Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

KRRZ350 Forget Parts During Swaps

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Turbo 3.5

KRRZ350 Forget Parts During Swaps

KRRZ350 did a 5-speed swap on my car a few months ago and did a good job. The problem is that I used a very stiff clutch which puts alot of pressure on the clutch pedal and bolts. This would cause the clutch pedal assembly to flex alittle so under inspection I noticed that there was a bolt missing and the pedal was installed with only the 2 bolts going thur the firewall to the master cylinder. I installed the bolt and did not think anything more of it cause the problem was solved well it was not the case, cause there is also a brace that connects to the steering column, firewall, upper dash and clutch pedal to secure everything and make it solid. Since this brace was also missing after about a month the bolt came loose and cause the pin in the adjustment rod fork and spring to pop out. So with the help of another org member I got the brace from the junkyard but was not able to get a clutch pedal assembly so we put the pedal back together only to find out that the pedal assembly is broken.

So I call KRRZ350 to inform him of the problem and give him a chance to correct his mistake, so he did and offered to send me another pedal. Well after a week of waiting I got the pedal, opened to box and said WTF this is a brake pedal WTF am I going to do with a brake pedal. So now I feel like he is playing around cause for someone to do as much work on nissans as he says there is no way to mistake a clutch pedal for a brake pedal assembly **** my girlfriend even noticed it.

So just a FYI to all thats looking to get work done by KRRZ350 or anyone learn from me

BTW if anyone in the phila, pa area has a clutch assembly for sale pm me my car has been down for a week over this, if not I am just going to order a new pedal from the dealership tomorrow
Old 06-18-2008, 09:05 AM

i was gonna have him do my car too......
Old 06-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Turbo'd Saab

Have you contacted KRRZ350 that he sent you the wrong pedal. I'm sure he will correct it right away.

Doing a manual swap isn't exactly the most easy task in the world to do, there are going to be small things that are out of his control that will happen. He obviously tried to correct it by sending you a new part (being a computer parts person having to ship numerous things out on a daily basis, I make honest mistakes here and there), its an honest mistake. I'm sure he will make it right if you contact him.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:37 AM
VQ30 DE T

GTFO " brake pedal"
I knew something was wrong when he didnt overnight it
Man that sucks.
Yeah just buy one from the dealer & chalk it up.
Try dave b
Hang in there "honda drop" lol
Old 06-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Turbo 3.5

Originally Posted by DaveVQ
Have you contacted KRRZ350 that he sent you the wrong pedal. I'm sure he will correct it right away.

Doing a manual swap isn't exactly the most easy task in the world to do, there are going to be small things that are out of his control that will happen. He obviously tried to correct it by sending you a new part (being a computer parts person having to ship numerous things out on a daily basis, I make honest mistakes here and there), its an honest mistake. I'm sure he will make it right if you contact him.
I called him 3 times yesterday and left a message still no return call

I know doing a swap is hard and sometimes things happen, that way I did not even bother to call him when the clutch pedal was flexing due to the missing bolt. Now that brace is missing and the pedal is broken I did not fuss about it I bought the brace and even attemped to buy the pedal but when I could not get the pedal local I called him before I even posted or told anyone. I did not even mind waiting a week for the replacement pedal when others thought he should have shipped it faster and was willing to keep it between us but when I opened the box to see the wrong part I am like WTF this is my only vehicle right now and it's been down for a week

I mean if he did not have the part just tell me so I am not wasting time, now I have to order the part and wait another week.

Last edited by t6378tp; 06-18-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Turbo 3.5

Originally Posted by KyleFort32
i was gonna have him do my car too......
Well I gave him my car on friday night and got it back sunday afternoon and it was done. I even drove the car home from boston to philly without any problem you just have to make sure all the parts are there
Old 06-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Honest mistake sending the brake pedal, I was busy doing several other things when you first called and explained the situation, I told you I was on my way to fed-ex in about 1/2 hour and I would send it out fed-ex ground and you would see it tuesday or wednsday. I definitly dropped the ball though, both in not installing the bracket, and by sending the brake pedal, again I was busy shipping out 8 other e-bay items and I hurried over to a section where I had a complete 5-speed parts package and I foolishly grabbed a brake pedal.

But, you jumped the gun thomas, you called twice @ 10:30 pm on Tuesday night, I was already lying down away from my phone, and had to work for my dads company from 6:30-6:00 the next day. First chance I got, immediatly returned your call after hearing the message and was going to overnight a clutch pedal, looks like I might be to late. Return my call and let me know what you want to do, I have no qualms about paying you full Nissan retail if you already got a clutch-pedal, plus extra for your troubles, all I request in return is that you send me back both your old clutch pedal, as well as the brake pedal, at my expense of course, but even that isn't a big deal T.

Last edited by KRRZ350; 06-19-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Turbo 3.5

Originally Posted by KRRZ350
Honest mistake sending the brake pedal, I was busy doing several other things when you first called and explained the situation, I told you I was on my way to fed-ex in about 1/2 hour and I would send it out fed-ex ground and you would see it tuesday or wednsday. I definitly dropped the ball though, both in not installing the bracket, and by sending the brake pedal, again I was busy shipping out 8 other e-bay items and I hurried over to a section where I had a complete 5-speed parts package and I foolishly grabbed a brake pedal.
Like I stated earlier I was not worried about the shipping it was the fact of waiting a week for the wrong part.

But, you jumped the gun thomas, you called twice @ 10:30 pm on Tuesday night, I was already lying down away from my phone, and had to work for my dads company from 6:30-6:00 the next day. First chance I got, immediatly returned your call after hearing the message and was going to overnight a clutch pedal, looks like I might be to late. Return my call and let me know what you want to do, I have no qualms about paying you full Nissan retail if you already got a clutch-pedal, plus extra for your troubles, all I request in return is that you send me back both your old clutch pedal, as well as the brake pedal, at my expense of course, but even that isn't a big deal T.
I don't think I jumped the gun cause I called and left a message and calling and calling and calling someone is not going to fix my car. I need to make calls for parts at this point and when you hear the message either you will call back or you won't. The reason why I posted this is a FYI for others just think if I was not able to fix the car myself this could have been a 350-450 repair bill easy at a shop or dealership "tow, master cylinder, clutch pedal, labor".

I already have a pedal and not looking for anything extra, I just wanted a pedal and brace when I called since the pedal was broken and the brace was missing. But like we talked about earlier I paid 5.00 for the brace and 50.00 for the pedal, remember the old clutch pedal is jacked up but if you change your mind and still want it let me know.

Last edited by t6378tp; 06-19-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Turbo 3.5

so this is the finally outcome. I sent the brake pedal back and Kev paid the shipping and refunded me the money I spent to buy another clutch pedal
Old 07-12-2008, 06:46 PM
VQ30 DE T

Kool
Now Honda drop that b-----itch.
lol