Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

warpspeed

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 10:09 AM
What's next!?..

warpspeed

Has anyone talked to someone in Warpspeed this week?

Tried calling several times all week and only get their answering machine.

Are they on vacation or did the storm down there blow them away?

Old 10-04-2002, 10:10 AM
Granny Driven

Re: warpspeed

Originally posted by JPMax
the storm down there blow them away?

I think ur on the right track.
Old 10-04-2002, 10:21 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

I'm not so happy with Warpspeed right now either. I ordered a Y pipe for my 99 SE-L Cali Spec 5 weeks ago. When I ordered it I was told my car is a special pipe, 99.5 crap. Fine, it's the california emissions that screws me up. But I was told that Dallas had scheduled these specific pipes to be made the following week and I should see delivery in about 2 weeks. Great, I figured no problem.

Here we are 5 weeks later, no pipe & nobody returns my phone calls! What kind of customer service do you call that??

To be quite honest I'm just about ready to cancel the order and keep the exhaust stock, or give Stillen a call. They gave me a great deal on my brakes and were very nice to deal with.

I really wanted an extra 10+ HP so I can play with the 330i we own. I'm wondering if thats ever gonna happen now.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:14 PM

my warpspped y-pipe

I have run into the same problem with Warpspeed. I order my TIG SS y-pipe for my '97 almost a month ago and still nothing. I called twice this week to see the progress of it......was told as of this past monday, they still didnt have any TIG material. The lady says that since she is the only secretary that takes calls, she has been swamped and its hard for her to call back everyone. I'm really getting ****ed because I think 1 month is more than enough time to make one. I really hate to consider cancelling my order because people say stillen's are too loud and i dont like cattman's track record. So im still waiting........
Old 10-04-2002, 02:49 PM

i have a 99.5 se-l as well, and i ordered my y pipe from them a tig welded ss one, two months later no pipe, i think they are starting to come around though, i have been on their asses, i might change to a mig welded pipe if it takes them any longer, he said they might have mig welded available, but i want my tig welded that i ordered

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
I'm not so happy with Warpspeed right now either. I ordered a Y pipe for my 99 SE-L Cali Spec 5 weeks ago. When I ordered it I was told my car is a special pipe, 99.5 crap. Fine, it's the california emissions that screws me up. But I was told that Dallas had scheduled these specific pipes to be made the following week and I should see delivery in about 2 weeks. Great, I figured no problem.

Here we are 5 weeks later, no pipe & nobody returns my phone calls! What kind of customer service do you call that??

To be quite honest I'm just about ready to cancel the order and keep the exhaust stock, or give Stillen a call. They gave me a great deal on my brakes and were very nice to deal with.

I really wanted an extra 10+ HP so I can play with the 330i we own. I'm wondering if thats ever gonna happen now.
Old 10-04-2002, 04:10 PM

Same here guys.......Been waiting a month and half for my TIG S/S y pipe to come....Yet no luck....No returned phone calls, and a bunch of empty promises.... Just like a few of you im about to cancel my order too.
Old 10-04-2002, 04:20 PM
Dysfunctional

Re

yea i called them like 41340293840958392034 times today and NOTHING. i am angry b/c cattman doesnt make a y pipe for my 1990 and there is no one else that makes umm. do you guys know anyone else that makes emm for my car.? b/c they arent home.

Old 10-04-2002, 04:41 PM

I don't want to hear your pathetic whining about a month or two. I've been waiting for my TIG-welded Y-pipe since March.

I called Warpspeed today. She told me they are making 5th gen Y-pipes and mine will ship soon because at or near the top of the waiting list.
Old 10-04-2002, 05:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry, one day Tuesday I think, I forgot to forward the phone so the machine had to catch the calls while we were out picking up parts and finallizing our new complete 3" exhaust system for the gen 4 Maxima as well as our 2.5" system all configured for center inlet mufflers.

We just finished the jigs for our 1999.5-2001 and 2002-2003 Y pipes. One of our people is prepping and cutting tubing yet tonight so we'll be shipping some next week, I know there is a list hopefully you're on it but I don't keep up with user names on the forums.

We have our second brother moving here to the Arkansas shop to help us full time and have just added another person to TIG weld so we may just catch up someday. I guess we never figured our products would be so popular. With the 2002 Y pipe and 2.5" b pipe on the 2002 putting out 20.9 HP I would expect the 1999.5-2001 to do as well if not better.

We are slowly catching up on the calls and emails. My apologies if we missed yours, the best way to check on your order is email.

regards
Dallas
Old 10-04-2002, 05:14 PM

great to hear from you Dallas, we know u guys are swamped.....keep up the hard work, hope to get my pipe soon
Old 10-04-2002, 05:17 PM

by the way, don't ever call me pathetic, i was just venting, no need to be a d*&che about things

You need people like me...so you can point your f*&king finger and say thats the bad guy..so...what that make you? Good....

-Tony Montana-

Originally posted by ru4real
I don't want to hear your pathetic whining about a month or two. I've been waiting for my TIG-welded Y-pipe since March.

I called Warpspeed today. She told me they are making 5th gen Y-pipes and mine will ship soon because at or near the top of the waiting list.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Well this post had a happy ending, or at least gives us some answers. Wait a second, did I just read 1999.5 - 2001 Y pipe and B pipe putting out 20.9 HP?

Old 10-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Administrator

hey.. i need a 3 inch catback.. but since you guys are crazy busy.. i will wait
Old 10-04-2002, 07:58 PM

except he said the b pipe was 2.5 but for the 99.5 the b pipe is 2 1/4
Old 10-04-2002, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by johnvt1111
by the way, don't ever call me pathetic, i was just venting, no need to be a d*&che about things

You need people like me...so you can point your f*&king finger and say thats the bad guy..so...what that make you? Good....

-Tony Montana-

Somebody needs to learn about the word "sarcasm".
Old 10-04-2002, 09:57 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I just orderd my y-pipe, cat, b-pipe today from Warpspeed. I'll be damned if I am going to wait 2-3 months. They made it sound like they were shipping it today. Although I did get the Mandrel bent aluminized pipe not the SS. The ss seems to be what every one is waiting on.
So far Dallas and the secretary Lynn have been real good. They anwsered my e-mails and the phone every time I contacted them.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:10 PM
What's next!?..

Well, I'm glad I didn't order the TIG welded version.

Still waiting on a response from my email that was sent Monday though.

Old 10-05-2002, 11:06 AM
Handsome

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. It either took a month or a month plus a couple of weeks. I stopped looking in the mail everyday after 2 weeks. Just be patient, I am very happy with my pipe, and it is the straightest version I have seen.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Dysfunctional

some of you... not giving names... need to take some anger managment classes. me > and you guys > lol dont freak out on each other. just chill so you can become >

Old 10-15-2002, 10:35 PM

Originally posted by Dysfunctional
some of you... not giving names... need to take some anger managment classes. me > and you guys > lol dont freak out on each other. just chill so you can become >
just here to say
click here to read my post
thanks
Old 10-16-2002, 09:23 AM
Handsome

Originally posted by I30tMikeD
I just orderd my y-pipe, cat, b-pipe today from Warpspeed. I'll be damned if I am going to wait 2-3 months. They made it sound like they were shipping it today. Although I did get the Mandrel bent aluminized pipe not the SS. The ss seems to be what every one is waiting on.
So far Dallas and the secretary Lynn have been real good. They anwsered my e-mails and the phone every time I contacted them.
Yea I got the aluminum too. I think it will easily last the life of my car but I got the aluminum because of the weight reduction. IT is as light as feather (you can hold it with one hand very comfortably) when compared to the stock Y, you will be very happy, if you need instalation tips give me a reply, the stock bracket may give you a little noise, but it is easy to fix.
Old 10-21-2002, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by Street Reeper

Yea I got the aluminum too. I think it will easily last the life of my car but I got the aluminum because of the weight reduction. IT is as light as feather (you can hold it with one hand very comfortably) when compared to the stock Y, you will be very happy, if you need instalation tips give me a reply, the stock bracket may give you a little noise, but it is easy to fix.
update:
Originally posted by maximamoose
I ordered my Warpspeed Y and B pipe about 4 weeks ago. I was told when I ordered them, that they would ship in 2 weeks?!?!?! i called after 2 and asked if they had shipped/and if i could have the tracking number if they did. i was told it would ship in a few days. here we are 2 weeks later almost, and no pipes??? Has anyone else ordered a Warpspeed SS Y Pipe from them recently? if so, how long did it take you to get it? Thank You
this is the last straw! i have been in contact via emails with Dallas. I call and talk to Lynn as well. When I call, I keep getting the same run-around how I will get it in a few days or so. I called today, and was told that they hope to get it out by the end of this week(heard that before). It's been about 5-6 weeks now. I don't know how much more of this I can take. Is there anything I can do(legally) to get my y-pipe and b-pipe? I am just so damn frustrated right now. 4 hundred some odd dollars sitting idle at Warpspeed(y and b pipes), and I can't do jack schit about it!?!?

Old 10-21-2002, 01:37 PM

man i've waited almost 3 months for just a y pipe, just relax, i know it sux, but when you get it you'll be that much more happy, nothings we can really do about it, unless you want to pay more somewhere else
Old 10-21-2002, 01:44 PM

man i've waited almost 3 months for just a y pipe, just relax, i know it sux, but when you get it you'll be that much more happy, nothings we can really do about it, unless you want to pay more somewhere else
i might just go elsewhere, like cattman or stillen. to me, having a product after ordering it a week prior is worth the extra money. we are all fools for waiting this long. it's ridiculous to do so. i would advise you to cancel as well. go budget or something. i can't just have money like that sitting around for a product i won't see for 3 or so months. f that
Old 10-21-2002, 02:16 PM

i might just go elsewhere, like cattman or stillen. to me, having a product after ordering it a week prior is worth the extra money. we are all fools for waiting this long. it's ridiculous to do so. i would advise you to cancel as well. go budget or something. i can't just have money like that sitting around for a product i won't see for 3 or so months. f that
i agree with how you feel, i've gotten the run around quite a bit, but i guess i'm just gonna stay with it, i should have stayed with the cattman i bout for 200 used, the guy i sold it to loved it
Old 10-21-2002, 02:24 PM

i agree with how you feel, i've gotten the run around quite a bit, but i guess i'm just gonna stay with it, i should have stayed with the cattman i bout for 200 used, the guy i sold it to loved it
out of curiosity, why didn't you stay with the cattman? also, did you get ss or aluminum? if you got ss, was it tig or mig welded?
Old 10-21-2002, 02:38 PM

out of curiosity, why didn't you stay with the cattman? also, did you get ss or aluminum? if you got ss, was it tig or mig welded?
i got the ss, i didn't stay with the cattman in fear of the whole flex section thing, but there were no problems with that......so i guess i made a bad decision, unless my y pipe from warp comes soon....i have a feeling once it does come ill forget about the past
Old 10-21-2002, 04:47 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I hear ya Maximamoose. I orderd my Y-pipe, cat, B-pipe over 3 weeks ago. I have not been waiting as long as you but I am still getting frustrated!!
I can understand Warpspeed being backed up. The waiting is not a huge deal. What gets to me is they act like they shipped it the day I orderd. Lynn said, "I'll give the order to Dallas and he will ship it asap".
All I ask for is to be told honestly what is going on. They knew when they took my $$$ that I was not getting it anytime soon. They knew they had none in stock. What good does it do to lie?
All they had to do was be honest about the situation. I have worked in customer service for years and they way communicate with their customers is terrible. If you honestly let people know the situation 9 times out of 10 there is no problems. I hate being strung along.
All they had to do was tell me it may take a while. If they would just keep me up to date I would have no complaints.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:10 PM

After two months, I finally recieved it in the mail, and here's what I found... (This is an email that I sent Dallas, and his reply)

I'm very disappointed in the first section of the 'B' pipe.

I ordered the pipe with the 'longer' resonator..... but what was included in place of a resonator were two 12" louvered glasspacks. Those things have HUGE louvers. Resonators do NOT have louvers, they just have small holes.

This piece would flow WORSE than the factory piece... pinches and all. It is by NO means a flow improvement. I know you are pushed to try and get the orders out, but I cannot accept this piece.

What I need from you is one of the following...

1. A refund for this section of the 'B' pipe

or

2. A replacement consisting of a 'real' longer length 24" resonator in a timely manner.

If you cannot get a replacement in a timely manner, I'll need the refund. I've been waiting two months already, and this is NOT what I was expecting. If you decide on the refund route, I'll just have to go to the local muffler shop and have them weld in a real resonator and re-do the piece I've already got.

The 'Y' pipe doesn't really seem to contain that high quality mandrel bends. The curves of the pipe crush down from 2.0" to 1-7/8". They seem to be 'pseudo' mandrel bends. Plus, for flow, the piece on the end of the 'Y' pipe 'should' be a curved part instead of a straight piece welded onto the flex section at an angle.

I paid $225 for your pipe for your quality, rather than $158 for the Budget part. I'll settle for the existing 'Y' pipe, but the front section of the 'B' pipe is just totally unacceptable.

I'm not a 'newbie' punk kid. I'm 34 years old and have been playing with cars since I was a teenager. I've got a shop with a welder, air, shop press, drill press, chop saw, band saw, etc. and have a 66 mustang street car that runs 10.63 @ 129.3 on the bottle. I hold high standards for myself, and anyone else I do business with.

I'm not one to jump the gun and go bad-mouthing. I like to try and resolve problems in a mature manner. Please let me know what you want to do about this.

Thanks,

If you don't want the Y pipe and B pipe simply return it via the instructions on our website.

You may not be aware that there are several different styles of resonators, we use the baffle style because they actually work, unlike the perforated style which are flat with holes and a just a basic empty cylinder. We use a dual resonator for those people who want a quite exhaust. Your local muffler shop will have a resonator of the same style. I think louvers are what are put on the back window of some cars.

regards
Dallas

I don't recommend doing business with them...

Hope you guys have better luck with WSP than I did.

Mike Burch
Old 10-21-2002, 09:13 PM

wow this is the first tiem i've heard of an unhappy customer once they actually got what they ordered, i mean the slow service is what i've always heard, but now this is even scaring me more than the 3 month wait, because i have their b pipe with a resonator, it was just a normal resonator though
Old 10-21-2002, 09:19 PM

wow this is the first tiem i've heard of an unhappy customer once they actually got what they ordered, i mean the slow service is what i've always heard, but now this is even scaring me more than the 3 month wait, because i have their b pipe with a resonator, it was just a normal resonator though
i'm sending dallas both the threads regarding this maybe for a response. To see what he has to say
Old 10-21-2002, 10:15 PM

i'm sending dallas both the threads regarding this maybe for a response. To see what he has to say
i really don't think they care about their customers. i mean, if they did, they might actually be honest and tell us when the pipes would arrive!
also, if they did care about their customers, Dallas wouldn't have been so smug to n20mike, or myself regarding problems. if they were just honest with me, like i told them, i wouldn't have posted a problem with them
Old 10-22-2002, 07:26 AM

I don't think it was a smug reply at all. There are several types of resonators, we simply choose to use those that work. We don't do pseudo, we have designed each pipe to flow the best it can. Quite frankly we know there are people out there who post our email responses, I would have said the same thing in person or on the phone.

Our stainless orders take the longest, period. We are addressing it. In fact our other brother just got here last week from Minnesota so between helping them move and getting their kids in school we have had to rely on the answering machine a bit. We are shipping and manufacturing daily again.

regards
Dallas
Old 10-22-2002, 07:38 AM

Originally posted by bmfjeep
I don't think it was a smug reply at all. There are several types of resonators, we simply choose to use those that work. We don't do pseudo, we have designed each pipe to flow the best it can. Quite frankly we know there are people out there who post our email responses, I would have said the same thing in person or on the phone.

Our stainless orders take the longest, period. We are addressing it. In fact our other brother just got here last week from Minnesota so between helping them move and getting their kids in school we have had to rely on the answering machine a bit. We are shipping and manufacturing daily again.

regards
Dallas
thanks for the reply, hope to see my y pipe soon
Old 10-22-2002, 07:52 AM
pjalst

i got the ss, i didn't stay with the cattman in fear of the whole flex section thing, but there were no problems with that......so i guess i made a bad decision, unless my y pipe from warp comes soon....i have a feeling once it does come ill forget about the past
Is the TIG or the MIG Y really worth the wait? Are there any drawbacks to ordering the Aluminum Y? Doesn't seem like it's worth waiting 3 months for the ss.

Old 10-22-2002, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by pjalst

Is the TIG or the MIG Y really worth the wait? Are there any drawbacks to ordering the Aluminum Y? Doesn't seem like it's worth waiting 3 months for the ss.
hey, if you can get it in less than 3 months, good job. i am half-way there! anyway, i don't know if it's worth the wait or not. i might just cancel by the end of this week
Old 10-22-2002, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by bmfjeep

regards
Dallas
what i was referring to, was when you told him if you don't want it, simply return it! obviously he wanted the pipes, but he wanted a replacement, or his money back! that is all i was referring to as far as him. i don't care about what kind of resonator you used.
I don't understand why Lynn just doesn't tell everyone the truth when they order the pipes, so they don't sit there waiting kinda like I did right around two weeks. She told me that since you guys are backed up, it will probably take around two weeks for the SS y's. I am just saying that if I had gotten an honest response, like I told you in my emails, then I wouldn't have had a problem. If she told me two months, I would have either said "No thanks", or "Okay. Here's my money".
Old 10-22-2002, 10:15 AM

what i was referring to, was when you told him if you don't want it, simply return it! obviously he wanted the pipes, but he wanted a replacement, or his money back! that is all i was referring to as far as him. i don't care about what kind of resonator you used.
I don't understand why Lynn just doesn't tell everyone the truth when they order the pipes, so they don't sit there waiting kinda like I did right around two weeks. She told me that since you guys are backed up, it will probably take around two weeks for the SS y's. I am just saying that if I had gotten an honest response, like I told you in my emails, then I wouldn't have had a problem. If she told me two months, I would have either said "No thanks", or "Okay. Here's my money".
DITTO
Old 10-22-2002, 10:18 AM

customer service availability on 1-10 scale, maybe a 7, actual customer service a 1. Meaning timely responses, email replies, returned calls when they are to be expected, and honest shipping dates, none have been met. The understanding that you guys are busy is understandable, but it's your job.........
Old 10-22-2002, 10:33 AM

customer service availability on 1-10 scale, maybe a 7, actual customer service a 1. Meaning timely responses, email replies, returned calls when they are to be expected, and honest shipping dates, none have been met. The understanding that you guys are busy is understandable, but it's your job.........
exactly my point. i just wanted to be told the truth. that's all i asked for. was that too much to ask? i don't think so!

Quick Reply: warpspeed