Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Problems with Custom Maxima

Old 03-17-2010, 07:02 PM
No more Maximas...

Problems with Custom Maxima

On 02/25 I PMed Custom Maxima about the 4th gen catback they've got for $199.99 shipped in the GD section (here). Received a response fairly quickly, told them I'd be ordering one the next day.

Originally Posted by Custom Maxima
Originally Posted by pmohr
Hi, saw your thread in the GD section, was wondering if you have them in stock, and approximate shipping time to 37887?

Definitely interested in picking one up, thanks.
Yes, they are in stock and ready to ship. $199.99 is

the total price. I can have them ship tomorrow if you pay tonight. From there, you are looking at about 4-7 days. You can call me at (800) 306-8631. I'm in the office right now. Also, you can send payment to xportmodz2@yahoo.com via paypal.

Thanks!
Tom Schenk
CustomMaxima.com
Excellent. I'll be placing an order tomorrow (payday). Thanks again.
Sounds good! Thanks.

On 02/26 I sent the money to their xportmodz2@yahoo.com address, $199.99 as mentioned.

Following that I received no communication, shipping information, order status, etc from Custom Maxima.

On 03/11, I send them a PM to find out what's going on with my order, and hear back the next day (3/12, last Thursday), asking for more info. I reply that same day:

Looking for the status on my order, sent payment on the 26th of last month and haven't heard back. Thanks.
First and last name?
Paul Mohr, paid from pmohr@boredmder.com
Hearing nothing back yet, I PMed them again on Monday 3/15:

Looking for the status on my order, sent payment on the 26th of last month and haven't heard back. Thanks.
First and last name?
Any update on this? If it has not yet been shipped, I'd much rather receive a refund than have to wait for it to come in.
I have still yet to receive a response, 5 days after providing them with the information they need to check on my order.

Unfortunately due to my work schedule, calling them is not an option; working 11 hours a day, 5 days a week leads to little free time, and virtually zero during normal business hours.

If I do not receive my exhaust or a refund by this Friday (3/19), I will be filing a PayPal claim for item not received.

At this point I would much rather have the money back than to 'rep' a company with such negligent communication skills by having their product on my car. Especially when I can get a quality exhaust made for much cheaper locally, this time I thought I would give business to a company that supports the Maxima.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:16 PM
2003 Nisan Maxima

that sucks to here Paul, as I am having some of my own problems with some vendors on this site. G'luck with everything.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Temporary Hiatus

Did you receive the email we sent you on 3/11? In case you did not...

Your order was had a slight delay because we ran out of stock and had to build some more. Your order should be shipped out and on its way. I am still waiting for the shop to send me all the tracking numbers. We will send them to you via email. Please confirm your email again via PM in case we don't have the right number.

Sorry for the slight delay, but please call us toll free (800) 306-8631 to get updates on your order before posting complaints to the public.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:18 PM
And... I'm out

Your order was had a slight delay because we ran out of stock and had to build some more. Your order should be shipped out and on its way. I am still waiting for the shop to send me all the tracking numbers. We will send them to you via email. Please confirm your email again via PM in case we don't have the right number.

Sorry for the slight delay, but please call us toll free (800) 306-8631 to get updates on your order before posting complaints to the public.
Unfortunately due to my work schedule, calling them is not an option; working 11 hours a day, 5 days a week leads to little free time, and virtually zero during normal business hours.
Obviously Pmohr can speak for himself but from reading his post it looks like you said in your initial PM that you had stock that was ready to ship.

If I was him I would have done the same thing...

He was informed you had the product ready to go, were willing to communicate via PM with him regarding how to purchase etc but when it came time to check on the status you were no where to be found...
Old 03-18-2010, 04:34 PM

sorry to hear your troubles Paul, when this could have all been avoided with just a real response/Email/Pm from them stating, 'We Ran Out Of Stock Of Such And Such Item, Making More, Sorry For The Delay, And If Your Not Interested Anymore We'll Refund Your Money Back' That simple, poor communication and customer service. hope everything works out.

Last edited by mista0406; 03-18-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 PM
I R The Law

Sorry for your problems man, you should have known better since you've been here since '05 (if you know what I mean, if not and you want to know just PM me). This isn't the first time something like that has happened with them.....oh boy, here it goes again.....

Last edited by The Law; 03-18-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:00 PM

^ +1
Old 03-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Soooooooo......you told him it was in stock, ready to ship the next day, when it really wasn't??

If you truly did magically run out of stock the next day, you should have contacted any and all buyers immediately (especially the OP since you told him it was in stock just the day before!) within a day or two tops from when a buyer sends the money (In the OP's case, on 2/26). In the OP's case, you shouldn't have waited for him to contact you asking what's going on. Two weeks he was in the dark, all the time probably thinking, "My exhaust should show up tomorrow.......ok hopefully tomorrow then....hmmmmm it has to show up tomorrow Custom Maxima did say 4-7 days afterall........." but the catback never does arrive.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:50 PM

a local here is actually going through the same exact thing, says they didnt have any header/ypipe combos in stock, so its been forever now. why start a group deal if you dont have anything in stock?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:40 PM

Wow I was just checking out that catback....guess ill just have mine custom made and save myself the headache.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:38 PM

FAIL
Old 03-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

WOW that is crazy , hope u get ya stuff or ya money back , but that just made my mind up im goin else where ... i aint F'ING messin with that company better off gettin OBX or just save up to get the best of best(cattman)...
Old 03-28-2010, 06:41 PM
No more Maximas...

Ended up getting the exhaust on the 18th. Quality looks decent, especially for the price, and it was packed well (being drop shipped though, doesn't really reflect on CM).

Haven't had a chance to put it on, but I do expect it to sound ricey; to be expected from this type of muffler, but I don't really care as it's my beater.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:05 PM

Looking forward to hearing about the gains
Old 03-29-2010, 03:08 PM

Ended up getting the exhaust on the 18th. Quality looks decent, especially for the price, and it was packed well (being drop shipped though, doesn't really reflect on CM).

Haven't had a chance to put it on, but I do expect it to sound ricey; to be expected from this type of muffler, but I don't really care as it's my beater.
I ordered one for my girls car and got it a few weeks ago. Definatly looks like a fart can but its better than stock. Sooo your finished your little project?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by ajcool2
I ordered one for my girls car and got it a few weeks ago. Definatly looks like a fart can but its better than stock. Sooo your finished your little project?
Nope, not even close. Picked up a '96 5MT for $600, it's my new DD while the pearl sits, awaiting the time and money to get things done.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:37 PM

Nope, not even close. Picked up a '96 5MT for $600, it's my new DD while the pearl sits, awaiting the time and money to get things done.
I have no excuses for mine really. I've been kinda lazy with it. Maybe I'll do something over this long weekend coming up.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:03 PM

Im curious to see how it sounds
Old 04-01-2010, 04:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This is strange? I ordred the Greddy knock off from them last year and got it within a weeks time after payment. No follow up was required as they sent me confirmation and tracking#'s by e-mail.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:24 AM

I have been tossing up the idea of getting the K sport lowering springs for my 97 5mt.... kinda second guessing now....