFC. He says that he is at a loss since he will have a SAFC he can not sell or use. Alex also has told me that he cant refund me because he spent the money.
Does this sound like bull**** to anyone else?
Paypal does not cover the condition of items (wtf?) only whether you recieve the item or not.

So now Alex has my 80 bucks which he is refusing to return to me in exchange for the broken SAFC that he sold to me.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:25 PM
retired moderator

hmm....

are you 100% sure that it is hooked up correctly and has a good ground?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 PM

yes i have checked it at least 4 times. I have used aligator clip-wires AND connected the grounds DIRECTLY to the negative while hooking up only the power with an aligator clip wire, just to be specific about it. I called apexi and confirmed, brown and black are grounds, red is power. I connected these wires accordingly, keeping the grounds seperated yet still grounded to the negative terminal. I checked that the connector harness was securely fastened together.
it just doesnt work. Whoever cut this from the car really did a hack job, the wires are all different lengths and one is even barely long enough to solder wire onto.
I wouldnt be surprised if someone tried to cut all these wires at the same time or shorted it out during removal.
He shipped it to me in a brown envelope lined with that thin bubble wrap. THATS IT. there was no other protection, he just stuck it in an envelope and shipped it. So there's another possibility that it was damaged during shipping.
No matter what the reason, I dont see why I should be the one out of luck. I paid for a working SAFC, so why should i settle with a non working one?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:41 PM
retired moderator

For what its worth, I agree with you. He should take it back.

Do you have a link to the original FS post?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:34 PM

Look bro just cause your pissed off doesnt mean you have to start with bull****. I told you that it was working on my maxima when i had it. Now its weird to me also that it doesnt turn on. So i know what i sent you and that final.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:59 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by 305BlackMax97
Look bro just cause your pissed off doesnt mean you have to start with bull****. I told you that it was working on my maxima when i had it. Now its weird to me also that it doesnt turn on. So i know what i sent you and that final.
You should have some class and atleast split the difference and give him half/part of his money back and he can return the unit to you.....

Most sellers around here stand behind the condition of the products/parts they sell and work with the buyer if there is a problem.....
Old 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
You should have some class and atleast split the difference and give him half/part of his money back and he can return the unit to you.....

Most sellers around here stand behind the condition of the products/parts they sell and work with the buyer if there is a problem.....
I understand that. But i know that i sold him a fully working safc. And i stand behind that. But im not gonna take a non working safc from someone if i know that the safc works. Plus how do i not know that he missed up the safc and is trying to get his money for something that he did. The point im trying to make is that the safc was working when i sent it out, and that im not going to refund him any money.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 PM

the original for sale thread is here:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=405736

I understand that. But i know that i sold him a fully working safc. And i stand behind that. But im not gonna take a non working safc from someone if i know that the safc works. Plus how do i not know that he missed up the safc and is trying to get his money for something that he did. The point im trying to make is that the safc was working when i sent it out, and that im not going to refund him any money.
Everytime I ask you if you checked the SAFC before you shipped it to me, you DO NOT ANSWER ME. So answer that question, did you test the SAFC to make sure it worked after removing it from the vehicle?!?!!

Thank you Irish for your support, this is a very frusterating situation for me...usually Orgers DO stand by their items like you said and are usually outstanding people who step up like men when confronted with such a problem. They can recognize when it is their responsibility.

Alex, I did not break the SAFC. I tested it and it didnt work. There is the possibility it got messed up in shipping since you so POORLY packaged it. It really goes to show how unprofessionally you do business.

Whats really sad about this situation is that you think this is acceptable. In your mind its perfectly okay that you keep this money and leave me with nothing. If you cared about your reputation you would refund me my money, whats 80 bucks when you have all that other stuff to sell? Im broke and in college, losing 80 bucks is a big deal, especially when its because somebody wants to be stubborn. Once again, keep in mind, I am not blaming you for INTENTIONALLY selling me something that is broken, but its your responsibility NONETHELESS to take care of your "product". If your going to do business like this you need to post in your original AD "ALL SALES FINAL" or even "SOLD AS IS". But you did neither of these things. This is how things work around here, and anywhere really.

Make a compromise, be a good person, and keep a respectable reputation. Meet me half way at least.

Last edited by chillin014; 09-19-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:23 AM

I have to play devil's advocate here. StreetzLegend, s0ber, and myself installed that SAFC on his car, and it indeed worked when we installed it, and I saw it working fine up until the last time I saw it a few months ago when the car got t-boned.

However, I do agree with Chillin that it may have been possible for it to have been shorted out if all the wires were cut in one cut or even during shipping. Something like an SAFC needs to be shipped ALOT better than just in a bubble envelope- very sensitive electronics there.

And Alex Jesus Christ watch your tone of voice. Everytime you get questioned on something you jump in defensive mode and make yourself look like an ubber scammer. You know damn well if it was YOU in his shoes you'd be b!tchin and moaning left and right to the whole world, he's keeping it civil here and trying to work something out with you. Its in your hands to make this work for the better.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:26 AM

I agree with ^^^

The safc was infact working when we installed it and it had been working all this time.

Alex, dont get offended when someone confronts you, just come to an agreement, no one is trying to scam you, and no one is trying to get cammed either.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:50 AM

thank you guys. Like I said, I never said he purposely sent me a non-working unit.

The car was t-boned, so did the SAFC work after the wreck? Either way, this is what we are faced with now. If anyone here thinks i'd rather have 80 bucks than a working SAFC your mistaken. I've been trying to tune my car for the longest time and I finally found a unit within my budget. When I told Alex it didnt work, he simply said "I cant refund you, I dont know what to tell you". I don't see how someone could feel okay with me getting nothing and them keeping my money. And then to say "dont trash my name" as if they deserve the feedback of a decent seller. First he said he wouldnt because its not his problem,then he said he wouldnt be cause he didnt want to be at a loss, then he said he couldnt because he spent the money.

I didnt leave you negative feed back Alex, because im waiting for you to come around.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:51 AM

and you know what. just so you dont think i'm incompetent or bullsh*tting you, im going to make a video after school today to show that i'm testing it and it doesnt work.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looking in from the outside presented with the facts, it seems like BlackMax is at fault, but there is an assumed risk when purchasing from other people you do not know.

The condition of the product was not clearly stated, and to me, saying that you do not have a camera for pictures is suspecious because it seems that you didn't want chillin to know about the markings on the SAFC. You are wrong here for doing that.

Then, BlackMax said when asked about installation if he did it himself, that,
Someone else installed it for me.
If someone else installed it for you, why didn't someone else uninstall it for you? If someone else installed it, that implies that you didn't know how to do it, and therefore, you didn't know how to uninstall it properly which would lead one to believe that it was broken during the uninstall.

I agree with irish's remedy of splitting the cost of the item and chillin should receive $40 from BlackMax. The reason I say this is because again, there is an assumed risk when purchasing from fellow members, especially when you do not get to physically see the product first. There is no real way to prove either of you right, and thats why I think there should be a split. I highly doubt people will deal again with BlackMax unless there is some correction on his part.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Devils Fan
Looking in from the outside presented with the facts, it seems like BlackMax is at fault, but there is an assumed risk when purchasing from other people you do not know.

The condition of the product was not clearly stated, and to me, saying that you do not have a camera for pictures is suspecious because it seems that you didn't want chillin to know about the markings on the SAFC. You are wrong here for doing that.

Then, BlackMax said when asked about installation if he did it himself, that,

If someone else installed it for you, why didn't someone else uninstall it for you? If someone else installed it, that implies that you didn't know how to do it, and therefore, you didn't know how to uninstall it properly which would lead one to believe that it was broken during the uninstall.

I agree with irish's remedy of splitting the cost of the item and chillin should receive $40 from BlackMax. The reason I say this is because again, there is an assumed risk when purchasing from fellow members, especially when you do not get to physically see the product first. There is no real way to prove either of you right, and thats why I think there should be a split. I highly doubt people will deal again with BlackMax unless there is some correction on his part.
Dude its not that hard to cut cables. Install is harder then uninstalling the safc.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
I agree with ^^^

The safc was infact working when we installed it and it had been working all this time.

Alex, dont get offended when someone confronts you, just come to an agreement, no one is trying to scam you, and no one is trying to get cammed either.
So what do you want me to do take a safc can i cant do anything with streetz. I cant sell it, i cant do anything with it, and then lose money also.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:40 AM

Dude, I'll have to agree with NJ Devils Fan, Chillin did take that RISK of buyin a product he did not see working prior to buying it.

But at the same time, even if you did uninstall it properly and all that, you sent it packaged basically with no protection. Its not a gasket for you to send in an envelope, its pretty sensitive electronics. Something like that needs to go in a box wrapped up in bubble wrap or that Styrofoam pop corn.

So really BOTH of you were negligent here. No one can prove anything, Chillin isnt sayin that you intentionally sent him a bad unit, because as far as you know, and as far as I myself know, that unit was working fine. But with little to no protection for shippin, anything could have happened to that thing, and thats you're mistake. The only fair thing to do is cut your looses and break the deal 50/50.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:55 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

So what do you want me to do take a safc can i cant do anything with streetz. I cant sell it, i cant do anything with it, and then lose money also.
It is entirely possible and very likely the safc you sold chillin was damaged when your car was t-boned,or damaged in shipping due to poor packaging,<--(chillin,some pics of the packaging it came in would help here).

I suggest in the future you test all parts(on a running car) you sell off of a car involved in a major accident before selling them,as some sensative electronic parts may have been damaged in the accident from impact,or from electrical shorts due to wires being pinched when a car is hit.

I you choose not to compensate chillin,so be it,but be prepared for bad feedback put in your itrader ratings,thus ruining your reputation as a good seller here= most likely no one will buy anymore parts from you ever again,which imo opinion would be worse than taking a small hit on this particular issue at hand here. Basically it's pay a little now,or pay alot later.

Last edited by Greeny; 09-20-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:00 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

That is a stupid, selfish statement. He gave you money for something that doesn't work. Flip it around, what is HE supposed to do with a SAFC that doesn't work? He is out money, and has an AFC that is broken. You want HIM to take all the loss for the broken item you sold him? gtfo

BTW, this is what insurance from the shipping agent, ie UPS, is for. IF the item was working before it was sent, and was broken in transit, it is up to 305BlackMax97 to file for a claim with UPS or whomever you shipped it through. Granted, it would have to be packaged correctly, and proof and the item working will likely be required, but the ball is still back in 305BlackMax97's court.

Last edited by mtrai760; 09-20-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
It is entirely possible and very likely the safc you old chillin was damaged when your car was t-boned,or damaged in shipping due to poor packaging,<--(chillin,some pics of the packaging it came in would help here).

I suggest in the future you test all parts(on a running car) you sell off of a car involved in a major accident before selling them,as some sensative electronic parts may have been damaged in the accident from impact,or from electrical shorts due to wires being pinched when a car is hit.

I you choose not to compensate chillin,so be it,but be prepared for bad feedback put in your itrader ratings,thus ruining your reputation as a good seller here= most likely no one will buy anymore parts from you ever again,which imo opinion would be worse than taking a small hit on this particular issue at hand here. Basically it's pay a little now,or pay alot later.
For everyone's info right after the car was hit i looked at everything inside the car specifically the safc and that safc was still working and on. The only thing i would do is give him part of the money not all of it. And also he would have to give me some time to get this money.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by mtrai760
That is a stupid, selfish statement. He gave you money for something that doesn't work. Flip it around, what is HE supposed to do with a SAFC that doesn't work? He is out money, and has an AFC that is broken. You want HIM to take all the loss for the broken item you sold him? gtfo

BTW, this is what insurance from the shipping agent, ie UPS, is for. IF the item was working before it was sent, and was broken in transit, it is up to 305BlackMax97 to file for a claim with UPS or whomever you shipped it through. Granted, it would have to be packaged correctly, and proof and the item working will likely be required, but the ball is still back in 305BlackMax97's court.
That is not a selfish statement. I lost my car i dont have money for another one. 2nd i dont have a job. 3th that damn safc was working perfect. I already stated that i would only give him part of the money.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:16 AM

Chillin if you want to talk about this pm me..
Old 09-20-2007, 10:47 AM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

For everyone's info right after the car was hit i looked at everything inside the car specifically the safc and that safc was still working and on.
So you specifically looked at THAT as opposed to anything else? Your wording on this sounds fishy, because it seems to me you never checked anything, and your mad he wants a refund. He took a risk, yes, but you need to be a man about it and backup your sale. Refund him 40.00, its just that simple.

I sold something recently, and the buyer claimed it wasnt even in the package when he got it. I didnt even argue it i gave him a FULL refund so i think the least you can do is give this guy a 50% refund. So you cant sell it again big f'n deal, sounds like a lucky break for the rest of us if u ask me.

Give him his money, jesus.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:59 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

For everyone's info right after the car was hit i looked at everything inside the car specifically the safc and that safc was still working and on. The only thing i would do is give him part of the money not all of it. And also he would have to give me some time to get this money.
So the first thing you did after the accident was look at the safc? ok,then the part most likely was damaged in shipping,in that case how well did you package the product? A box with bubble wrap?/a bubble envelope?/licked the stamp and stuck it on the safc?(again,chillin for pictures)

Either way,this is your reputation as a good seller on the line here,the ball is in your court.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 PM

thanks everyone for your support. I will post pictures very shortly, i just got home from school.
In that for sale thread Alex deleted the picture, but he DID have one posted. It did not show the unit powered up or anything, and it was extremely fuzzy cell phone quality. I asked questions and he gave me very vague response, but i figured he's saying it works, so it should work. Alex, you really dont have an argument man...open your eyes.
And by the way, you can most certainly cause problems when removing something electrical. All you gotta do is cut 2 wires at the same time or let anything touch and thats it. Correct me if im wrong but, the SAFC has no fuse, and since its hardwired in, there's nothing between the power and the safc to fry it.
Alex, I'm pming you, but STILL continuing in this thread.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:40 PM

okay here's pictures of the envelope. It appears that it was used before he used it to send the safc to me. There's old ripped off postage stickers. Here's also the hack-job on the harness, and the markings i was talking about in the for sale thread.

Alex is agreeing to pay me half but saying it could take 2 or more weeks....
Old 09-20-2007, 05:15 PM
retired moderator

ok, well let us know how it turns out.

until then, everyone take a breather.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
ok, well let us know how it turns out.

until then, everyone take a breather.
alright. I just wanted to thank you and everyone else for yalls help and support, this has been stressful for me...especially since paypal did not do anything.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:19 AM

im bumping this thread back up because im still waiting on the money. the 40 dollars.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:36 AM

it has been the 2 weeks he requested and now the date has changed to basically whenever.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:37 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by chillin014
it has been the 2 weeks he requested and now the date has changed to basically whenever.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=539977

Post#14
Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 AM

Wtf??? This is getting rediculous. Can anyone confirm that you have to have a credit card connected to paypal in order to sell things? He's acting like there is no way he can pay me, nobody he can borrow money from.

Thank you for that.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:14 AM

thanks everyone for your support. I will post pictures very shortly, i just got home from school.
In that for sale thread Alex deleted the picture, but he DID have one posted. It did not show the unit powered up or anything, and it was extremely fuzzy cell phone quality. I asked questions and he gave me very vague response, but i figured he's saying it works, so it should work..
i agree on that one.....i had seen the SAFC but becoz he was in FL i didn't wanna to deal with nething over paypal or having shipin involved..
Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 AM

this whole thing just pisses me off the more I think about it. I can already tell Alex is going to string me along for as long as he can probably hoping I'll forget. I sympathized for his situation by giving him the time he needed but this is getting drug out too long. This is is a prime example of why dealing on the internet is so damn sketchy. People who have no business sense can too easily sell something.
I was raised to realize when I'm at fault and make right of my wrong-doings. I can see a majority of the orgers share the same good morals but I guess it can't be expected of everyone. But that doesnt mean i'll excuse it.
How can you not come up with 40 bucks? at this point its the principle of the matter more than anything.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:03 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

Wtf??? This is getting rediculous. Can anyone confirm that you have to have a credit card connected to paypal in order to sell things? He's acting like there is no way he can pay me, nobody he can borrow money from.

Thank you for that.
You DO NOT need a CC linked to sell. You DO need a bank account linked IIRC. I cant remember if i linked my bank account for getting paid, or paying. In any event you can recieve money and complete sales without a CC. Personally i wont link a card to my PP i dont like or trust them.

Fact of the matter is that this has gone on long enough and i think the staff should step in and help you get your money back.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:08 PM

thanks scubasteve...your right its a bank account, and I think you need it to sell if I remember correctly.

2 weeks is enough for 40 bucks if you ask me. mow a couple lawns, collect loose change around the house, whatever...just give me the 40 dollars so I can move on with my life. I'm tired of the excuses.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM

Hold up. Know one here knows my money situation nor my family's. So do not come and say that im not trying to pay him back. Im selling my rims that i like alot that come off my new maxima to pay him back. Now when i asked for pictures of that lip it was to see how bad it was and if it could be fixed. And i was gonna get it after i paid chillin04.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

I dont think anyone said you werent trying, but it HAS been two weeks. You should have kept the money in the paypal account until he installed it, if nothing else to cover yourself. You did not, and after all this drama you again missed a deadline.

Last year i made money online when i had no job or income. I managed to make things right when needed, albeit rarely needed. Fix it, its just that simple. You shouldnt even be looking at the lip unless you have the money, and if you have the money, issue the refund on your previous obligations.

Personally i dont think members with outstanding issues like yours should even be allowed in the for sale boards until its fixed.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Hold up. Know one here knows my money situation nor my family's. So do not come and say that im not trying to pay him back. Im selling my rims that i like alot that come off my new maxima to pay him back. Now when i asked for pictures of that lip it was to see how bad it was and if it could be fixed. And i was gonna get it after i paid chillin04.

Quoting you for later.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Quoting you for later.
Quote me, write it down on paper, send a letter to the president saying what i said. He well have his money. Just give me more time. i dont know how long its gonna take but when i get it he will get his.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by scubasteve
I dont think anyone said you werent trying, but it HAS been two weeks. You should have kept the money in the paypal account until he installed it, if nothing else to cover yourself. You did not, and after all this drama you again missed a deadline.

Last year i made money online when i had no job or income. I managed to make things right when needed, albeit rarely needed. Fix it, its just that simple. You shouldnt even be looking at the lip unless you have the money, and if you have the money, issue the refund on your previous obligations.

Personally i dont think members with outstanding issues like yours should even be allowed in the for sale boards until its fixed.
Ok you make money with no job thats you. Im trying to do that. But things are not going my way. Now on the subject of the for sale boards that would not be right why because now im trying to sell something to pay him back.

Quick Reply: 305BlackMax97 rips me off with lame excuse