Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Clements Volkswagon Nissan in Mankato Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2000, 03:39 PM

Hi there,
I recieved my GLE June 20th. That day, I went to look at the car, few seconds later, a sales man comes up and we start talking about the car. He offers a test drive, I couldn't resist. I start the engine, I knew this car was special. So, we return back, go inside the store and he offers me and my parents coffee and cookies. Few seconds later he returns with it and along with the sales manager. We fill out forms, then he calls Nissan to see if there are any Rebates. He returns and says no rebates, but he will let me have the Maxima for $27,000. My parents thought it was a reasonable price. During the signing, He kept asking us if we are OK with the car and what he can do to make the car satisfy our needs. If my memory serves me right, he asked me 4 times. Then we go into the Financial Dept where a Lady takes over. She gives us an estimated payment with 9.9% interest. She asked us if we wanted to go looking around the store more or do our daily thing because this is going to take an hour or so. My mother gives her a cell phone where she can reach us and we get a call 45 mins later. We return to the dealer and we signed papers and contracts. We gave her the down payment and another sales person greets us and tells us the car is stilling getting "prepped." we talk for some time and we go look outside at other cars. She comes to get us about 30 mins later and the car is all shinny. She showes us the features on the car and explains the warrenty. We were takin a tour of the dealer and she introduced us to the service tech and showed us the process on getting a warrenty item fixed. We then recieved a free tank of gas ( 93 octane ) and we were off. I ended up with a Fully loaded Icelandic GLE (MSRP $30,259 but got it for $27,000 and 6.9%interest-payments are 5years-). Days go buy and we recieved a letter from Nissan, The sales guy, Sales manager, Financial lady, and the service Tech. They send us free oil coupons for being a new car owner and some % off coupons on other stuff. We return a couple of months go get our free oil change, we where greeted by the same Sales Manager and he asked us to come in and have some cookies and coffee while our car is being worked on. We asked us how the car is and how we like it. After the oil change, about 20 mins, they washed our car in their brushless machines and they gave us the key and a "have a nice safe trip home."....I have about 2,000more miles until my next free oil change :-)

My only complaint so far, when I went to get my Plates, I asked them about 1-2shift problems I was hearing over the newsgroups and they said they never heard of this problem. Also, the parts lady is really a...... :-)

I'm 16, this serves up a controversal. Does a 16 year old need a new Maxima? NO! but it sure as hell feels good driving this car around and getting stares and a "hey buddy nice car" You can argue all you want, but Its not going to change anything. I already have the Maxima. My previous car was my sisters 90 Maxima SE which I drove for a couple of months( sorta like a "trainy" car I drove when I first recieved my Permit ) when she went to college. So when she asked for it back, I got this car and My mother bought herself a 1996 Camry V6 XLE since her POS cavalier died on her 5 times in a month

I will leave with this word, There are some BAD Nissan dealers out there, but remember, not all dealers are equal and you will find a great Nissan Dealer. If you are in this area and looking for a Nissan, I encourage you to check this dealer out and tell them I sent you :-) I might be able to get a couple of free oil change coupons.