Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

i don't believe this....another nissan dealer story

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 02:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i don't believe this....another nissan dealer story

if you guys remember, I posted last week that after I got my car back from the dealer I noticed my side markers weren't working. I know they were working before I went to the dealer that day, b/c I was looking at it earlier.
I got the car back today, and the tech told me the light bulbs in there were missing. I WAS SO "F*CKING" ****ED. I "THINK" someone at Nissan dealer actually stole my light bulbs.
B/C:
1. my side markers was working before I took it in
2. If someone stole my light bulbs while I was outside, than I don't think anyone would take the time to take out the light bulb, put the light bulb connector back into the side markers and put the side markers back. B/c it would just take too much time ( both sides of my sidemakers light bulbs were stolen)
maybe I'm not right...maybe I'm right. Who knows....but I'm pretty sure it wasn't stolen outside, b/c they wouldn't take the time to put it back.

btw, the whole time, service rep was telling me my light bulbs was bad, but took the tech 1 1/2 hrs to found out the problem.(this was on the phone before I went to dealer). After I got there, I went to find the technician, he told me light bulbs was not there, its not b/c they were bad. I was able to get the labor from $135 down to $45.00, b/c I aruged with him that it doesn't take 1 1/2 hrs to figure out light bulb were missing.

Another thing (sorry this is long), they couldn't duplicate the problem on why my car wouldn't start.....its working fine now
Old 10-15-2002, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor

makes ya not ever to buy another Nissan huh

when I go to the Lexus dealer.. it makes me wana buy another Lexus... even when I dont like most of the ones out

when i go to a Nissan dealer.. it makes me not wana buy the cars I like

dude thats some shiet about figuring the bulb was missing they are so scandalous
Old 10-15-2002, 02:39 PM

this is a little background story...if you can't understand what i'm talking about
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=157979
Old 10-15-2002, 05:30 PM
Handsome

Thats BS. Approach the technician and ask for your bulbs back. THreaten with a better business report, talk to the service manager, please don't let it go, thats messed up. My starter was bad (the car didn't start, I thought it was the battery but my load was fine, the next time it wouldn't start I tapped the starter with a screw driver and it started right up, a little tip for those who need to diagnose a bad starter.) While at the dealer this redneck mechanic tells me I need new brakes (just the pads are over 200 an axle) he said the back ones where really bad and the front had about 25% left, he also said I needed new belts which were 112.00. The starter was covered under warranty or I would have switched it out myself, as for the brakes they were pushing me to get them and said that if I damaged the rotors I would be looking at an expensive job (which is true but over 200 an axle for pads isn't expensive?) I told them they were f_cked up if they thought I was going to pay that much for pads, I'll go get kevlar pads for the kind of money their talking about. Anyway I got home and jacked the car up to look at the brakes. The front has about 80% left, and the back has about 70%. Just to make sure I took it to a local shop I have had a great relationship with and just asked them to check my brakes. They said the exact same thing, it would take more than 100,000 miles to wear out the brakes I have. The Nissan Dealer Service Manager will be getting a loud letter from me, and I will confront the p_ssy who tried to screw me out of over 400.00, that guy was just plain dumb for trying to pull that crap, I only hope he tries to give me lip about it, we'll be doing the three legged hop to the hospital, (me with one foot up his @ss to get it removed.)
Now I have to find a new Nissan dealership to get my warranty work done.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:12 PM
I'm so hood

As I'm still devoid of tools, I've taken my car to the local Infiniti dealership here twice now. Funny, the guy was like "Can I ask why you're coming here?" "Wasn't happy with Stan Olsen Nissan's service". "Yea, we get a lot of those." Though I wasn't too impressed by his "I don't believe in synthetic oil" quips.
It's too bad I messed up and missed an appointment with them the last time and never rescheduled - he's probably got me on the blacklist

The nissan dealership quoted above managed to somehow install a "new set of OEM rear shocks" wrong when I bought the car. Or just used shoddy eq....seeing as how they were able to replace them right away, then once I brought it back in 3 days later, they had to wait a week for a new set . They double as a Hyandui dealership, they were prolly so intent on getting it on the month's commission (rushed me to buy on the 31st) that they stuck a pair of Accent shocks in or something. This is the same dealership that refused to let me test drive an 02 Spec V because they were "such rare cars". That was it for me.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:33 PM

Originally posted by blizz20oma
As I'm still devoid of tools, I've taken my car to the local Infiniti dealership here twice now. Funny, the guy was like "Can I ask why you're coming here?" "Wasn't happy with Stan Olsen Nissan's service". "Yea, we get a lot of those."
so we can go to infinity for service & warranty work?
Old 10-15-2002, 09:40 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by carnal_c30
makes ya not ever to buy another Nissan huh

when I go to the Lexus dealer.. it makes me wana buy another Lexus... even when I dont like most of the ones out

when i go to a Nissan dealer.. it makes me not wana buy the cars I like

dude thats some shiet about figuring the bulb was missing they are so scandalous
exactly, when i go with my friend to drop his IS300 off for service they just hand him over a ES300 loaner with a full tank of gas. they replaced his window twice cus after it broke the seal on the top was slighty uneven and he *****ed about and they fixed it for free and gave him a free oil change/tire rotation/wash thingue that they do. i can't even get warrantied parts fixed on my car. also i called AUDI North America Today to schedule my free 24 test drive that i won. two rings and a PERSON picks up and is like Audi how may i help you. nissan sucks.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:25 PM

Join the nissan = customer disatisfaction club! Figures why nissan continues to rank at the bottom of the list in customer satisfaction with sales and leasing. I've love to see what their ranking is for service, parts, etc. I refuse to buy anything from my local dealer anymore. Ever since we got into a huge fight over a $20 part, I wound up winning anyway after I got my credit card company involved. I even know former people who worked there before who even admit they treat their customers like crap. Infact nissan sucks altogether, never again will I buy such a pi$$ poorly made car again!
Old 10-15-2002, 10:39 PM
I'm needing a caw

Actually Nissan is NOT on the bottom of the customer service satisfaction according to JD powers I believe. But I do have to say some Nissan techs and service managers are morons. They try to prey on consumer ignorance and get ripped a new one when they try that shat on knowledgable people
Old 10-15-2002, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Actually Nissan is NOT on the bottom of the customer service satisfaction according to JD powers I believe. But I do have to say some Nissan techs and service managers are morons. They try to prey on consumer ignorance and get ripped a new one when they try that shat on knowledgable people
i love schooling the techs, they are stupid.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:46 PM

does anybody agree me with that Nissan dealer (tech probably) was the one that stole my light bulbs?
Old 10-15-2002, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS
does anybody agree me with that Nissan dealer (tech probably) was the one that stole my light bulbs?
that's tough call. maybe it was one of the guys that takes all the headlights. lol
Old 10-16-2002, 05:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I dunno how many times I have to say it, but it's not just Nissan dealerships that suck. Pretty much ALL dealerships suck. Back when my mom had an Acura Vigor...the dealership left food and napkins in her engine bay...among other stories.
Old 10-16-2002, 05:27 AM
i SeE what you did therE

i only do to the dealer for keys and gaskets... and or the techs to drool over my car..

Old 10-16-2002, 05:35 AM

Originally posted by redmaxpa007
i only do to the dealer for keys and gaskets... and or the techs to drool over my car..

me too esp the tech's drooling part. i figured if they like my car they'd fix it but nope.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:44 AM

I love my dealership....

Originally posted by Lime
I dunno how many times I have to say it, but it's not just Nissan dealerships that suck. Pretty much ALL dealerships suck. Back when my mom had an Acura Vigor...the dealership left food and napkins in her engine bay...among other stories.
Never had a problem with them except my sales guy debated me on if my tweaters were covered for three years, I was right they are. My BOSE sub cut out once in a while and they said they could not duplicate it but they bought me a new one anyways. But, again my Nissan dealer is a Nissan First dealer.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:13 PM

Re: I love my dealership....

Originally posted by 2003MaximaSE_TE

Never had a problem with them except my sales guy debated me on if my tweaters were covered for three years, I was right they are. My BOSE sub cut out once in a while and they said they could not duplicate it but they bought me a new one anyways. But, again my Nissan dealer is a Nissan First dealer.
Bay Ridge is a Nissan Last dealer.

Brian
Old 10-16-2002, 08:37 PM

I gotta say when i take my car to Jerry Rome Nissan here in MA, they always treat me good, never had to deal with getting ripped off... hell they looked at my girlfriends nissan for free to check if the shop that did her clutch f'ed up and gave her a written report of the problem. They are on the ORG and sell discounted parts too. I cant say one bad thing about them. Ive heard my share of horror stories though.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by Krash513
I gotta say when i take my car to Jerry Rome Nissan here in MA, they always treat me good, never had to deal with getting ripped off... hell they looked at my girlfriends nissan for free to check if the shop that did her clutch f'ed up and gave her a written report of the problem. They are on the ORG and sell discounted parts too. I cant say one bad thing about them. Ive heard my share of horror stories though.
they are always nice but they never fix anything on my car. eddy the assistant service manager is wicked kewl too, he always hooks my friend scott up with good deal when his 200SX breaks and i can't fix it. he let me install a distributor in the parking lot and checked on us to make sure it was all going good.
Old 10-17-2002, 05:56 AM

See that's the reason why I don't like dealing with dealerships unless it's just going to buy parts that I'm going to replace or have them replace at a shop near me that does good work...

Old 10-17-2002, 03:36 PM

was this by any chance at the Gwinnett Place Nissan......If it was dont ever go there those guys are *** holes they will look at your car and if it looks modded they will find something wrong with it...to get some money out of u it has happed to my friend in his MAX and me 1 time......so i say **** those guys. Sorry to here about what happend to u.
Old 10-17-2002, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by maximusx20
was this by any chance at the Gwinnett Place Nissan
yup Gwinnett Place Nissan
Old 10-20-2002, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS

yup Gwinnett Place Nissan
They are the absolute worst in the world. In my old 85 max, I took it in for something, and they called me 3 DAYS later and told me that they couldn't work on my car until I replaced all the fuel injectors because they were leaking and was a hazard. I drove over and told them that the car did not have that problem when it came in, and the service manager basically told me that he refused to work on the car until I paid him to replace the injectors first. We got into it and he just ran me out of the building by calling the police. It turns out that Nissan had a recall on the injectors and ended up replacing $4900 worth of stuff when my car caught on fire, which the idiot manager conviniently neglected to tell me. I got the last laugh, that car is still running like a sewing machine, and I never took anything back to them again.

I wouldn't spit on that place if it was on fire.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:59 PM

maximas are nice cars, but i've had bad experiences with nissan.
It makes me not want to buy another nissan ever.
I wrote nissan a letter about how dissapointed i was with nissan service and i don't think they cared because i never got a reponse.
f-them.