Conversation Between kship and CMax03
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. CMax03
    04-11-2009 06:19 AM
    The Head & foglights are 35W 8000k bulbs in which I upgraded the headlights bulbs to and converted the foglights to HID. When I purchased this kit, there weren't as many people offering the $80 kits you can get today. I purchased my kits from Xtralights which were expensive then and still are even with the 15% discount the guy offered me, but I can submerge the entire system underwater and still be operational with no problems. Most of these $80 kits if you noticed are Made in China where as most kits from Japan or Germany are usually more expensive and higher quality. My Hid system for the fogs isn't your normal ballast and bulb setup, it actually an igniter with a attached but separate ballast and the bulbs.... Check out this site http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?...FQgNDQodlUZ_SQ it's a really good product with excellent customer service. I went to HID after years of spending endless amounts of money on aftermarket high performance H3 halogen bulbs in which will never match color spectrum nor light output wise, that of HID. Comparing HID and halogen bulds are like comparing a 1970 floor model tube TV to todays Plasma/LCD/digital TVs...there is no commonality! Anyhow you may be able to find a really decent conversion kit for your fogs and upgraded bulbs for your heads for a really nice price today...I have noticed friends of mine burning thru sets of ballasts and I'm still using the same equipment I initially installed 3-4 years ago. Good Luck in your search for HID happiness.
  2. kship
    04-10-2009 05:32 PM
    Beautiful car!

What kind of bulbs are in your fog lights? I have an 02 and your pic caught my attention while searching for info on the best bulbs for the fog lights.

Thanks,
    Ken