Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

WarpSpeedPerf - Another dissatisfied customer

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 06:56 PM

WarpSpeedPerf - Another dissatisfied customer

I cancelled my order with WarpSpeedPerformance tonight for a number of reasons:
* I ordered a ypipe and high flow cat for my 2000 SE 5 weeks ago.
* The order was promised to ship in a week from when I ordered
* I called them numerous times and got the same run-around - "we're backed up, call back in a week"
* Emailed Dallas to find out what the hell was going on. He gave me attitude and said the earliest would be another week.
* I cancelled the order because of the delay and his attitude.

I was ordering something that was suposed to be available already. I feel bad for the 2k2 people waiting on WarpSpeed, it might be a while. The lack of organization for fulfilling orders from this company is pathetic. The customer service is even worse.

If you have alternatives, I suggest you take them. I won't give my business to these people.

Don't flame me if you've had a wonderful experience with Dallas and WaprSpeed...I don't care. I'm detailing my personal account, simply to let other's know to keep this in mind when choosing an exhaust company.
Old 07-12-2002, 07:20 PM

Hey, to each his own I say.
Old 07-12-2002, 07:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: WarpSpeedPerf - Another dissatisfied customer

Originally posted by JohnNixon
* I called them numerous times and got the same run-around - "we're backed up, call back in a week"
* Emailed Dallas to find out what the hell was going on. He gave me attitude and said the earliest would be another week.

I was ordering something that was suposed to be available already. I feel bad for the 2k2 people waiting on WarpSpeed, it might be a while. The lack of organization for fulfilling orders from this company is pathetic. The customer service is even worse.

If you have alternatives, I suggest you take them. I won't give my business to these people.

Don't flame me if you've had a wonderful experience with Dallas and WaprSpeed...I don't care. I'm detailing my personal account, simply to let other's know to keep this in mind when choosing an exhaust company.
IMHO, your opinion of Warpspeed Performance is justified, JohnNixon. And to everyone else, I would simply say this:

Caveat Emptor!
Old 07-12-2002, 08:33 PM
Banned

I thought they still werent makin the 5 gen y-pipes yet. Maybe thats what your delay was. They''ve been saying "another week" for a while now.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:37 PM
Very sound, Mike

You think that's bad? Ever heard of the "In 30 days" (Stillen) or "Two weeks from now" (PR)?
Old 07-12-2002, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by soundmike
You think that's bad? Ever heard of the "In 30 days" (Stillen) or "Two weeks from now" (PR)?
I could be wrong about this, soundmike. But I think the award has to go to Warpspeed for the longest time from announcement to production of a 5th Gen Maxima product. (And the record just keeps getting longer and longer as we wait . . . and wait . . . and wait . . . for a 5th Gen Y-pipe to arrive from them.)
Old 07-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Very sound, Mike

i was just having fun. you're no fun
Old 07-12-2002, 08:59 PM
wat

Stillen is in love with the '30 days' quote. But I got the same thing from Warpspeed too. First they had a wrecked 2k2 to use, then they had someone coming down who never showed...then they were gonna rent a 2k2....it was a never ending line of '30 days they'll ship'. I understand people get busy. I think the whole issue is that people (companies) get your hopes up and by the time the stuff you want comes out, you already have had it custom made. (for probably 2/3 of the price). Don't promise something that just ain't gonna happen. Just my .02.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:04 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

This is my biggest GRIPE with the Maxima Aftermarket. FSTB's that require a Physics degree to make them fit. Promises from Retailers, that never come true. Raping of customers on prices.. I love my car, but I hate the aftermarket support. I have had good experiences with some retailers, Frankencar, Berk Tuning , Custommaxima, Proparts, MidnightMoose. Some of the other stuff Ive read is pathetic.

I have never dealt with Warspeed, but now Im thinking twice. How many of these negative posts about them have I seen since January, when I got my Max and joined the ORG ?

I have dealt with JBA, Steeda, Saleen, BBK, MAC Exhaust, SLP, and other companies in the V8 market, and have never heard so much negative stuff....

I hope someone from Warspeed reads this, and something there changes. I dont care if they are the only ones with a 2K2 Y pipe, if the service sucks, and my order will take 2 months to get to me, I will just drive up to Stillen , and wait till they make one .
Old 07-12-2002, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by PHAT2k1A.E.
I thought they still werent makin the 5 gen y-pipes yet. Maybe thats what your delay was. They''ve been saying "another week" for a while now.
June 3rd...I actually placed an order for the 2k y-pipe and was told it would be built the following Wednesday and shipped the same day. I think that's what bothers me the most, my order was placed and confirmed and never filled, and I was never notified.

As a courtesy, WSP should have called/emailed me to say that they were behind and that my order would ship on mm/dd/yy. But I had to call them weekly, only to be told to check back later. WTF? Doesn't this company have a production schedule? Can't they determine a process to manufacturer products to meet orders? This is a simple principle of business: we can make x amount of pipes, and we have y amount of orders to fill. Is that so hard????????

I'm disgusted at the way some places operate.
WSP business model: Let's build a webpage and start screwing people.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:08 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I think you are very wrong about them.

Yes, their service sucked.. yes, you should have cancelled your order.. sure order it elsewhere. They didnt try to steal your money.

Look, they are a *tiny* shop in Northwest AR. They have worked tirelessly with people to prototype things. Yeah, they arent perfect. Yeah, they are really busy and understaffed. I'm sorry that does not make them thieves. Obviously they dont have the resources like Stillen. A wrecked 2k2? a rented one? and you guys are hammering them? Nissan *SENDS* a car to Stillen.

I think the important thing here is you have your money back to go shop elsewhere. I think your first post was sufficient. Thats sums it up. Its up to you if you want to burn bridges. I just think everyone (and their) expectations were alittle high.

I think to call them a scam is alittle too much drama for the situation. I would have cancelled my order too and waited til they were shipping in volume. or shopped somewhere else *IF* it was being made somewhere else.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:14 PM

bah, you guys deserve a wait. us third gen'ers should be first for once . there was one post saying all the stuff that a guy could get through his work ( a dealer) 4th and 5th gen had some nice sized lists, for 3rd gen: front brake pads.

na really, its gotta suck. i still think i would take a WSP because of the quality. but then again im just a happy 3rd gen'er (VE too :P)

sorry, i just wanted to have some fun
MrGone
Old 07-12-2002, 10:19 PM

Re: I think you are very wrong about them.

Originally posted by TimW
Yes, their service sucked.. yes, you should have cancelled your order.. sure order it elsewhere. They didnt try to steal your money.

Look, they are a *tiny* shop in Northwest AR. They have worked tirelessly with people to prototype things. Yeah, they arent perfect. Yeah, they are really busy and understaffed. I'm sorry that does not make them thieves. Obviously they dont have the resources like Stillen. A wrecked 2k2? a rented one? and you guys are hammering them? Nissan *SENDS* a car to Stillen.

I think the important thing here is you have your money back to go shop elsewhere. I think your first post was sufficient. Thats sums it up. Its up to you if you want to burn bridges. I just think everyone (and their) expectations were alittle high.

I think to call them a scam is alittle too much drama for the situation. I would have cancelled my order too and waited til they were shipping in volume. or shopped somewhere else *IF* it was being made somewhere else.
I guess you're referring to my comment:
...Build a webpage and start screwing people...
I can phrase that more appropriately:
...Build a webpage and start wasting peoples time...

So for the record, I never meant to imply that they ripped me off. I'm only saying that they wasted my time and it was a hassle dealing with them. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:28 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: I think you are very wrong about them.

Tim. I can accept your reasoning. But why is it when these guys order something, just explain to them , that they are not Stealin..AKA Stillen ! Dont BS me and tell me , its going out tomorrow, or next week, when ITS NOT ! That's my beef ! If you tell me : " Sir, we dont have them available for shippment, do you mind waiting 4-6 weeks".. and I say yes, then I wouldnt complain, and neither would most people. Dont BS us and say, Your 2K2 Y pipe will be ready to ship in 2 weeks , like they are saying now. I challenge dallas, and Warpspeed to live up to that. If not come on the ORG, and tell us the truth ! We are big boyss, we can handle it. We will just wait till its ready to ship for REAL, and then oeder it, and we will be happy customers. Is this too much to ask ???
Old 07-12-2002, 10:50 PM

I can only say I had a similar experience. I wish they had a business major to take over some of the operations of their business. While I appreciate their willingness to develop a quality product, it can easily be lost through poor communication and customer service.

Customer service is more than just having a nice person answer the phone to take an order. Customer service incorporates someone who can take an order, understand how log it will take to fulfill an order and communicate that to the customer.

In my experience, I ordered...had to call on numerous occasions (mostly through my own fault for not confirming my car was fed-spec). In each instance, I got the feel that I was calling a small shop in Arkasas. No order number, no order confirmation, no estimated date of delivery, no understanding of what was in stock, etc. My order was "Send me whatever you have in stock for a 2k Fed spec". This means anything that is there, send! Unfortunately, even this extended out a few weeks. I called to confirm my order only to discover that it had never been charged and the order had never been fullfilled. No date in site.

While I don't doubt the overall quality and intent of the small business owner, I do think someone should communicate what it takes to build and maintain a customer base in a professional manner. End-to-End customer service and professionalism. Nothing saying Warpspeed couldn't be another Stillen if they had their business together. Unforutnately, they are going to continue to be "just another small business in Arkasas" with their current state of affairs.

I hope things improve, and I can order a product from them in the future. They have competative pricing and a good product. Unfortunately, there are obstacles in the way of obtaining that product.

My observations. Damn..have to get off my soapbox!
Old 07-12-2002, 11:04 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I can understand your frustration, but do keep in mind that Dallas is the only one in Arkansas where this stuff is made. His help consists of a relative to answer the phone and take/enter orders. The parts that are used to make the Y-pipes are relatively hard to find (flex sections, 3-hole flanges) and order therefore it makes getting quantities of these pipes made very hard. Dallas has a company build the Y-pipes for them and they build batches when they can (ie they do have other business than just WSP). It is very possible that the 2k pipes have been scheduled to be built, but the parts aren't here yet or the maker doesn't have time.

Dallas is CONSTANTLY doing R&D for other cars too like the Grand Prix, Jeep, Altima. Maybe Warpspeed is taking on too much too fast and they're putting some customers on hold which is too bad. BUT they seem to be about the only company right now that truely cares about developing true performance parts for Maxima. Thier quality is awesome and their mods work. I run a WSP Y-pipe, midpipe, and SFCs and I couldn't be happier.

BTW, WSP already has pics of the 2k2 y-pipe on their site. It has been built and installed.

Dave
Old 07-12-2002, 11:52 PM

I just know...

I wouldnt want to do what they do. That is a hard way to make a living. I've never met them, nor do I use their products, but I know alot of people that have. And they did have to put up with the unprofessionalism of a small overworked shop, but I havent heard anyone actually feel ripped off by the quality of what they got, whenever they finally got it.

Then again, Stillen sells a good product but everyone here talks about feeling ripped. I guess thats the trade off.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:13 AM

just to add my two cents.......

I was the one originally scheduled to go up to their shop in Arkansas for the first testing. But about a week or so before that, I had the accident in the Maxima. As soon as my car is fixed (Wednesday), and I get a free weekend I'm gonna head up there (if they are still game for that).

Back about two years ago when I had my 94 SE and first joined the .org, I got interested in a Y-pipe from them. I e-mailed Dallas like three different times and never heard anything from him. To schedule the prototype fitting that I mentioned above I had to call nearly five times in about a month and a half and send about three e-mails (none of which were responded to) to actually talk with him. Now, as I mentioned, the test that I missed was totally my fault, but how hard is it to return an e-mail? Especially when its from someone interested in buying something you are selling from a business. All that being said, he seems like an honest guy and I do look forward to meeting him soon. His products do seem to be much higher in quality (at least their Y-pipes) compared to the more expensive models from Stillen or Cattman.
Old 07-13-2002, 01:00 AM

actually...

yes it is for them. As I recall, the area they are in is dailup only, and pretty poor at that (doubt its even 56K). All the horrible stories of Klez and such have affected them I heard.. So, they have on occasion lost alot of email or just been unable to catch up with the shear volume (other cars they make products for also hammer them for info).

Hey, I'm not making excuses for them, thats no way to run a biz. Some companies really struggle with success.
Old 07-13-2002, 05:40 AM

Communication is the essence of integrity!

There are only two kinds of people in the world . . . those who keep their word and those who don't. WSPs obligation when they found that they couldn't keep their word was to communicate that to their customers, particularly those who had given them a deposit. Their supposed inability to do so is not an excuse. Fortunately, I get a chance to vote. I do so with my dollars. I'd recommend you do the same.
Old 07-13-2002, 06:37 AM

They were nice to me when I ordered my 4th gen y-pipe. He continued to work with me after I bought the pipe to help me get rid of weird noises that came when I installed it.
Old 07-13-2002, 07:01 AM

Originally posted by SamMan23
They were nice to me when I ordered my 4th gen y-pipe. He continued to work with me after I bought the pipe to help me get rid of weird noises that came when I installed it.
Nice is good, SamMan23. But keeping your word or communicating when you can't keep your word is even better. I'd rather deal with an a$$hole with integrity than a saint with none.
Old 07-13-2002, 07:10 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

I think it's laughable/ironic that the same people who b!tched and moaned about this with Cattman are now doing it with Warpspeed after many months of praise.

When growth occurs and demand increases, growing pains are a reality.

If Warpspeed had charged your card and done this, I would understand the need to complain. Otherwise, grow up and accept this as a fact of life and take your business elsewhere.
Old 07-13-2002, 07:52 AM

I have emailed Warpspeed a couple times with questions and never got a response. IMO when you run a business your main goal is to please your customers and the best way is to keep in touch . Happy customers are valuable asset to your business b/c if they are pleased with your service/product they will tell others about it. I am not knocking WSP, but being busy is not a valid excuse to not repond to this customer's questions.
Old 07-13-2002, 08:05 AM

Originally posted by bill99gxe

. . . take your business elsewhere.
Thanks, Bill. My point exactly!
Old 07-13-2002, 10:37 AM

thats an interesting point...

obligation.. you know, given everything I've heard about them, what is keeping them busy is supporting people who've just installed their products. Again, thats not an excuse for poor communication but you dont hear any stories (or I havent) of "hey I got my WSP xxxxxx and it wouldnt work and they wouldnt return my calls"

I mean you can look at not returning your call two different ways, obviously they cant accept your order and working through whatever they have committed to already. Again, not good, but alot of companies would just plop someone down on the phone to take your money regardless of whethere they could fill it. I think this happens alot with new products with them, when it rains it pours..

Last year when they released a new product to our max community the next day we got 3 inches of solid ICE in NW AR that brought down trees and powerlines.. You cant even drive a tank on 3 inches of solid ice.

I've heard all the same complaints about Brian/Cattman and Don/Mobiltek. Again, just easy to overwhelm a small shop.
Old 07-13-2002, 11:51 AM

When I had my Eclipse, the smaller shops always took longer than the bigger shops. You just had to organize your priorities and decide if the wait was worth it, or if you were going to spend more money and get the part sooner. Its easy for a one man shop to get overwhelmed, but at the same time they could at least say they are overwhelmed and that orders will take awhile. Its hard for me to imagine that one shop producing and selling all the parts for such a wide variety of cars! How many other shops do you know of producing sub frame connectors for Maxima's and Altima's and then exhuasts for Jeeps! Unheard of. What ticks me off is Stillen came out with an Altima Y-pipe before the Maxima. I'm like everyone else, I'm frustrated and tired of being basically stock, but I've been modifying imports too long to get angry, I've just accepted it as part of the game.

Jesse
Old 07-13-2002, 09:07 PM

Re: WarpSpeedPerf - Another dissatisfied customer

Originally posted by JohnNixon

Old 07-13-2002, 09:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: WarpSpeedPerf - Another dissatisfied customer

Originally posted by Ghost face Max

At any rate I'm in the same boat as John but since they are not charging my card I can wait another week or two. Yeah they shoud've been more forthcoming about the issues they are having but since nobody but sillen has a Y pipe that fits my car for immediate delivery (called cattman - at least 2 week wait) I don't have much of an alternative.

Max
Old 07-13-2002, 11:03 PM

Warpspeed is not the only Y-Pipe dealer that is SLOW!! I paid for and ordered my cali-spec from Cattman over 4 months ago and still no Y-Pipe!! They've been very pleasant every time I call them, but I'm growing tired of waiting...

Tony
Old 07-13-2002, 11:55 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I've always been curious as to why people call up Warpspeed and ask questions about thier Y-pipes, CAIs, SFCs, etc when all the info is on their site and plastered all over the forums in this org. When it's time to order, then call Warpspeed and order it. Otherwise, why waste the time? The info is out there. Their parts fit perfectly, the gains have been proven, their prices are good, etc.

I know Dallas and I've met him numerous times. He is a very nice guy and the same goes for his brother Dan (lives up North). They are still a VERY new company and learning as they go. A while ago, Dallas told me he received over 300 e-mails A DAY on average!!!! I'm sure it's worse now. For those that work in the corporate world probably agree with me that they don't like responding back to every e-mail they receive in a day from every needy client and potential client. Now imagine you've got 300+ e-mails piling up in a day. I'd be going insane. I would have no idea on how to get anything done. Warpspeed is not a big shop. It consists of three people. I'm sure the company will grow in size eventually, but you've got to understand something here. In order to grow, you need to expand your product line and increase production. They are doing this. They are pumping more money into R&D than increasing thier manpower. I don't think they're too worried about loosing a few customers here and there. I know that's a bad thing to say, but I think they know that they are becoming one of the more well known Maxima/Altima specialists and they know the business will still be there in the long haul.

Dave
Old 07-14-2002, 12:21 AM

I think we should all be glad someone cares enough to develop parts for cars that the rest of the world really doesn't care much about!

Jesse
Old 07-14-2002, 06:09 AM

rating system

Why not have a rating system for every vendor and/or dealer (A, B, C or D)? I think it would be especially helpful to rate dealers in regards to service so we know where the best ones are and not give the bad ones any business? Just a thought....
Old 07-14-2002, 07:17 AM

Originally posted by Dave B
I've always been curious as to why people call up Warpspeed . . .

Dave
I'm even more curious as to why Warpspeed is willing to accept orders on products they don't yet manufacture. There is simply no integrity in telling customers who place orders that a product will be ready by a certain date and then fail to inform those customers when they know the product won't be ready by the date promised. Regardless of how nice Dallas and Dan are, there is simply no integrity in conducting business on that basis. If they don't know for certain when products will be available for shipment, then they shouldn't accept orders for them . . . period. And I won't do business with a company that does.

You, however, may do as you please.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:36 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by y2kse

I'm even more curious as to why Warpspeed is willing to accept orders on products they don't yet manufacture. There is simply no integrity in telling customers who place orders that a product will be ready by a certain date and then fail to inform those customers when they know the product won't be ready by the date promised. Regardless of how nice Dallas and Dan are, there is simply no integrity in conducting business on that basis. If they don't know for certain when products will be available for shipment, then they shouldn't accept orders for them . . . period. And I won't do business with a company that does.

You, however, may do as you please.

My experience has been the opposite, but then I only order things from places that have stuff in stock. Otherwise, my business goes elsewhere.

I e-mailed Dallas personally and he responded within the day that a TIG-welded pipe was at least 2 weeks off. I took that to mean he wasn't sure when he would get them. However, he had MIG-welded pipes in stock, so that's what I ordered.

Sometimes just approaching people from a "what do you have" standpoint makes it easier to do business with them. If Warpspeed didn't have anything I could get in a reasonable amount of time, then a call to Cattman would have occurred.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:49 AM

Originally posted by bill99gxe

My experience has been the opposite, but then I only order things from places that have stuff in stock. Otherwise, my business goes elsewhere.

I e-mailed Dallas personally and he responded within the day that a TIG-welded pipe was at least 2 weeks off. I took that to mean he wasn't sure when he would get them. However, he had MIG-welded pipes in stock, so that's what I ordered.

Sometimes just approaching people from a "what do you have" standpoint makes it easier to do business with them. If Warpspeed didn't have anything I could get in a reasonable amount of time, then a call to Cattman would have occurred.
Right, Bill. I suspect that people would experience much less frustration if they followed your lead. And if you don't expect people to act with integrity, you won't be disappointed when they don't.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:46 AM

Re: I just know...

I wouldnt want to do what they do. That is a hard way to make a living. I've never met them, nor do I use their products, but I know alot of people that have. And they did have to put up with the unprofessionalism of a small overworked shop, but I havent heard anyone actually feel ripped off by the quality of what they got, whenever they finally got it.

Then again, Stillen sells a good product but everyone here talks about feeling ripped. I guess thats the trade off.
You meet them Tim
Remember at the Dallas Meet 2 years ago when I first meet ya
It was one cold day that day.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:14 AM

hmmm

I remember them sliding under a 3rd gen outside at the dyno... busting their rump for someone, laying on the concrete while it was 20 degrees out.. but not sure I actually met them.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:16 AM
lcf

rump. hahaha.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:21 AM

Re: hmmm

I remember them sliding under a 3rd gen outside at the dyno... busting their rump for someone, laying on the concrete while it was 20 degrees out.. but not sure I actually met them.
Yea they were working pretty hard that day.
That was when they first got the company started and they still had lots of things to figure out.
They have made huge progress since then.
Weren't they working on matt93se's car?
Oh well.

Still Iremember them being very helpful and willing to help.
I don't think they are the types of guys that would scam or not try to help someone.

Quick Reply: WarpSpeedPerf - Another dissatisfied customer